New Enviolo hub firmware / Vado 5.0IGH

leifg

Region
USA
Enviolo posted new firmware a couple weeks ago for Automatiq (version R48 -- I'm on R47). Did anyone here try the update? I have not because it's working great and I don't have time to tinker if something goes awry, but I probably will at some point.

Regarding changes, I don't believe the last bullet applies to Vado unless it's a low level behavior linked to assist mode (at least no reference in Enviolo app of "profiles").

The first bullet is a nice convenience, the second bullet sounds intriguing, but I haven't encountered those issues...although if this FW came out before I reduced belt tension and replaced 24T rear hub with 22T, I would have immediately updated the FW without first posting here 🙂

R48​

• The manual calibration process is now fully automatic and has moved to the background. There is no need to calibrate AUTOMATiQ anymore.
  • Improved shifting algorithm reduced unwanted behavior that sometimes could result in busy behavior, excessive noise, or empty pedal feeling.
  • Comfort, Eco, and Sport profiles are now unified into one profile that provides the best shifting experience in all conditions

Good deal, it will be interesting to see if @Nonlinear can detect a difference

You can update the firmware with the enviolo app. I have specialized app set to auto connect to bike. If you do too, make sure you kill Specialized app first so you can connect to enviolo app.

I purchased the "Gates Carbon Drive Belt Drive CDX Rear Cog, NuVinci- 22t". I did not use their tool to remove or install -- it was rather easy to pry it off 24T by slowly walking each section of the hub over the threads one thread at a time (used a screw driver). I had a PVC tube on the ready to install like their tool, but it was not required and I was able to push it on with my hands without a problem.

Just upgraded to 46... then 48... as I saw the "empty pedal feeling"comment ( which I was experiencing when starting pedaling). I feel the improvement: not sure whether it's 48 as I was on much older version. Liking the improvement.

That's great to hear! I have not yet upgraded but plan to do so. Do you know if you have the 22T or 24T rear cog?

Enviolo posted new firmware a couple weeks ago for Automatiq (version R48 -- I'm on R47). Did anyone here try the update? I have not because it's working great and I don't have time to tinker if something goes awry, but I probably will at some point.

Regarding changes, I don't believe the last bullet applies to Vado unless it's a low level behavior linked to assist mode (at least no reference in Enviolo app of "profiles").

The first bullet is a nice convenience, the second bullet sounds intriguing, but I haven't encountered those issues...although if this FW came out before I reduced belt tension and replaced 24T rear hub with 22T, I would have immediately updated the FW without first posting here 🙂

R48​

• The manual calibration process is now fully automatic and has moved to the background. There is no need to calibrate AUTOMATiQ anymore.
  • Improved shifting algorithm reduced unwanted behavior that sometimes could result in busy behavior, excessive noise, or empty pedal feeling.
  • Comfort, Eco, and Sport profiles are now unified into one profile that provides the best shifting experience in all conditions
I updated from R47 to R48 for the Enviolo Automatiq and I feel like I should have not done this. Now when I leave and drive a few meters I hear the Enviolo's motor and I have to pedal much faster a few times before I get back to the set cadence. I didn't have this before this update and I find it annoying and disturbing! but unfortunately back to R47 is not possible or perhaps only via the bicycle dealer!

I updated from R47 to R48 for the Enviolo Automatiq and I feel like I should have not done this. Now when I leave and drive a few meters I hear the Enviolo's motor and I have to pedal much faster a few times before I get back to the set cadence. I didn't have this before this update and I find it annoying and disturbing! but unfortunately back to R47 is not possible or perhaps only via the bicycle dealer!

I noticed the same thing. I think it's because the Enviolo now does automatic calibration, rather than the manual calibration that was previously used. The calibration didn't really bother me (actually I liked knowing it was occurring), but I want to say it's decreased in frequency.... I noticed it after I first updated the firmware, but I don't really notice it anymore. Maybe it's set its calibration and doesn't need to do it as frequently, or maybe I've just grown accustomed to it and don't notice it any more.

I noticed the same thing. I think it's because the Enviolo now does automatic calibration, rather than the manual calibration that was previously used. The calibration didn't really bother me (actually I liked knowing it was occurring), but I want to say it's decreased in frequency.... I noticed it after I first updated the firmware, but I don't really notice it anymore. Maybe it's set its calibration and doesn't need to do it as frequently, or maybe I've just grown accustomed to it and don't notice it any more.
It's been more than 2 weeks now and every time I leave it happens again, I think I have cycled more than 250 km since the update. I'm going to ask Enviolo anyway

That's no fun, bummer. Have either of you played with the starting cadence adjustment? I forgot the setting name in Enviolo app, but it's the one that lets you essentially start from a stop in a higher or lower gear through a slider adjustment.

Doing a full calibration every start (or whatever it's doing) seems unnecessary. Hopefully @xsp6000 can get Enviolo to fix it

hat's no fun, bummer. Have either of you played with the starting cadence adjustment? I forgot the setting name in Enviolo app, but it's the one that lets you essentially start from a stop in a higher or lower gear through a slider adjustment.

Doing a full calibration every start (or whatever it's doing) seems unnecessary.
I have set the slider via the app and when I leave it is perfect, but it happens every time I cycle a few meters. This was not the case with the R47 software, it is new since the update to R48. I just sent an email to Eviolo support with the question, I'm still waiting for an answer

Wow, does it do this once every time you power up the bike? Or even worse, every time you come to a full stop? Good catch, I hope they take care of it quickly!

Wow, does it do this once every time you power up the bike? Or even worse, every time you come to a full stop? Good catch, I hope they take care of it quickly!
It happens every time after the bike has been started! I reported it to Enviolo's support department and received the answer that the bicycle dealer can restore the older R47 version, but I did not receive any explanation or possible solution. I still have the same bike from my wife, but I am not going to update it!

Hi all, This summer got away from me so just circling back :) Just wanted to see if anyone has any updates on R48 firmware performance -- hopefully issues have worked themselves out!

Hi all, This summer got away from me so just circling back :) Just wanted to see if anyone has any updates on R48 firmware performance -- hopefully issues have worked themselves out!
I have the update R48, but every time I start an automatic calibration happens. I don't feel or notice any other improvements. I don't even like this and I had contacted Enviolo support and could only have it sent to the bicycle dealer via the bicycle dealer. old moves. In the meantime, this has not yet happened. I keep the R48 off on my wife's bike, she likes it the way it is now and has no problems.

That's too bad -- that a lot of effort to downgrade to the old firmware. Hopefully Enviolo realizes R48 was a step in the wrong direction and they fix in R49.

I don't even understand the value in doing a calibration so often... especially given low rate of calibration when it was a manual operation.

Just a thought along those lines -- my manual calibration with R47 was highly dependent on belt tension. If tension was too tight, gear range was limited (ie cadence ~100rpm for 25mph). But with lower belt tension I could pedal at <80rpm after calibration. So wondering if perhaps your belt tension is a bit too high, so it keeps recalibrating because it sees gear range is lower than expected?

Back