NEW Juiced Models: Rip Current, and Cross Current X; Tariff Pricing Announced

I do get around 40 miles until 20% on level one with my 12.8 which isn't bad at all. Level 1 and peddling at about 24 miles per hour.

For me with my gen 1 CC 24mph is level 3 with a good effort in ideal conditions. I'd love to upgrade to a CCS controller, but I'd need the higher capacity battery to go along with it. Only have the LED display & 12.8 battery; going by the bars I used 60% on calm days, 80% in headwind days, & 90%+ in winter all in sport mode.

I wonder if fatigue failure could be thing considering over 16k miles on the bike already so maybe a good idea to buy new anyway,

and CCX is 750W / 1300W Peak :eek:

anyways, yeah I knew about the wattage difference on paper, but I was wondering what it was like in the real world.

Also I believe the CC was rated at 700W peak..

CCS has a 20 peak amp controller. 48*20=960.

on the LCD display you will notice if you are in sport mode from a stop holding the throttle and pedaling hard that you will be in the 900-watt area.

I did meet a ebike mechanic who said as much, that a lot of early juiced bikes fried their electronics because the motor was too powerful for the small battery, less than 12.8 ah.
No way is a motor going to fry the electronics because the motor is too powerful, jeez, where do you guys come up with this stuff??? I mean, I'm not trying to be rude but come on. Maybe if there's a short somewhere but the motor is only going to take what's there.

But the reason for frying them was due to powerful motor and small battery though?

Was the small battery a factor? I could see sending too much electric currency could cause speed controller to fry.
Yes that's what I said, small battery. Sub-12.8 ah. Not sure if the 8.8ahs were problematic.

I did meet an ebike mechanic who said as much, that a lot of early juiced bikes fried their electronics because the motor was too powerful for the small battery, less than 12.8 ah.
Makes no sense. Ah has no effect on Amps put out. An undersized battery would more likely overheat. It's still a fishy story...

I don't think Asher is lying though, because I have a similar story about bicycle mechanic.

I was at local ebike shop that sells Haibike.
Apparently, one of the customers did a SpeedBox tune to his Haibike, raising the speedlimit of 20mph to unrestricted speed.

Basically, what the mechanic said that he blew the Yamaha mid drive motor because the bike was going too fast.

Which didn't make sense to me, because the SpeedBox does not raise the max cadence of motor, it just unrestrict the speed governer.
He also mentioned that it costed the customer $1,000 to replace the motor, apparently it was supposed to be close to $1,500 but because the customer was being honest about unrestricting the speed limit, Yamaha gave him a discount. It didn't sound right to me.
WHOA! No implication that anyone lied. It just makes little sense. I can run a 30A BBSHD on a 14s2p battery with a 30ABMS, no problem. I can run Also run a 20A or even 1 15A controller, on a smaller mid drive on the same battery, or on my 14s8P. Ah as a single value, won't fry a system.

CCX looks very intriguing. If tariffs hadn't happened I probably would have held off buying my RadCity a bit longer and might've gotten this instead.

Oh well.

Kind of odd they didn't include a front fender though, for a commuter.

CCX looks very intriguing. If tariffs hadn't happened I probably would have held off buying my RadCity a bit longer and might've gotten this instead.

Oh well.

Kind of odd they didn't include a front fender though, for a commuter.

I'm pretty sure it'll come with the front fender. The CCS came with it but wasn't attached the bike on delivery.

Or in some cases with the CCS, they ship the fender and no support bars, and can't find any laying around for months :(. Still waiting on my front fender bars...

Edit: Right after posting this I got an email that they were on their way. I take back everything.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it'll come with the front fender. The CCS came with it but wasn't attached the bike on delivery.
OK. Just idle chatter from me since as I said I just bought a RadCity to get ahead of the tariffs. But I was going from what I saw at the end of the video immediately preceding my post.

No idea, just what the ebike mechanic told me. Santa Monica branch. Many SoCal ebike mechanics that know Tora, especially if they worked at Bike Attack.

https://electricbikezzz.com/locations/
I talk to bike shops every day, helping sort issues. This makes no sense. I'd love to read the logic. A bicycle mechanic isn't always well versed, typically, in electronic issues. Perhaps you simply misunderstood. I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong.
Thanks!

I talk to bike shops every day, helping sort issues. This makes no sense. I'd love to read the logic. A bicycle mechanic isn't always well versed, typically, in electronic issues. Perhaps you simply misunderstood. I'd love to be corrected if I am wrong.
Thanks!
You're not wrong, it doesn't make sense. Not trying to be rude but most bicycle mechanics are just that. Motor doesn't put power to anything but the wheel. Usually if something is going to burn up, it's gonna be the controller unless you're bms screws up and you're battery bursts into flames.

What's your point?
My point is for production bikes Juiced is offering better value that other manufacturers for replacement batteries. Your prior post implied otherwise.
Of course you can buy DIY frame packs for a lower cost per Wh, but those don't fit in the locking cradles of any manufacturers bike.

My point is for production bikes Juiced is offering better value that other manufacturers for replacement batteries. Your prior post implied otherwise.
Of course you can buy DIY frame packs for a lower cost per Wh, but those don't fit in the locking cradles of any manufacturers bike.
I beg to differ, check out M2S or biktrix. Just a matter of opinion I guess. I would much rather build my own. I guess I just got into juiced way too early. Should have waited to get the kinks out. Hindsight is 20/20 ya know.

Back