NEW Juiced Models: Rip Current, and Cross Current X; Tariff Pricing Announced

Wow, the Cross Current X has a 25amp peak controller. I thought the 20 amp controller in the S felt powerful...

I just wanna know the price of CCX controller.. it's not posted on Juiced site yet

it probably won't be for a while. It took them awhile to put up the CCS controller, well after the CCS came out.

I hope they don't make the new controller only compatible with the 52v volt batteries. The CCS upgrade there requires you to have the 12.8 battery or better, so if you're like me and have the old CC with the 7.8 battery, you can't utilize it because the battery.

If they make it only compatible with their own battery (52v) and leave the others (48v folks) in the dark then ill be walking away from Juiced. Let's hope it's not the case.

I have looked into Luna upgrade since Juiced charge quite a bit for their upgrade parts.. motor, battery, speed controller, etc.

The short answer is no.. Juiced has its own proprietary connector to avoid customers purchasing parts from different brands.

Of course, if you're willing to switch every electronic component to Luna, then that might be the different story.
That's not accurate. They used a non-standard barrel connector at one time, but replaced it with the XT60H-F, according to this page on the Juiced website.

A closer look at the connector.

Some people have said that there are those of us, myself included, who do not want any criticism of Juiced Bikes. This is not true. When you think of some of the happiest owners of Juiced products, such as Reid, Asher, Chris Hammond, and others, we have all been critical when called for. Constructive criticism, IMO, based on facts and with suggested fixes.

Then there is criticism just for the sake of being critical. @Timpo, your comment falls into the latter category. There is no way you can know that they chose the connectors they did "to avoid customers purchasing parts from different brands."

The choice they made to transition to standard connectors, precisely for ease of maintenance and repair (Tora mentions this in at least one of Court's videos, and maybe one of his own also), suggests screwing the customer was not their motivation. My guess? They got something that was both available and inexpensive, and then realized that it would create difficulties, and then changed. Sure, this is just a guess, as was yours, but it's based on available evidence and not speculation.

I think you're missing a point a little bit.. we're not talking about specific connector, such as XT60 and yes I was aware of it.

We're talking about whether or not it's possible for us to use other speed controllers from Luna.
(or I was thinking any other manufacture for that matter, such as Volt Bike, FLX, or any other Bafang powered and Reention battery case)

I have done my own search and visited a several local ebike shops and they all said that these components are generally non-interchangeable, unless you bought parts from Amazon, eBay or other Bafang DIY kit online. Those "generic" bafang powered bikes come with Bafang connector (or QR connector, or whatever they call it).
Sondors was one of the manufactures that used generic connectors, which was fantastic for customers because it was very easy to upgrade. From what I heard, they quickly learned that they were missing out on selling upgrade parts so changed the connector to proprietary ones.

Basically, each ebike brands have different connectors, in fact, as far as I know, there's not a single ebike manufacture's components that are interchangeable with Juiced.

And yes, XT60 is very handy when you want to switch around other Juiced controllers, such as CC to CCS spec, or hopefully up to CCX.
No, you miss the point. But I'm not going to push it.

Why? The CCS and HF have very similar down tube.
The difference between 9FET and 12FET is that 12FET is longer, not wider.

I have a feeling it will fit, maybe ask Juiced?

Hf1100-Brushed-Side-Right_2500px_1024x1024.jpg

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I may be wrong but I think the 12fet is to long. You may get lucky. Looks are deceiving. I can't put a 9fet in my ocean current because of the little bend in the down tube by the head set so I wouldn't count on it working but you can try and that's if you can even get one. Very doubtful anytime soon.

What are you talking about??

The OceanCurrent just got updated with 9FET controller.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
That's what I mean, I bought to early and they had to redesign the frame to compensate for the freaking controller so the people that bought early are just out of luck. Tora clearly didn't think things through.

15778"]Why? The CCS and HF have very similar down tube.
The difference between 9FET and 12FET is that 12FET is longer, not wider.

I have a feeling it will fit, maybe ask Juiced?

Hf1100-Brushed-Side-Right_2500px_1024x1024.jpg

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)[/QUOTE]them photos are different scales, the ccs is too big in the picture compared to the hf1100. The down tube on the hf is longer from the battery to the head set but you can check it out with juiced, good luck with that.

Honestly I'd be happy with whatever controller they're going to use on the new CCX. If it fits that, it'll fit the CCS. It's only a matter of if they make the CCX controller only compatible with the 52V battery, which I hope they don't do. I do like Juiced, but I already have one semi obsolete original CC because the battery (7.8) is to small to upgrade it to the CCS controller. So I would need $600 battery (12.8 or 13) and the $200+ controller upgrade kit to make it complete, and I'd still be missing out on the rack, headlight, and fenders. It would be close to $1,000. My CCS shouldn't be obsolete after than a year. Just because I have the 48V battery.

Honestly I'd be happy with whatever controller they're going to use on the new CCX. If it fits that, it'll fit the CCS. It's only a matter of if they make the CCX controller only compatible with the 52V battery, which I hope they don't do. I do like Juiced, but I already have one semi obsolete original CC because the battery (7.8) is to small to upgrade it to the CCS controller. So I would need $600 battery (12.8 or 13) and the $200+ controller upgrade kit to make it complete, and I'd still be missing out on the rack, headlight, and fenders. It would be close to $1,000. My CCS shouldn't be obsolete after than a year. Just because I have the 48V battery.
Bahahaha, who's whining now?

Bahahaha, who's whining now?

there's a difference between being critical and complaining every other post. You're the one who whines. If you can't acknowledge that, you're insane. You realize you're trolling an ebike forum? I understand trolling and having fun on Reddit, but this is a bike forum. What are you doing?

there's a difference between being critical and complaining every other post. You're the one who whines. If you can't acknowledge that, you're insane. You realize you're trolling an ebike forum? I understand trolling and having fun on Reddit, but this is a bike forum. What are you doing?

He's a rooster..he's crowing!

yeah this is exactly what I have been complaining about Juiced on other forums too.

The Juiced parts are way too expensive.. they do so by proprietary connectors. Not generic Bafang QR connectors.

Because when I look at other brand's upgrade kit, such as Luna Cycle, their controller, battery, motor, display, etc.. are whole a lot cheaper than Juiced.

This is frustrating because it makes Juiced disposable, not upgradable. I would love to keep my bike for a long time and keep upgrading it. But Juiced's high parts pricing makes that it makes more sense to just buy another bike.
More and more people will figure this out as time goes on. That's all I wanted, a bike that was upgradable like I was supposed to be buying. These bikes will just continue to get obsolete. My ocean current was obsolete 3 months after I bought it and that is not right. That's not whining ,that's a fact, so I built my own and more and more people will learn that's the way to go because you know what you've got and you can fix it if it breaks. If these bikes break out of warranty they will cost a small fortune to fix, if you can get the parts from juiced because that's the only place you can get them and that's how they make their money.

1534880320222.png

It's pretty puzzling how Juiced is charging $200 more for the CCS vs the RC, when the latter weighs more, and is 52V instead of 48V. So it's $200 more for a rack and fenders?

I figure Juiced will make everything 52V by 2019.

I'm surprised no other mainstream ebike maker is trying to play ball really with Juiced - especially RadPower. Are there any companies selling 52V ebikes, besides Luna's $6k Apex?

ok I didn't know that OceanCurrent's frame design was changed.
They offered to send me another frame but I was supposed to take mine completely apart and send them my old frame, cost me money, then I was supposed to put everything back together, cost me money, and I don't even know what they would have charged me for the new controller and all this was really supposed to be so I could have an LCD display which was promised from the git go and you still can't get any LCD for the ocean current. I paid $1900 for this bike with the 17.4 ah battery and it's really disappointing to me. Everybody else is entitled to their opinion and that's mine, sorry if it bothers you.

Can you guys point to one example of a torque sensing e-bike that gives you the option to upgrade after it is purchased? I have an original Cross Current with a ‘measly’ 13 amps of power. I was a little jelous of the 20 amps in the CCS but it’s just the nature of the e-bike industry that things are improving at a rapid pace.

Can you guys point to one example of a torque sensing e-bike that gives you the option to upgrade after it is purchased? I have an original Cross Current with a ‘measly’ 13 amps of power. I was a little jelous of the 20 amps in the CCS but it’s just the nature of the e-bike industry that things are improving at a rapid pace.
Not the point, the point is that if you look back in ebr reviews on the ocean current he blaitenly lied about the watts that it produced and also the fact that all of these bikes would be interchangeable, you know, that's what modular is. It just kills me how you all feel like you have to defend this kind of business practice but what ever floats your boat. Everybody is entitled to their opinion I guess but don't think that I just wanted to harp on this company because I deal with a lot of others and have never had this problem before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Is it really that existing parts are finally put into production bikes? Juiced is the first to put 52V in a production bike, but 52V is far from new on the enthusiast market.

I guess I don't understand why there's such a chasm between component range and production models.

Is it really that existing parts are finally put into production bikes? Juiced is the first to put 52V in a production bike, but 52V is far from new on the enthusiast market.

I guess I don't understand why there's such a chasm between component range and production models.
Sorry but I believe that Luna was the first to introduce the 52v in a bike. I believe it's called the apex. They also put it on other bikes but I wouldn't call them production bikes. Luna has had the 52v out for a while.

The Apex came out in 2017, but
Sorry but I believe that Luna was the first to introduce the 52v in a bike. I believe it's called the apex. They also put it on other bikes but I wouldn't call them production bikes. Luna has had the 52v out for a while.

Yeah is the Apex a production bike, or more of a built by hand affair?

:)

Last edited:
Back