New Atlas purchase and Atlas add-ons?

farnorth1

Hi all, this is my first post. Recently purchase a Atlas with a possible August delivery.
--I remember reading somewhere while I was researching a post (it may not have been on this forum) of a Atlas owner who listed out the many mods he'd done on the Atlas. It was a long list and a nice reference for possibilities.
Anybody know of such a post? --The list of items was long and specific. Thanks!

I haven't been on these forums long enough to have seen the post you referenced. But I can advise you to not buy a throttle or other electrical accessory from Evelo. I bought the $35 throttle for my Atlas, only to realize it's a $5 part everywhere online. Evelo bikes use an electrical system called Canbus which makes the connectors, cables, and other things along these lines standardized. For example, the Evelo rack was on backorder when I got my bike. So, I bought a cheap aftermarket one to use in the meantime. That obscured the brake light. I found a $10 cable on Amazon that extended it - easy! Now that I have the Evelo rack (not sure it was worth $150) that came with its own brake light, I plan to buy a Y cable so I can use the original one mounted higher up.

I can also advise you to consider an aftermarket seat, mirror, bell, etc. Cheers.

I haven't been on these forums long enough to have seen the post you referenced. But I can advise you to not buy a throttle or other electrical accessory from Evelo. I bought the $35 throttle for my Atlas, only to realize it's a $5 part everywhere online. Evelo bikes use an electrical system called Canbus which makes the connectors, cables, and other things along these lines standardized. For example, the Evelo rack was on backorder when I got my bike. So, I bought a cheap aftermarket one to use in the meantime. That obscured the brake light. I found a $10 cable on Amazon that extended it - easy! Now that I have the Evelo rack (not sure it was worth $150) that came with its own brake light, I plan to buy a Y cable so I can use the original one mounted higher up.

I can also advise you to consider an aftermarket seat, mirror, bell, etc. Cheers.
Thanks for the reply.

I took delivery of an Atlas a couple of weeks ago. I swapped out the swept bar with a carbon fiber straight bar, replaced the pedals with titanium ones, added some bags for storage along with a mirror, bell, air horn and a stem mounted double water bottle mount. I also replaced the saddle with the one I had from my previous bike as I found it to be very comfortable for the kind of riding I do.

I did purchase the Evelo throttle, knowing full well that it was just a generic one that could be had for less. However, given the long warranty they offer, I felt it prudent to just get the one they sell, just so that if there are any issues down the road, they couldn't blame it on something that didn't come from them.

Let me know if you want the specific brands of any of the accessories, but most of it is relatively cheap stuff from Amazon.

Attachments

• 20230809_110011.jpg
    20230809_110011.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 20230809_110020.jpg
    20230809_110020.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 20230809_110029.jpg
    20230809_110029.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20230809_110048.jpg
    20230809_110048.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 133
Nice - excellent use of space with that bag between the top tube & seat tube.
I'm curious about the air horn. Does it double as an alarm? Is it effective at getting attention from pedestrians & drivers?

Nice - excellent use of space with that bag between the top tube & seat tube.
I'm curious about the air horn. Does it double as an alarm? Is it effective at getting attention from pedestrians & drivers?
This is the air horn I use: https://a.co/d/cOlvcTI

It is loud enough to get the attention of pedestrians and cars. In fact, it is the only thing I have found that will consistently get the attention of someone behind the wheel. However, it does not double as an alarm.

For pedestrians, I find this bell to be very effective (loud) as the air horn can be very startling for people on foot...unless they are wearing headphones.

This is the air horn I use: https://a.co/d/cOlvcTI

It is loud enough to get the attention of pedestrians and cars. In fact, it is the only thing I have found that will consistently get the attention of someone behind the wheel. However, it does not double as an alarm.

For pedestrians, I find this bell to be very effective (loud) as the air horn can be very startling for people on foot...unless they are wearing headphones.
Thanks. That is the exact bell I have installed on my Atlas. It does work well!

I took delivery of an Atlas a couple of weeks ago. I swapped out the swept bar with a carbon fiber straight bar, replaced the pedals with titanium ones, added some bags for storage along with a mirror, bell, air horn and a stem mounted double water bottle mount. I also replaced the saddle with the one I had from my previous bike as I found it to be very comfortable for the kind of riding I do.

I did purchase the Evelo throttle, knowing full well that it was just a generic one that could be had for less. However, given the long warranty they offer, I felt it prudent to just get the one they sell, just so that if there are any issues down the road, they couldn't blame it on something that didn't come from them.

Let me know if you want the specific brands of any of the accessories, but most of it is relatively cheap stuff from Amazon.
I'm curious about that mirror on the end of your left handlebar. What's its name and where is it available?

This is the one in the photo: https://a.co/d/32lEAty

However, I found I got too much vibration due to all the articulation it has. I ended up replacing it with this one, which I prefer: https://a.co/d/3Km4qVg
Thanks for that info. I like your second choice too. But in studying both mirrors it looks like they need a straight handlebar to cover their adjustment range. I just got an Evelo Omega and the handholds are pointed back a ways and it looks like the mirrors wouldn't have sufficient adjustment range to see behind me with their mounting brackets. I'll just have to keep searching for a setup that has the nice large mirrors and will still work on the bar end of my handlebars. I do have a bar end mirror that I bought from Evelo when I ordered the bike but I'd like to find a larger mirror.

Ed

Back