Newbie - Looking at Trek bikes: Vale go! 9D vs Allant+7S Stagger

Angelfish

Region
USA
So, we're looking at electric bikes. Mostly just to ride around town, not really off path riding, just family riding. (My husband has already decided he wants the Allant+ 7S)

I test rode both the Vale & the Allant+7S Stagger (Small). Both were fun, but now I am not sure which way to go for myself. (Why no 7S lowstep? Sigh...)
(If it helps, I have a 28" inseam)

Any thoughts on these 2 bikes?

Thanks in advance.

While owning two of the same bike would mean being able to share batteries, bike fit is important and if you need a step-through then go for it. The Vale Go! 9D EQ S model is a Class 3 so you would be able to match speed

While owning two of the same bike would mean being able to share batteries, bike fit is important and if you need a step-through then go for it. The Vale Go! 9D EQ S model is a Class 3 so you would be able to match speed
Maybe. We don't normally think of step through vs others as a "fit" issue, but if you can't get your fit through the stagger frame, I guess it doesn't matter.

The Vale's motor is a lower torque motor, and the bike isn't quite as refined as the Allant+, but it's a lot cheaper. For city riding, it might not matter, but if your husband gets inspired, he could start leaving you in the dust! (but you could always trade up at that point?).

As a 70+ senior, I found riding an Allant+ 8S (all I could get two years ago...) made a world of difference in my endurance and balance. May you have similar health returns...

For city riding, it might not matter, but if your husband gets inspired, he could start leaving you in the dust! (but you could always trade up at that point?).
If he starts leaving you in dust it might be time trade him in on better model.

Dewery is right, buy bike that works for you, don't limit yourself to Trek and try lots of different bikes.

For leisure riding the idea is to enjoy ride not get from A to B as quick as possible. Which begs the question why a 28mph bike?.

Last edited:
Dewery is right, buy bike that works for you, don't limit yourself to Trek and try lots of different bikes.

For leisure riding the idea is to enjoy ride not get from A to B as quick as possible. Which begs the question why a 28mph bike?.
Guess you don't read the discussions started by folks wanting to go faster and faster? :)
I agree though, that for leisure riding in a city, hopefully speed is not the top objective.

I have an Allant 9s and a 7s for guests. The 8s is superior to the 7s IMO.
And if you don’t need a class three the 7 or 8 are available in step-through, or used to be

Back