New Frey Owners

There's a reason that it's disabled by default. There are safety concerns if you, or someone else, were to accidentally hit the throttle while at a stop. Also, the motor has quite a bit of torque and can cause premature wear to the chain and cassette if you apply motor power, and that much torque, from a stop. So, turn it on at your own risk. Personally, I feel like it's better to have even if I rarely need/use it.

I’d recommend you always select assist ‘0’ at a stand still, especially when other people are around for fear of them hitting the throttle unexpectedly. It’s just good practice even if you haven’t enabled the throttle to work from stationary.

You won’t be able to enable the throttle to work from stationary with the standard programming software. It’s an embedded setting that requires a controller reflash.
Have you changed the controller settings on your AM? If so, what did you change?

I’d recommend you always select assist ‘0’ at a stand still, especially when other people are around for fear of them hitting the throttle unexpectedly. It’s just good practice even if you haven’t enabled the throttle to work from stationary.

You won’t be able to enable the throttle to work from stationary with the standard programming software. It’s an embedded setting that requires a controller reflash.
I have the cable, looking for the software to work from stationary on my CC,
All the best
Mark

Does anyone know if the power output of the throttle varies depending on what power assist level you're on? I haven't had much of an opportunity to test this. Obviously, you're acceleration and speed will depend on what gear you're in, but, in terms of the actual power delivered every time that you hit the throttle, is that the same across the board?

[/QUOTE]
Looks like you're right (not surprised). I used the programming software and changed assist 0 setting to 1 and 1 respectively. It looks like that just enables throttle during assist 0 setting but does nothing in terms of using throttle from a full stop. This is sort of a let down. I know that it serves a safety function and protects the parts from premature wear, but, to me the throttle is most beneficial at a stop to get back up to speed while commuting.

From other videos and forums such as Micah's Elektrek videos and the AM1000 endless sphere forum, it looks like earlier versions of the Bafang Ultra did have throttle from full stop ability. Micah shot footage of someone doing a wheelie using the throttle from full stop and the AM1000 owner in the forum reported that his throttle works from full stop.

Last edited:
Looks like you're right (not surprised). I used the programming software and changed assist 0 setting to 1 and 1 respectively. It looks like that just enables throttle during assist 0 setting but does nothing in terms of using throttle from a full stop. This is sort of a let down. I know that it serves a safety function and protects the parts from premature wear, but, to me the throttle is most beneficial at a stop to get back up to speed while commuting.

From other videos and forums such as Micah's Elektrek videos and the AM1000 endless sphere forum, it looks like earlier versions of the Bafang Ultra did have throttle from full stop ability. Micah shots footage of someone doing a wheelie using the throttle from full stop and the AM1000 owner in the forum reports his throittle works from full stop.
[/QUOTE]
Desperately trying to get my CC programmed to start from throttle
Best
Mark

I discussed with Ivy, it is considered a safety feature and I agree with that. My M600 has throttle from start, my HT does not.

The M600 is intended for demonstration purposes and for non experienced people to ride it, already several people operated the throttle in error. For future testrides I will initially disconnect the throttle as reprogramming the M600 is impossible without the Bafang hardware.

For people who are confident they can handle the throttle properly, email Ivy and she will send the correct programming file for the M620.

I reached out to Ivy and she shared the programming software with me. It looks pretty much identical to the software that I linked previously. I have asked her 10 different ways how to use the software to throttle from full stop and at this point it's pretty clear to me that she just doesn't want to share that information. I don't think it's merely language barrier. No matter, I've been talking with Pushkar at Wattwagons about upgrading to the Anchron X1 controller anyway.

I reached out to Ivy and she shared the programming software with me. It looks pretty much identical to the software that I linked previously. I have asked her 10 different ways how to use the software to throttle from full stop and at this point it's pretty clear to me that she just doesn't want to share that information. I don't think it's merely language barrier. No matter, I've been talking with Pushkar at Wattwagons about upgrading to the Anchron X1 controller anyway.
Will that fix our problem?
Best
Mark Tunis

have you tried the software Ivy shared with you?.... Simon had said You won’t be able to enable the throttle to work from stationary with the standard programming software. It’s an embedded setting that requires a controller reflash so maybe her software works....just wondering as I also would like throttle from stop

have you tried the software Ivy shared with you?.... Simon had said You won’t be able to enable the throttle to work from stationary with the standard programming software. It’s an embedded setting that requires a controller reflash so maybe her software works....just wondering as I also would like throttle from stop
I can’t open the file, get file not supported message, first file she sent I could open but wrong file, plus I would need instructions as I’m not a Ebike mechanic

I can’t open the file, get file not supported message, first file she sent I could open but wrong file, plus I would need instructions as I’m not a Ebike mechanic
Also I guess you can cause a lot of trouble if you don’t know your doing
Trying to find someone local who has experience it this
Mark

I would kiss you on the belly
I will pass on the kissing part :cool:, first we need to check what is the specific setting.
I have a HT with pedal start here, I will draw the .el file from that motor and once I get the .el from Ivy I will compare the two.
In my office I also have a new factory motor, not installed and presumed to be throttle from zero.

I have also asked George Banea of Eggrider if he is aware of the issue.

Once I am fully confident I can do the file swap safely, then we need to find the software so I can take over your laptop, which you will need to download too.
So there is some time and logistics involved.

The reason for this has less to do with Frey, I am afraid the support of Bafang China on after-sales service, spare parts and training is less than optimal.

I will pass on the kissing part :cool:, first we need to check what is the specific setting.
I have a HT with pedal start here, I will draw the .el file from that motor and once I get the .el from Ivy I will compare the two.
In my office I also have a new factory motor, not installed and presumed to be throttle from zero.

I have also asked George Banea of Eggrider if he is aware of the issue.

Once I am fully confident I can do the file swap safely, then we need to find the software so I can take over your laptop, which you will need to download too.
So there is some time and logistics involved.

The reason for this has less to do with Frey, I am afraid the support of Bafang China on after-sales service, spare parts and training is less than optimal.
I will request the same help for throttle from standstill when you have it ready to install remotely ...this will be helpful and greatly appreciated and I will leave out the kissing part :D

Last edited:
Back