Need more umph and a mis drive step through that can do trails and pavement

Tlorusso

Hi everyone just joined. I have had a Beluga from Qualisports for about 2 years, 350, hub. I had 2 strokes a year ago and am struggling lifting my leg over the bar. I also live on top of a small mountain, so everywhere I go is all hills, and getting back home I need to climb about 800 feet. I have decided on a mid drive step through but want one with a ton of power and torque. So far the Dost step through seems to tick most of the boxes except not being a good trail bike or possibly the Aurora from evelo mid drive but their components do not seem as good and the reviews here are not stellar. Looked at the rad mini but it does not have a mid drive. Problem is I am 5 foot even and shrinking, and both are rated for 5'2". Anyone know of any other options? Looking for a 750 motor, 100 torque that can do both trails and street.

Really appreciate your help

Take a look at the Stunner X by Biktrix. It has most of what you listed you want plus one of the best for customer service according to reviewers on here. I also wouldn't dismiss the Evelo Auora Limited so quickly. I have read everything I can find about that model and mostly positive remarks about that newer version plus the gates belt and drive that very few have. They also get some of the best remarks by owners for their outstanding customer service and 4 year 20,000 mile warranty. Good luck in your search and this site is a great place to get ideas.

My wife absolutely loves the M600 motor with its 120Nm of torque on her FLX roadster (which she 'stole' from me after her first ride on it ;) ), and FLX has a step-thru model (although I don't know about its availability right now):

https://flx.bike/collections/bikes/products/step-through

We've had an excellent experience with both of the FLX bikes we have.

And for a bit more power, she will be getting a Juiced HyperScorpion when they start shipping. Should tackle any hill, and more!

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperscorpion

Take a look at the Stunner X by Biktrix. It has most of what you listed you want plus one of the best for customer service according to reviewers on here. I also wouldn't dismiss the Evelo Auora Limited so quickly. I have read everything I can find about that model and mostly positive remarks about that newer version plus the gates belt and drive that very few have. They also get some of the best remarks by owners for their outstanding customer service and 4 year 20,000 mile warranty. Good luck in your search and this site is a great place to get ideas.
Thanks I like that you can customize thos, when you do comes up to the 3200 price of the others. Not sure that step through is low enough. Where I am hardly anyone sells ebikes, will have to call them and ask as I do not see the min height l

My wife absolutely loves the M600 motor with its 120Nm of torque on her FLX roadster (which she 'stole' from me after her first ride on it ;) ), and FLX has a step-thru model (although I don't know about its availability right now):

https://flx.bike/collections/bikes/products/step-through

We've had an excellent experience with both of the FLX bikes we have.

And for a bit more power, she will be getting a Juiced HyperScorpion when they start shipping. Should tackle any hill, and more!

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/hyperscorpion
I like that you can get a routing with some of the specs of the others, how does it take the hills? I think the scorpian is too much for me and at 100 pounds I would not be able to take it anywhere! Let me know if she wants to sell the FLX when you get that :)

Reactions: TMH
No, you would have to pry that Roadster from her hands - It is her favorite road bike. We ride clipped in, her on the Roadster and me on my Vado, when we are running fast on our local sprint loop. Both are Class 3.

The Roadster with that M600 motor takes the hills very well. In fact we both almost feel a little guilty having e-bikes, and not getting 'enough' exercise, so we ride in lower levels of assist. She is normally in level 2, and sometimes she pops it into level 3 in headwinds, on a day where she is feeling a little off, or if she needs to catch up to me. She may have occasionally used level 4, and I think that level 5 has been unused so far. That bike/motor combination is certainly not lacking for power on hills!

I like that you can get a routing with some of the specs of the others, how does it take the hills? I think the scorpian is too much for me and at 100 pounds I would not be able to take it anywhere! Let me know if she wants to sell the FLX when you get that :)

She has the Roadster model which is not a step thru so may not fit you. But like he mentioned the have a step thru model that might work.

Thanks I like that you can customize thos, when you do comes up to the 3200 price of the others. Not sure that step through is low enough. Where I am hardly anyone sells ebikes, will have to call them and ask as I do not see the min height l
The Stubner X was nice and seemed to have good components but unfortunately the stand over height andnliwest seat level does not look like it will accommodate me. I verified with their customer service. Thanks for the suggestion though it is a nice bike

Back