New Tires/Summer Tread

@SpiderDice Not sure if Bell is. I have seen a lot of Bell items at Walmart. I looked at these tires at SA yesterday. They looked OK. but not sure of their quality. SA actually had a lot of bike accessories.. tires, tubes, seats.. I was somewhat surprised on how much bike related items they stock. I am not a frequent visitor to Sports Academy.

Did you order the Chaoyang Tire SandStorms?

@walawn How are the Origin8 tires working for you? I have a set of them (folding) but have not put them on yet.
Are these on your RadRover? Do you have a picture you could share of them mounted on your Rover? Thanks.

@MarkP I have not had a change to test them out since my LBS is still holding my bike hostage since I had them mounted there. But I will let you know.

The new Vee Rubber Mission Command 4.7 with its continuous center pattern knobs has gotten good reviews and looks like a good all season tire option. I'm probably going with those as my first switch from the stock tires as I'm looking to go tubeless.

Attachments

• Mission-Command-31-700x500.jpg
    Mission-Command-31-700x500.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 923
@Commuter101 Tires fit just fine. They mounted well. I still consider it a fatbike tire since the contact patch is wider than a normal 1-1.5 inch wide bicycle tire. They look great.

@Commuter101 Tires fit just fine. They mounted well. I still consider it a fatbike tire since the contact patch is wider than a normal 1-1.5 inch wide bicycle tire. They look great.

Still deciding what road tires to get. Would you mind posting a side and front view pic of the Hookworms on your bike? And what PSI are you running on them? Thanks!

I"ve kept them on the same wheels (Radrover stock wheels), but have moved them to another build with a ridgid fork. I run 15-25 psi in them which is pretty firm, but I prefer less rolling resistance than more suspension softening. The tubes and tires can take up to 60 psi I think. I will post pictures soon for you.

Back