New Bike Day! 2021 Stance E 2 29er

Beautiful bike. I'm currently snowbound with travel/touring at a standstill but confident this Spring freedom rules. If I could do-over your bike would be at the top my list.

Beautiful bike. I'm currently snowbound with travel/touring at a standstill but confident this Spring freedom rules. If I could do-over your bike would be at the top my list.
Thanks! Loving it so far! Hope your weather gets better soon!

The Rail is a lot more bike and more $$ than the Giant. If your bike shop can't get a timeframe on the Trek, I'm sure you would enjoy the Giant.

Bosch vs. Yamaha etc... and there are positives and negatives for both. Lots of Yamaha fans here in the MTB threads.

Disclosure - I am a Giant Fathom E+1 Pro HT rider, but the Stance was given a lot of consideration. The MY21 Stance vs. The MY20, would have been given substantially more thought.

Good luck in your quest!

The Trance would probably be a better comparison and would be closer in cost too.

So many consumers get hung up on a number. Good for Giant. It is not about that number. Telling a customer something like that can only throw them off mark.

@DaveMatthews So it's been a month. How the Stance e+2 been treating you.
Well... I love it!
I really missed the full suspension, and this really fits the bill.
It rolls really well on pavement due to the nicer tires and 29" wheels compared to my Fathom.
Air suspension vs spring is lovely.
All components are holding up well with no issues so far. Waiting for better weather overall to get more miles in.
The only caveat might be water ingress on the front mount battery connection. I haven't experienced any issues but I'm thinking of pre-emptive measures such as a sleeve.
Great bike!

Update... today I went for a ride in a large park.
About 15kms into the ride the Stance shut off. OK... turned it back on and a few seconds later it turned off again.
Hmmm... I got off and reseated the battery. It did it again. So I did another battery reseat.
Did it again. It seemed as though it would stay running if I kept pedaling, but shut off if I quit pedaling. So... I headed back to the car and kept pedaling, no problem.
I racked it back up on the car and drove to the LBS. They are checking it out on Tuesday. We shall see.
While it's in the shop they'll convert the tires to tubeless.
Gotta say, this bike is awesome. Very comfy ride and a pleasure for sure. Hopefully they'll find the issue quickly.

Update #2
Went to LBS to pick up the Stance. Shim installed and tubeless conversion done.
Test ride in parking lot and it shut down again, twice.
Back in the store they replaced the Ride One controller. Shut down again.
I left the bike there so that they can go over it with the Giant Mothership.
We shall see...

Update #3
They replaced the wiring harness on the recommendation of Giant.
Bad news... the wiring harness did not fix the sudden off.
Good news... they got a new Stance E in this morning and are giving that to me! Yay!
They'll put my wheels and pedals on it and I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Gotta like that!
Appropriate decision.
What he heck is going on at Giant?

Not sure. You've had no issues that I've read about, so perhaps a batch issue?
Perhaps - mines a 2020 Fathom with a Pro motor and the 500 Wh battery.
No issues - and yes, that sound you hear is me knocking on wood...

Art's is 2021 with Pro motor and 625 battery. (Trance)
Louis' is a 2021 with Pro motor and 625 battery. (Explore)
Yours is a 2021 with Sport motor and 500 battery. (Stance)

All 3 of you have MY21 - and 2 have the same motor and battery and unfortunately what appears to be the same problem..
I think you all have different controllers - so what else is there?

Maybe you guys have the Tuesday build bikes (or their Taiwanese equivalent).
Car salesmen always said you didn't want the car built on a Friday - especially before a long weekend...

Perhaps - mines a 2020 Fathom with a Pro motor and the 500 Wh battery.
No issues - and yes, that sound you hear is me knocking on wood...

Art's is 2021 with Pro motor and 625 battery. (Trance)
Louis' is a 2021 with Pro motor and 625 battery. (Explore)
Yours is a 2021 with Sport motor and 500 battery. (Stance)

All 3 of you have MY21 - and 2 have the same motor and battery and unfortunately what appears to be the same problem..
I think you all have different controllers - so what else is there?

Maybe you guys have the Tuesday build bikes (or their Taiwanese equivalent).
Car salesmen always said you didn't want the car built on a Friday - especially before a long weekend...
Lol!
Funny thing is I found a subject on the matter at another forum, and it was in a 2019 Trance!.
So, to me there's more of a correlation to moving the battery to the front of the downtube. But what do I know, it's just a guess.

My battery is at the front too on my 2020.

It would be interesting to see if they put your old battery in your new Stance (and vice versa) and took both for a ride.
See which bike failed - follow the fault. An accepted methodology for chasing intermittent electronic faults.

However, unless the LBS could get extra compensation from Giant for their extended troubleshooting labour, they've no real impetus to do so.
Warranty the bike and move on is likely the plan.

My battery is at the front too on my 2020.

It would be interesting to see if they put your old battery in your new Stance (and vice versa) and took both for a ride.
See which bike failed - follow the fault. An accepted methodology for chasing intermittent electronic faults.

However, unless the LBS could get extra compensation from Giant for their extended troubleshooting labour, they've no real impetus to do so.
Warranty the bike and move on is likely the plan.
Yeah, I was wondering about the battery as well. I'll find out today. It's a corporate store, so I'm guessing all the parts and labour are internal costs to Giant.

Back