Newbie Omega owner - question about the envelio transmission

joearena99

Hello Hello. Just received/assembled my new Omega. Downloaded the Envelio app and took the bike for a quick spin.

Questions for the experienced Omega riders:

1) Do you typically ride the bike in 'automatic' or 'manual' mode? I live in Florida - very, very flat here.

2) I typically ride about 4 miles to the entrance of a local park. Once in the park, I need to maintain a 10 mph-or-less speed to comply with park rules/safety. When I leave the park, I typically ride back at 15+ mph. What is the best way to be able to quickly shift from 15+ to 10 mph-max ???????

Thanx

I don't think you want the "Manual" mode. In fact, you cannot 'change gears' using the APP because it states that you need to use the handlebar controller and the wireless controller is not installed on the Omega! It was standard equipment on the Aurora Limited, but an optional add-on with the Omega (although I no longer see it available on the Evelo website). You might want to contact Evelo and see if you can buy a wireless handlebar controller because it does allow you to adjust cadence (in the automatic mode) without having to use the APP.
You might find it a bit difficult to maintain speeds below 10 mph, but you certainly want to keep your PAS level at 1 (and maybe even 0). And if you have the wireless controller, you could adjust your cadence at a higher RPM which would force the gear ratios to be lower.

I don't think you want the "Manual" mode. In fact, you cannot 'change gears' using the APP because it states that you need to use the handlebar controller and the wireless controller is not installed on the Omega! It was standard equipment on the Aurora Limited, but an optional add-on with the Omega (although I no longer see it available on the Evelo website). You might want to contact Evelo and see if you can buy a wireless handlebar controller because it does allow you to adjust cadence (in the automatic mode) without having to use the APP.
You might find it a bit difficult to maintain speeds below 10 mph, but you certainly want to keep your PAS level at 1 (and maybe even 0). And if you have the wireless controller, you could adjust your cadence at a higher RPM which would force the gear ratios to be lower.
I just ordered an Omega from Evelo today and asked about the controller. I was told that that had them on hand for $50 for Evelo owners but they stopped listing them on their site because other bike brand owners were ordering them and they wanted to maintain their inventory for Evelo customers. I ordered a controller with my bike order. You just need to talk to a customer service person.

Ed

Back