New BAFANG ULTRA 1500W MID DRIVE Cheetah

Hello fellow cruisers,
Have any of you seen or ridden the new Mid Drive Cheetah yet? I see it is equipped with smooth road tires and upside-down front forks as well. 1500W should be loads of fun...

CHEETAH VINTAGE CAFE RACER BAFANG ULTRA 1500W MID DRIVE 48V17.5AH 26x4" TIRE 9SP
Looks like it maybe time to upgrade...
Curious---what class does this bike fall under? Is there such a thing as class 4?

Curious---what class does this bike fall under? Is there such a thing as class 4?
Definitely - Class 4 is the category mine fits.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.jpeg
    IMG_0985.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 301
Definitely - Class 4 is the category mine fits.
That is great! There is no class 4. That means it needs a motorcycle license plate and insurance, and can only be ridden on your ranch or in motor vehicle lanes, never parks, bike paths or bike lanes. Class-2 bikes have throttles. They are limited to 20Mph and 750W. They are not allowed in many places such as parks and trails.
The reason mid-drive bikes load the drivetrain is because they are more efficient and can do more work. A pro rider can produce 300W on a climb. Bike parts, cassettes and chains are designed with this in mind. In my area there is a push to ban all throttle bikes from bike lanes and paths, unless you display a Disabled Placard. Such as a Veteran with one leg.

Attachments

• IMG_9306.jpg
    IMG_9306.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_9311.jpg
    IMG_9311.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 274
  • UnionJack09.JPG
    UnionJack09.JPG
    541.4 KB · Views: 274
I just purchased the mid motor, 1500 watt from Green Power Cycling. Special thanks to Vas from GPC for all is help and insight. I purchased their tested demo model since new stock would not be arriving till the end
Cool bike! I can’t find GPC online. Is this a one-off bike? Is there a source to buy one?
Semi related question: what’s the rear hub size (OLD/dropout spacing) on the Cheetah?

they are called “ Green Power Cycling
Comes right up from Google. There are 2 or 3 companies that buy the Cheetah from Revi but they are free to spec” the bike as they wish, my GPC Cheetah is a 750 watt hub motor bike that comes with a 9 speed trigger shifter and front suspension and 203 mm rotors front and rear plus an electric horn and rear lights plus even more goodies. Wicked Thumb sells the same Cheetah with front suspension and custom colors.GPC also sell a performance model with mid drive motor and upgraded brakes and the 9 speed with 203 mm rotors.
Revi .... least well equipped
Wicked Thumb..... better equipped
GPC...... best equipped
Cheers

they are called “ Green Power Cycling
Comes right up from Google. There are 2 or 3 companies that buy the Cheetah from Revi but they are free to spec” the bike as they wish, my GPC Cheetah is a 750 watt hub motor bike that comes with a 9 speed trigger shifter and front suspension and 203 mm rotors front and rear plus an electric horn and rear lights plus even more goodies. Wicked Thumb sells the same Cheetah with front suspension and custom colors.GPC also sell a performance model with mid drive motor and upgraded brakes and the 9 speed with 203 mm rotors.
Revi .... least well equipped
Wicked Thumb..... better equipped
GPC...... best equipped
Cheers
Thanks! Found them. I’m searching from outside the US so they didn’t show up on the first try. Gotta love proxy servers.

You know .... this is about as far from my kind of bike as far can get ... But I have to admit for a cruiser that is one cool machine. 👍 👍👍
Thank you!

Congratulations on your beautiful new bike, I also bought one from GPC the 750 watt hub version. You make a comment regarding the front suspension,have you ridden a standard Cheetah?
My suspension fork Cheetah is very comfortable but I have never had a comparison ride yet.
Yes it makes a difference in my opinion. I have another Revi ebike with no suspension, and it is not as smooth as mine. But I have not had a chance to ride a standard Cheetah.

Wow. They aren’t shipping these until November-December 21 and any upgrades Jan 22!
Yes, that's what the owner Vas told me. That's why I opted to purchase their demo bike with upgrades. BTW, the Megura MT5 brakes are a worthwhile upgrade to those of you wanting to upgrade your calipers. They stop this thing so quickly! Best brakes I've experienced on a bike so far.

If you check the specs, the bikes on Alibaba are all hub drive. The one in the video is mid drive. If you find those on Ali, let me know!

Back