New Trekking Owner; Which handlebar bag ?

barry g

I just received my new "magic carpet" & I'm truly enjoying it. I've been using a "saddlebag" type rear pannier that fits OVER the rear rack--
which will work for now.
I was wondering what HANDLEBAR BAG, some of you might be using that doesn't interfere with the cables ?
Thx in advance
Barry

All three of these use the KlickFix adapter for quick release:

Rixen & Kraul daypack handlebar bag (Amazon)
Hinterland Paloma Handlebar Bag (Swift Industries)
Ortlieb Ultimate 6 Classic

These use other connectors for quick-release:

Ortlieb Ultimate 6S Plus Handlebar Bag (REI)
Arkel Large Handlebar Bag

The quick release connectors are always at the stem and are the least likely to interfere with the tiger's web of cables off your handlebars. Probably the toughest and strongest quick release design is Arkel's.

What do you want to carry? Topeak makes a number of handlebar bags that use a QuickClick bracket so the bag does not interfere with cables. It also makes attaching and removing the bag easy. Other manufacturers offer similar systems. If you don't need to carry much, there are also bags that mount to the top tube behind the stem.

I just received my new "magic carpet" & I'm truly enjoying it. I've been using a "saddlebag" type rear pannier that fits OVER the rear rack--
which will work for now.
I was wondering what HANDLEBAR BAG, some of you might be using that doesn't interfere with the cables ?
Thx in advance
Barry

Does your Trekking have the light mounted under the Bosch controller? My XDuro 4.0 does therefore I've not been able to use a handlebar bag (or would block the light). Or at least cannot use my Ortleib e-bike mount that I use on my Riese and Muller. Instead I opt for a dual purpose bag. I use the Blackburn handlebar bag that is also a sling bag (and use it as a sling bag - wear it on my body). Which pannier/saddle bags did you choose?

I use this as a sling bag which duals as a handlebar bag. Pretty small though. I've used it successfully as a handlebar bag on my human powered bike but unable on my Haibike Trekking due to the position of the light (therefore on the Trekking I wear it on my body):

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Quick mini-review of the Swift Paloma handlebar bag (review really starts around 03:15, so if you want to skip images of a frozen Missoula you can):

One thing about the Paloma is that while it has several nice interior pockets it doesn't seem to have a zippered one, which is super-nice for things like your ID, keys, and money. So I'd suggest getting a small pouch that you can insert into one of the pockets and perhaps tie off with a keeper loop.

Back