New Bike Day! 2021 Stance E 2 29er

DaveMatthews

So I updated the app on my phone, and it turned my Fathom into this! 🤣

2021 Giant Stance E 2
Couldn't resist. These are like hen's teeth these days, and this was the last one! Had to pounce on it.
29" wheels are awesome. Rear shock is plush, love it! Air suspension front and rear.

Went for a quick 8K ride and took every bump possible, jumped numerous curbs. This bike is fantastic.
Yes, the components would be considered mid grade, but dayum, it rides very nicely!

I'm glad with your purchase, @DaveMatthews! Congratulations!
By the way, @Ron from BC was interested in wireless ANT+ connectivity (he has been considering the new Trance E+ X, which is not that different electronically). Any experience with that, Dave?

I'm glad with your purchase, @DaveMatthews! Congratulations!
By the way, @Ron from BC was interested in wireless ANT+ connectivity (he has been considering the new Trance E+ X, which is not that different electronically). Any experience with that, Dave?
Hey Stefan,
Funny you should mention Ron. We had a good chat on the phone yesterday!
My 2019 Fathom only has the BT connectivity, and ANT+ was introduced in 2020.
So it is an adventure I have yet to experience, as I just got the new bike yesterday.
That being said I am interested in it just as Ron is, so we'll see how it goes soon.

Time to start accessories shopping again!
A dropper would be a nice add, unless you had them install one already.

Are you keeping the the Fathom for an urban errand/shopping machine?

Time to start accessories shopping again!
A dropper would be a nice add, unless you had them install one already.

Are you keeping the the Fathom for an urban errand/shopping machine?
First thing I need is a shock pump!
Am considering a dropper, but will ride for a while before deciding.
Will sell the Fathom closer to spring. This Stance is an all-rounder IMHO, but again I'll ride it for a while first.

Definitely a really nice bike, but it’s odd that they don’t list a weight.... They could at least list the weight of a medium sized frame with mid-level components for a reference.

79B143CE-4717-4075-AE22-76DE184854C7.jpeg

Definitely a really nice bike, but it’s odd that they don’t list a weight.... They could at least list the weight of a medium sized frame with mid-level components for a reference.
The weight is given on my Trance E+ on yet another of many stickers 😊 I wonder if Dave had read all of them at all 😂

Back