Now there's a Grocery Getter...

a heavy u-lock in a crowded place is quite sufficient. easily defeated by an angle grinder but a huge shower of sparks and loud noises in front of a busy grocery store on a busy street in a busy city?
Actually, I hate carrying the thing with me but it gives me peace of mind when shopping.

I'm done with this exchange. Go play keyboard warrior with someone else.
You're the one who mouthed off with your little red wagon and I'm the bad guy? Because I didn't roll over and take your smartassery?

Pot meet kettle.

Bye.

Actually, I hate carrying the thing with me but it gives me peace of mind when shopping.
And if you buy the right ones, the kind that require two cuts, you can get the protection level up to about 4 minutes. Add a second one and maybe some other guy's bike is a much better target. Recently I used these two to exclusively lock my e-MTB at a camp site. The big one to a vehicle wheel and the small one around the tire and frame to eliminate the ability to ride it away if you get past the other one.

The hole on the big one in the pic below means you have to cut it twice. It won't twist open with one cut. The other one will since it just uses a slot, unfortunately.

pxl_20210825_185934104[1].jpg

As I said before, I live in quite a safe and theft free neighbourhood. While in a big city, I keep my eye on the e-bike at all times (petrol stations are pretty safe areas here). Therefore, I use the U-lock just in case on my grocery shopping (that takes a longer time). And I remove my Wahoo from the bars. Too expensive to risk losing it. I also need to take the panniers off my e-bike when shopping: the wallet is a precious thing to lose :)

I saw one today at the local shop.

Attachments

• 20230319_101306.jpg
    20230319_101306.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 163
Back