Nevo GH Vario 2019 - which rear bag to choose for MiK system?

Ekkamai

Hello fellow Riese Muller owners!

I need to buy a rear bag for my Nevo, I see it has MiK system. Which rear bags are you using that fits with MiK or which one would you recommend?

For my Nevo with a MIK rack I converted a Racktime basket and an old Ortlieb Trunk bag to the MIK system. The hole pattern is identical to Racktime. You can buy the bag adapter from Propel. Basil does make nice trunk bags with the MIK adapter.

Last edited:
For my Nevo with a MIK rack I converted a Racktime basket and an old Ortlieb Trunk bag to the MIK system. The hole pattern is identical to Racktime. You can buy the bag adapter from Propel. Basil does make nice trunk bags with the MIK adapter.
I've got a big thermal bag that I'd love to mount on my Nevo's rack. Think I could attach the MIK adapter to it just by making 4 small holes in the bottom of the bag?

I've got a big thermal bag that I'd love to mount on my Nevo's rack. Think I could attach the MIK adapter to it just by making 4 small holes in the bottom of the bag?
Absolutely, the adapter is quite nice and has a clever lock system.

What about Topeak bags? Can they be attached using MiK adapter?
What about Topeak bags? Can they be attached using MiK adapter?
Topeak seems to have a sliding track system and I don’t know their attachment hole pattern. The MIK/Racktime hole pattern is 10cmx19cm. Vaude makes a nice trunk bag with a Racktime mount that could easily be converted to MIK or you can buy a Velcro attached bag and install the MIK adapter.

I checked my Nevo's trunk and noticed that I should also buy a carrier plate, right? It doesn't have the profile for the adapter to click into, as seen here -

@Dionigi, you have a Nevo, did you have to buy a carrier plate as well?

I checked my Nevo's trunk and noticed that I should also buy a carrier plate, right? It doesn't have the profile for the adapter to click into, as seen here -

@Dionigi, you have a Nevo, did you have to buy a carrier plate as well?
A carrier plate is not needed if you have the MIK rack on your Nevo. At the end of the video the adapted panniers are mounted directly to a MIK rack. Check to see if you Nevo rack has MIK engraved. If it is not MIK then it would have engraved Racktime.

It has MIK engraved. You sure it will fit without the carrier plate?

Just a little worried, cause the trunk in the video also has some grooves and the lady seems to attach the bag by pushing it into those grooves, I might be wrong...

Attachments

• IMG_5370.JPG
    IMG_5370.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,492
Back