New ST2 owners

First adopters have some minor problems, live with it , mostly solved under warranty.
Advice: buy the ST2 suspension fork, as I did afterwards a BIG improvement, look also for a seatpost suspension.
Never stopped by cops only by interested people

But do you see it as bad idea to have stealth e bike for daily commuting? I know i can upgrade for suspenssion but it will change the whole luxery look of the st2.. Would u mind to show me picture of the bike with the suspenssion? How many km range is it making if u ride it between level 2 and 3? And how is it going with winter and snow.

I love stealth bikes/cars.
I have a log of all my rides for 4k km and find out riding level 2 is best for joyable riding
you can do approx 60 km with one charge average speed is 34,4 over 4K
I reached max average speeds of 40km on my daily 15km trip /level 3.
As I purchesed a second charger have no issue charging anymore if I don't forget to charge.
Picture will come later, but some pictures of the suspension are on the CH stromer forum.

Hello Paul.

I am happy to see that the "scandinavian chapter" of the forum has grown ;-)
I wrote you a PM in norwegian language; regarding my thoughts, based on own experiences. Let me/ us know what you decide to do :)
You should make a decission made on your pattern of use & your own preferences.

If you want a "discret" bike which do not stand that much out in the "crowd"; the Stromer-bikes is spot on. No "neon"-colors or radical frame-design.
With "baloon"-tyres and perhaps a optioned seat-suspension; Any Stromer do good on roads. On my ST2-s I did not option for a suspension-fork because of esthetics. I dont miss it. For road-use; the stiffer-carbon-fork works better. My former bike was a Grace MX; with a quality shock-fork. 99 % of the time; it was stiffend off; to improve handling when pedaling hard. But I guess this is a question of opinion and what kind of roads you drive on.

@paulchoueity

TA9Vtqdl.jpg

nice!! where did u buy the bag? whats the brand?
I want to buy demo bike stromer with good price..do u suggest? i see one problem the light is always on! if i turn it off it turn the day light off as well.. any idea?

i see one problem the light is always on! if i turn it off it turn the day light off as well.. any idea?

At least in europe, the lights are always on. The daylight-may be turned off in a "secret" menu; but the main-light will always light up. Anyways thats how it is on my ST2S. If turning the lights of is really imporant to you; this can be easily adapted. But in the end; the lights does not "steal" that much power from your battery; and actually makes your driving more safe.

as well is this water bottle?? i love the holder for it :p where u bought it as well with the bag?

The holder you see on the downtube-frame; is a holder for a lock. Most likely a ABUS or TRELOCK.

About the trunk-bag; I have ordered a Ortlieb trunkbag. I will receive it within a week I believe. I will post about it on the forum.

ST2 is great,I also will to buy,but I tangled that the K1 scooter Foldable Electric scooter,it is more easy and convenience...18KG weight....30miles far aways........

I do the bike in the city and working...How to choose!

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

...did not option for a suspension-fork because of esthetics. I dont miss it. For road-use; the stiffer-carbon-fork works better. My former bike was a Grace MX; with a quality shock-fork. 99 % of the time; it was stiffend off; to improve handling when pedaling hard.

Absolutely correct (for high speed bikers)!

If you go slow, let's say around 30 km/h, a suspension fork can be set very soft. Then, the suspension effect will be bigger than with the carbon fork. Both Stromer have the same riding comfort:

upload_2016-8-9_18-10-56.png

But the FOX is changing the geometry. This has impact on the riding style.

Absolutely correct (for high speed bikers)!

If you go slow, let's say around 30 km/h, a suspension fork can be set very soft. Then, the suspension effect will be bigger than with the carbon fork. Both Stromer have the same riding comfort:

View attachment 8499

But the FOX is changing the geometry. This has impact on the riding style.

That was a cool picture, bluecat :). The steeper geometry on the shock-fork equipped st2 is a very visible difference.
At time of purchase; I would most likely have opted for a shock-fork; if there was one available with the same color/design-scheme as the s-model. A white or black fork would "kill" the "clean" look of the s-model. Now I dont miss it.
But s you write, bluecat; a shock-fork do have a positive effect for many riders. I also believe its kind of a "fashion"-thing; which far from all users really get a much improved experience from adding. Sometimes; "less is more" ;-)

For me it is small tires and new fender , no issue any more. I prefer the smaller tires for my riding style, more street/paved paths

For me it is small tires and new fender , no issue any more. I prefer the smaller tires for my riding style, more street/paved paths

Yeah but to buy it new and change tires not so good idea.. But thanks :) am so happy in this forum everyone is so helpful.

I had a bent fender . It was replaced at the same time as I upgraded my tires. I went w/the size which comes on the ST2s. I had a flat,needed a tire . Put the other Big Ben on the ST1, my wife's bike. I also carry 2 extra batteries on the st1 and 1 extra on the st2, along with tools and clothes, I put the rack to use. I think the issue of the bent fender was the real issue.

Back