New BAFANG ULTRA 1500W MID DRIVE Cheetah

Mr Miyagi

Region
USA
City
OC SoCal
Hello fellow cruisers,
Have any of you seen or ridden the new Mid Drive Cheetah yet? I see it is equipped with smooth road tires and upside-down front forks as well. 1500W should be loads of fun...

CHEETAH VINTAGE CAFE RACER BAFANG ULTRA 1500W MID DRIVE 48V17.5AH 26x4" TIRE 9SP
Looks like it maybe time to upgrade...

Attachments

• s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 883
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 793
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 693
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 883
I see their going for US $3,995.00 and they weigh 100 lbs (45 KG).
So far I'm super happy with the stock 750 WATTS 48V17.5AH BATTERY Cheetah
drive train and it'll go fast enough that I have to wait for most of my riding partners
but it is nice to see advancements being made to this great looking cruiser.

drive train and it'll go fast enough that I have to wait for most of my riding partners
I think for that type of bike, hub drive might be the better choice.

I don’t know what to do. 3995$ plus 500$ shipping =4500$......You get 1000 watt Bafang mid drive ,torque sensor, 9 speed trigger shift, 203 rotors front & back,front suspension forks,fenders rack and paniers, mirrors two sets of tires road mounted and dirt unmounted.17.6ah battery, 40 mph
Seems like a well equipped Cheetah
They also sell a 750 watt hub with front suspension, fenders etc. For 3500$
I ´m going to buy a Cheetah from somewhere someone soon
Cheers

So, Mid Drives suffer from excessive drive train wear?
Not so much if one rides sensibly and uses the gears. Given the high wattage motors if people use the throttle a lot ( especially in inappropriate gears ) and take off from stop in too high a gear ... etc ... they will get excessive drivetrain wear or even break a chain.

I just purchased the mid motor, 1500 watt from Green Power Cycling. Special thanks to Vas from GPC for all is help and insight. I purchased their tested demo model since new stock would not be arriving till the end of the year. Some of the upgrades included Magura MT5E brakes and calipers, tannus armor, and 50T cog. This bike is amazing and well built for the price. My previous ebike was a eMTB that was 2000W that I burned the controller/motor on. I also put on a suspension seat post which has made the ride even better! To me the front fork suspension is a worthwhile upgrade compared to the standard Revibike version. This morning I took it up to 37 MPH on flat ground, it was a blast to ride.

Attachments

• Cafe Racer.jpg
    Cafe Racer.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Cafe Racer 2.jpg
    Cafe Racer 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 898
Last edited:
I just purchased the mid motor, 1500 watt from Green Power Bicycles. Special thanks to Vas from GPB. I purchased their tested demo model since new stock would not be arriving till the end of the year. Some of the upgrades included Magura MT5E brakes and calipers, tannus armor, and 50T cog. This bike is amazing and well built for the price. My previous ebike was a eMTB that was 2000W that I burned the controller/motor on. I also put on a suspension seat post which has made the ride even better! To me the front fork suspension is a worthwhile upgrade compared to the standard Revibike version. This morning I took it up to 37 MPH on flat ground, it was a blast to ride.

View attachment 83031
You know .... this is about as far from my kind of bike as far can get ... But I have to admit for a cruiser that is one cool machine. 👍 👍👍

I just purchased the mid motor, 1500 watt from Green Power Cycling. Special thanks to Vas from GPC for all is help and insight. I purchased their tested demo model since new stock would not be arriving till the end of the year. Some of the upgrades included Magura MT5E brakes and calipers, tannus armor, and 50T cog. This bike is amazing and well built for the price. My previous ebike was a eMTB that was 2000W that I burned the controller/motor on. I also put on a suspension seat post which has made the ride even better! To me the front fork suspension is a worthwhile upgrade compared to the standard Revibike version. This morning I took it up to 37 MPH on flat ground, it was a blast to ride.
Congratulations on your beautiful new bike, I also bought one from GPC the 750 watt hub version. You make a comment regarding the front suspension,have you ridden a standard Cheetah?
My suspension fork Cheetah is very comfortable but I have never had a comparison ride yet.

A question for those of you Cheetah/Wicked owners who live in hill country: Can the 750w hub drive manage an 8 mile each way commute with 1000 feet of vertical climbing on some fairly steep dirt roads? Or should I wait for the mid-drive version to come out? (Yes, I understand the can-of-worms debates on hub vs mid.) Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely and should get one of the 2000w dirt machines? I live in the heart of the Green Mountains, where every direction is uphill ;)

A question for those of you Cheetah/Wicked owners who live in hill country: Can the 750w hub drive manage an 8 mile each way commute with 1000 feet of vertical climbing on some fairly steep dirt roads? Or should I wait for the mid-drive version to come out? (Yes, I understand the can-of-worms debates on hub vs mid.) Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely and should get one of the 2000w dirt machines? I live in the heart of the Green Mountains, where every direction is uphill ;)
I live in hill country a few miles north of you in Quebec. I pedal my 750 hub motor bike and I shift gears all the time so that I always have some resistance on the pedals and I am always assisting the motor. My answer is yes no problem on hills if you ride like me otherwise the mid-drive is a better climber but you also will constantly be shifting otherwise you will rapidly wear the drive train and chain

Beautiful! Good luck!

On a side note... I'd loss the knobbies first spare fun tickets you get.

I live in hill country a few miles north of you in Quebec. I pedal my 750 hub motor bike and I shift gears all the time so that I always have some resistance on the pedals and I am always assisting the motor. My answer is yes no problem on hills if you ride like me otherwise the mid-drive is a better climber but you also will constantly be shifting otherwise you will rapidly wear the drive train and chain
Thanks. Yes, I make good use of gears!

Back