My UC Pro has arrived

Snow and freezing conditions in Canada.....who would have thought....
Actually, I live on Vancouver Island, located off the west coast of the province of British Columbia and our winters are (by Canadian standards) quite mild. I can usually ride year-round, but we're in a bit of a cold spell.
I have all the cold weather gear: balaclava, heated gloves, heated socks, etc., but the roads can be icy in places, so I'm postponing my 'test out the 48t chain ring' until the weather improves.

I can't wait to try out the new, larger chainring. If I get really energetic I may even strap on my Go Pro chest mount and take some videos.

except that any mcclaren would smoke that 11.9 second cobra (nearly everything in the last 20 years is <11 seconds, and some way less) while being perfectly street legal and not belching a ton of s*it into the air.... perhaps he just didn't feel like entertaining you on public streets.
No doubt. Actually (C&D says) the Mc' does sub 8 to mid 9 quarters. WHEW !!!🚀
The tech is unreal and I hear it's a really great 'track car'. But actually, the 720S was unable set any lap records at Neuremburg Fastest Track Times Nuremburg , nor is it nearly as fast as the track's top dogs, the Porsche 911 GT2 RS and Lamborghini Huracán Performante. In fact, it's 16 seconds slower than its Lamborghini counterpart, and 28 seconds slower than the fastest road-legal car at the Nordschleife, a modified 911 GT2 RS.
Straight line/ esp rolling, 720S is a Rocket-ship, ripping to it's 212 mph top end, the e-shifting keeps total power right on the powerband margin, click, into the next short range, etc, etc. I'm slightly slower manually 😴. For Daddy/ Mom big improvement.
I'm sure it's further 'reduced driver experience' mechanical theme, aside idiot-proof robotic shifting - the pursuit of the mundane n' all. 'Self driving'; blue nipples that drop from the roof to nurse the baby while modern dad takes a nap; The panoramic, full Windshield Display with white noise insulation.
I'm grateful, we belchers setting standards for performance.
There's no sound on earth like an even-fire Lambo V12. The cackling scream imprints on one's memory and you're ruined.
Could you see things if we'd a stopped at horses💩? Maybe in a "Segway" alternate universe🙃? No CO2, hey what a relief😥🥱.
Sounded good for Norway. Sheet, they're snowed in 75% of the year. Great idea for Alaska.
-
Observing this McLaren's driver, the 'deer in the headlights' look (I was 5' away), my impression was : he's leased this beast (It's advertised here @ $1999.00 Mo), was terrified at risking accidentally tapping the accelerator (again) and didn't have a clue how to enjoy it.
You, in XYV-Ville or wherever might 'see' it different (Elephant trunk feels like a snake, etc).
But then, perhaps it was stolen; perhaps he though the bundled up bike guy that pulled up, raised the Mirrored Vuarnets, lowered his gaiter with eyes smiling, twirling his gloved finger was a sinister 👿lunatic gonna jack him; perhaps he was a captive of Lizard People from Uranus and perhaps worshipers made the "AI speed-shifting" transcendent, it became a god and will change mankind - ala a Colin Wilson novel.
But it seemed perhaps, him having to come to a near stop for the most minor of city street dips (on Broadway; in dry, flat San Diego) indicated "Street legal" not "street able", or perhaps mommy said 'now don't show off son - remember you rolled the Rolls in a ditch (on a 15mph curve) and 'wimp syndrome' was an underlying cause.
Hey, I'm out of ideas?
-
Where I live: We have a number of supercar (Aventador + class) and demi-supercar (V10 Lambo - Porsche TC's - even BMW test machines) owners that daily traverse Downtown. High flyers that know what they like, buy it and use it, but commute.
Demi-dogs put on the best sound-show (Yellow V10 Lambo was bangin, Best Sound Award 2020') , but I've seen an Aventador bust a move and a blindingly fast GT2 let go, doing the 1/4 mile WOT, then melding, 100yds later into fwy traffic on a certain freeway onramp - quite safely I might add (cept' that damn GT2 smoked the whole area going sideways - but rumors are it's Rancho Santa Fe owner cranks dynoed 900HP).
-
Courtesy of us belchers, You can be a Good Boy, do a penance and literally recover 20 x of our unrepentant polluter's souls effects by offseting the CO2 we've created.
Simply do you you part, stop eating all meat and eliminate one Cow fart/ Chicken poop-degassing CO2 bomb at a time. Now that's an opportunity - or be another knowingly aware, 20 x CO2 contributor, hypocritically waving banners, changing nothing inconvenient for a McDonalds reality and unlike we who innocently got this problem rolling, you perpetuating it.
Lead by example. I'm right behind you. Why I sold my car for my e-bikes, to help the support the local clown fund.
I need the exercise and it's hilarious. I see the lazy, weak link.
Same as it ever was.

Happy Holidays - you eatin' tofu-turkey n' all.

Fn'F n

20210522_121206.jpg

Ol' Musky needs to get the stick out of his butt about LiDAR before I consider a Tesla - the man needs to listen to his engineers & every Autopilot fatality would have been avoided with it! Not that I'd use Autopilot, but I've been in a position where experts were ignored when telling higher-ups what they want isn't feasible and it's not fun when they don't listen - not confidence-inspiring either. I'm hopething the F150-L is good and they come out with a 400mi battery & increase production so the wait times aren't so long. The Rivian is more than I want to spend for the package I want but I really want something with good enough range, ground clearance, and some hauling capacity. Some reviews said the Rivian can be weird offroad so I just need to bide my time and hope ship times come down (or learn to be more patient, but screw that!)

@Fast n' Furious I worked for a guy who had an F10 M5, he had it straight-piped because 'his guy' told him it would sound so sick (same guy who got him to 5% tint his Ranger Rover on top of factory rear tint & do 50% on the windshield - thing got $700 tickets like every week). It sounded so sad when re revved it up, like some cartoon dragon rasping for air - it had no guts or rumble! One of the guys had a dented up Cutlass Supreme with an LT1 in it and it sounded 1000 times better, you couldn't even hear the M5 next to it. So strange that removing the mufflers and cat made the car sound worse.

As far as ebikes go though... the 29x3 tubed Tannus armor was more around 360g - of course other sizes will be different. Really on an ebike I don't think it's going to be as much of a difference though the rotating mass further out from the axle is definitely gonna be the worst of all weights. With carbon rims I decided I needed rim protectors, and the Revoloop/Aerothan/Tubo type tubes are lighter than the amount of tubeless sealant needed. Butyl tubes were over 300g each but a fraction of the price of the TPU tubes

@Deacon Blues what heated gloves do you use and how do the bike controls feel wearing them? We're due snow this weekend in town which usually happens only once a year in Jan-Feb! I've got all the other cold weather gear for playing in the snow down but I think I'm going to search out a good set of pogies since I like how it feels with no glove much more.

Courtesy of us belchers, You can be a Good Boy, do a penance and literally recover 20 x of our unrepentant polluter's souls effects by offseting the CO2 we've created.
Simply do you you part, stop eating all meat and eliminate one Cow fart/ Chicken poop-degassing CO2 bomb at a time. Now that's an opportunity - or be another knowingly aware, 20 x CO2 contributor, hypocritically waving banners, changing nothing inconvenient for a McDonalds reality and unlike we who innocently got this problem rolling, you perpetuating it.
Lead by example. I'm right behind you. Why I sold my car for my e-bikes, to help the support the local clown fund.
I need the exercise and it's hilarious. I see the lazy, weak link.
Same as it ever was.

i can't believe i read all that 🧐 but i did! if it makes you feel better, i've been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, for exactly the reasons you cite. my wife and kids are as well. and eBikes are also a great way to reduce one's carbon footprint, if used in lieu of a car... i'll admit that much of my biking is entirely recreational, which is just causing more calories to be consume and food to be grown lol. not zero impact, but fairly low. 😇

and now, back to your non-mclaren non-carbon footprint UC pro programming!

loamoaf, I got my heated gloves off of Amazon. The brand name is Savior, but there are many other brands and they all seem to be very similar.
The gloves are on the bulky side, but I don't have any difficulty shifting gears or braking. Also no problem using the Archer wireless shifter buttons on my Cannondale Lefty 3.

I bought a pair of Pogies for my wife's bike and she likes them. She has a pair of thin 'liner' heated gloves and finds they work great in combo with her Pogies.

i can't believe i read all that 🧐 but i did! if it makes you feel better, i've been a vegetarian for more than 20 years, for exactly the reasons you cite. my wife and kids are as well. and eBikes are also a great way to reduce one's carbon footprint, if used in lieu of a car... i'll admit that much of my biking is entirely recreational, which is just causing more calories to be consume and food to be grown lol. not zero impact, but fairly low. 😇

and now, back to your non-mclaren non-carbon footprint UC pro programming!
Nor I you bothered 👏. Thank you for your family's sacrifice 👍.
Happy Holidays !!!
... and now back to Deacon Blues' "My UC pro has arrived"✌️.

The weather co-operated and I finally got a chance to go for a ride to try out my new 48t front chainring.
The bad news is the chain now skips in the 1st and 2nd cog (only skipped in the 1st cog with a 42t ring). The not-so-bad-news is the larger front ring allows me to cruise a little faster than before, even though I can't go below the 3rd cog.
I can now maintain 22mph at a reasonable cadence.
It will have to do for now, as I don't feel like putting anymore money into this bike.

I recently re-installed the throttle and while on the ride I thought I'd bump the power level up to 6 or 7 and see how fast I could go-throttle only.
Surprising, the bike won't go past level 5. Levels 6 to 10 are missing. I didn't realize it until today.
Anyone else ever have this problem?

It is not a problem you have to get into your display and go to the advanced settings and insert the password 1919 and change it from 5 levels of assist to 9. However if you are in the 5 level you already are getting the most out of it. Going to the 9 function just spreads out the assist level % more.

The weather co-operated and I finally got a chance to go for a ride to try out my new 48t front chainring.
The bad news is the chain now skips in the 1st and 2nd cog (only skipped in the 1st cog with a 42t ring). The not-so-bad-news is the larger front ring allows me to cruise a little faster than before, even though I can't go below the 3rd cog.
It will have to do for now, as I don't feel like putting anymore money into this bike.

I recently re-installed the throttle and while on the ride I thought I'd bump the power level up to 6 or 7 and see how fast I could go-throttle only.
Surprising, the bike won't go past level 5. Levels 6 to 10 are missing. I didn't realize it until today.
Hold the + button to enter sport mode. This is PAS 6-10. Throttle should be the same across all assist levels as delivered by WW. Be very careful starting pedalling uphill in sport mode! I may have been thrown off in the blink of an eye...
I went back through your thread and saw that you have a different display than most of us, so I don't know...

Last edited:
As you mentioned, I have a different display and it doesn't have a sport mode. I plan on emailing Pushkar to find out what's going on with my power levels.

Rome, I'd like to keep this thread on track with discussions about the UC Pro model.

Can you take your comments about your dealings with Watt Wagons to another thread, or start a new one.

Thanks
Ron

Christini say's their "Bafang Ultra Mid Drive Boost Chainring Adapter" is "18mm distance from base to inside of chainring."

Great tip, that Ritchey 4-axis.
The KINEKT (once dialed in) is really nice, the difference is huge, but it's heavy. Their carbon tube provides little relief.
As I've said, I have spare spring sizes if someone needs them - ping me.
In my stumbling along, your analysis - in general - matches my trial and error understandings.
I ordered a set of 660mm Jones Butted 2.5" H Loop Bars to test out. Pretty sure the rise is too much for my Cross Tour, on my Ltd's frame suddenly the bike feels much larger. The flatter version might be perfect for the CT, and they come in Titanium - my 'bling bling'.
Saddle-wise, I like my Selle Anatomica - can't wait to try the Brooks!
Took forever to break in. Selle's service was less than stellar.
I ordered carbon rails - that came deformed/ uneven. Even properly torqued to recommendations, they failed after a few hundred miles - plus, they restricted for/ aft alignment by a lot. I'm out of the saddle on bumps and rough surfaces, so probably just wrong for a commuter, my bad, crunch. Shattered laterally over 1.5", going forward from the clamp. Quick tip: Never reach under saddle and run fingers over suspected shattered carbon fiber😖.
The stainless tube rails do work great - so far.
That guy's eye-piece on the helmet is priceless, but if I can't carry it up a flight of stairs it's too heavy.
I went with the lightest fork, a cassette and opt for alloy bars (or ti) over steel.
I'd go Nexties but I'm concerned about carbon's frailty (and stab wounds). Adding the Archer Dx1 was a couple-hundred-gram whim, but I anticipate my CT will be 62lbish - rolling.
The latest Frey. 5 months back I was ready to buy, I mean with card in hand, but for that answer to "what's the weight" - and I got it. 75lbs entry. Add the big battery = 90lbs.

Yes. Now I have the specs. The "boost" Christini being 18mm, FB being 32 x 33mm. From what you (29mm x 32mm) and Jon (32mm) post, they are the same offsets.
I stand corrected (Jon).
You read'n my mind? I'm set on 4.5"s for sand - low pressure, sidewall gets fatter = rub-a-dub-dub. Never thought of 'squaring off'. Makes sense. What about weight?
I was thinking "What will I have to change when I take bike on coastal fishing trips? Wheelset. Check. No worries". I was slick, going the CT x 3" 'standard size' (like the World Record Holder Cross Tour) :cool:.
Now it's looking change the spider as well - and with that, I may require spacing the cassette outward/ mods to the spacers - whew 🥵 - oh, and different cranks of course when the Q- factor goes haywire, but I'll be on sand not pedaling cadence long distance - all I wanted was a Pepsi (and to yank another fat halibut outta the April - May surf).
I installed the Jones bars - whoa - on my test bike (Ltd). Old bars were 640mm, these 660mm.
Whoa, what a difference 20mm makes! The bike looks and feels much larger.
Under a pound and the layout is great for utility sake, the 22.2mm area is profuse. My cockpit looks barren.
Christmas 'bike' shopping is done, but my rides convinced me flat bars of this design are what I want on my CT and my next buy for January.
-
(Last minute rulebreaker), I scored a D1x Trail micro-shift mod for price I couldn't refuse. Looks like a PIA to set up on the (Black Wraith) Ltd. Selling bike when I get CT balanced and reliable - huge reason I insist on quick available parts. CT must first go, then be show.
Yanking the Ltd's shift cable could be a 'big stupid' - having to put it back - and the stock shimano works perfectly. I cringe at fixing things not (yet) broken, only to find a buyer resents "modifications" (and I'm an 'okay, two hours to put it back threaded into the frame, under the battery', happy guy).
-
Your positive input's inspiring. Hard to keep our joy, waiting, waiting. I'm kind of ancient, thinking 'sure and steady, stick with the plan can-do'.
Just a mindset, of little value to others, I discovered 'winning' by 'feeling good' in my head, not sweating failures; being 'as good as I can be'; not 'as good or as bad as my last choice', no matter the end consequence worked best for me - to feel good - not be successful.
It's not metaphysical. Feeling positive attracts like kind and vice versa, negative. Mia culpa.
So, it's the motors, etc. If it can happen, the company we've chosen to make it so will do just that ... but I confess I anticipated hell breaking loose on the trade scene and sure 'nuff, we're witnessing a firm realignment of Western/ Eastern Bloc/ trade sources/ partners and loyalties are changing. It's a paradigm shift.
Not sure what "I learned I'm getting cashed out for unused PTO (thanks WW for dumping on the second half of my summer?)" means, but I agree with your Christmas 'wish'. I know even cynicism is humor, and irony brings a smile - if (as a boxer I once knew said "you got your mind right"). lol
Largely, I see WW buyers (and commenters on these forums) as people making knowledgeable choices 👨‍🎓and think buyers made the best choice.
The reason Winter's Fall is 'a time of peace' goes back a bit - to necessity I dare say. It's in every culture.
So, I wish the feeling of peace, harmony with the flow knowing doing the right thing is better than succeeding regardless of outcome - lest we completely condemn ourselves to 'fools in our own minds'. lol. We're not. It just got funky out there and the trade (stuff) hit the fan.

Happy Holidays and a great 2022 to all!

Fn'F

Thanks for that fastener source.
How do you like the Archer D1x??? Where can you buy the mod kit??? I want to buy the Archer D1x, the mod kit, blips and shift hood remote for the drop bars but only can find the Archer D1x. Can you tell me where you bought the mod kit?

Ol' Musky needs to get the stick out of his butt about LiDAR before I consider a Tesla - the man needs to listen to his engineers & every Autopilot fatality would have been avoided with it! Not that I'd use Autopilot, but I've been in a position where experts were ignored when telling higher-ups what they want isn't feasible and it's not fun when they don't listen - not confidence-inspiring either. I'm hopething the F150-L is good and they come out with a 400mi battery & increase production so the wait times aren't so long. The Rivian is more than I want to spend for the package I want but I really want something with good enough range, ground clearance, and some hauling capacity. Some reviews said the Rivian can be weird offroad so I just need to bide my time and hope ship times come down (or learn to be more patient, but screw that!)

@Fast n' Furious I worked for a guy who had an F10 M5, he had it straight-piped because 'his guy' told him it would sound so sick (same guy who got him to 5% tint his Ranger Rover on top of factory rear tint & do 50% on the windshield - thing got $700 tickets like every week). It sounded so sad when re revved it up, like some cartoon dragon rasping for air - it had no guts or rumble! One of the guys had a dented up Cutlass Supreme with an LT1 in it and it sounded 1000 times better, you couldn't even hear the M5 next to it. So strange that removing the mufflers and cat made the car sound worse.

As far as ebikes go though... the 29x3 tubed Tannus armor was more around 360g - of course other sizes will be different. Really on an ebike I don't think it's going to be as much of a difference though the rotating mass further out from the axle is definitely gonna be the worst of all weights. With carbon rims I decided I needed rim protectors, and the Revoloop/Aerothan/Tubo type tubes are lighter than the amount of tubeless sealant needed. Butyl tubes were over 300g each but a fraction of the price of the TPU tubes

@Deacon Blues what heated gloves do you use and how do the bike controls feel wearing them? We're due snow this weekend in town which usually happens only once a year in Jan-Feb! I've got all the other cold weather gear for playing in the snow down but I think I'm going to search out a good set of pogies since I like how it feels with no glove much more.
No doubt. Odd-fire BMW V10 cackles, see: E60 V10. M Performance Titanium Exhaust is already a LOUD compromise - a hundred million in development to tune resonance vibration/ exhaust flow on that ultimate 4dr executive's road car, Bavaria ain't releasing that data so very unlikely a German guy with a last name ending in "(Whatever)mann" will ever be able to duplicate it. Non-OEM systems eliminating the 'valve' (see here : Demon Barber @ M Performance Titanium Exhaust System - can it be quiet? mentioning the complexity) shuts that tech down.
ECU control programming. Other exhausts will possibly extract a bit more HP, but bark, pop and bang (much worse) and have a tinny sound as competing frequencies interfere with while the pipes try to vibrate randomly (without ECU input to the contrary). Same thing in reverse. BMW uses certain competing frequencies to annul each other.
They better have a secret weapon. That engine sounds way rich, advanced and high on the lobes.
-
Even-fire, ala 'Lambo V10 see: Lambo Screamer is a somewhat different tune.
-
Lately, I've seen/ heard two A8's purrin' and prowling 'round Downtown w/ that V10 (Like the BMW, but unlike the McLaren, the A8 is drivable on city streets). Only confirmed one 'full war cry' evidence - the (dated) Lambo - 8500rpm of chilling precision. Quite a song watching that 50' Rolling start, in 2000' hit 130 and back down through the gears, melding with fwy traffic. (Hey. Great memories for me. I once did just that in a Lambo Espada). I think he wound out in 3rd, ".... Zhhhwhaaaaaaaaa, click, Wrriiiinnng, click, Bruzzzzzzzz - dum di dum behind the Mini Van @65mph. Nary a pop, just a ripping bark that turned banshee and instantly changed personality to purring pussycat.
This, was his daily habitude - until that onramp got hot. He was scaring the ice-plant after all and they, unlike (naughty. bad car. bad. bad car) supercars are on the (sorta) endangered species list - Jelly fish however are thriving (I keep telling myself I better re-proof this and not be so controversial).
But yeah, can't touch 'even-fire banshees' - like V12 Ferraris - esp - IMVHO - the small-blocks, for that unique 'hair'll stand up on yer neck' scream and Violin or String Bass ... mia culpa, I love them all !!! Vive la difference.
-
That having a lot of fun riding on sand in Peru. I'm the guy heading closest to the shore. We both feel the magnitude and I'm always looking over the edge.
How did they get up there? I'll have to 'background' that.
-
My Titanium Cross Tour build is for 80% City Streets, 10% slow path/ sidewalks and 10% (largely packed) beach work - not dunes, but occasional soft stuff and rocks/ barnacles/ shells encountered until I can get past, and the dirt paths to get there.
My experienced distaste for un-sprung weight is legendary. You point out it's worst place to be - outer limits of hub axis'. I wouldn't even consider a 65lb machine - but for this motor, done in Ti.
Spend a grand+ on wheels, I get a bit more careful, so Hi-tech protection for parts leads to heavier outcomes.
I've ordered 27.5 x 3", was planning a second set - 4.5"s - now kinda wonder do I even need wider?
-
Regardless price/ material, what do you see as a wheelset balance for Deacon's bike and mine?

How do you like the Archer D1x??? Where can you buy the mod kit??? I want to buy the Archer D1x, the mod kit, blips and shift hood remote for the drop bars but only can find the Archer D1x. Can you tell me where you bought the mod kit?
No Mod kit. Not the DBR type, it came with the bar mount controller.
Holidays frozen my time. Installing after the New Year for testing.
Ask at Archer's website's chat - but wait until the 26th for an answer. They show DBR Remote at $129.

Be careful, the throttle settings were intentionally scaled back by Watt Wagons, to save components from getting scrapped at high wattage, it might even void your warranty.
Examples have been given of people gunning it, in a wrong gear, uphill, bad things happened to their Ebike.
So he programmed limitations into it(750W), but if changed back to full wattage, issues can and will happen.
Broken chains, and even gates belts have been reported snapping. Your entire drive drain takes a ton of extra wear and tear using the throttle at peak watts.
The ultra has that much torque at high wattage.
Keep the throttle because they are fun, just don't mess with the Watt Wagons settings for it, and you will be fine, Pushkar has tested it.

Last edited:
Ebiker33, are you saying the most I can get out of the throttle is 750 Watts?
When I used the throttle I was travelling along at around 22mph (in level 4) and I wanted to see if I could maintain that speed by just using the throttle.
I could, but just barely and no additional mph could be gained by using the throttle.

Can you tell me how pedalling at, say, 1000W is less harmful to the running gear than just using the throttle at the same wattage?

In the end it's probably a moot point, since 99% of my riding is done without using the throttle. I just wanted to see if I could cruise along at 24mph by just using my throttle. I couldn't
The only time I do use the throttle is to get my large, heavy bike going from a stop. I love his bike, but it's a pig off the line.

Can you tell me how pedalling at, say, 1000W is less harmful to the running gear than just using the throttle at the same wattage?
You can gun the throttle from zero to max which would cause a burst of power to go through the drivetrain and potentially do some damage.
When you pedal, it is always more gradual, and therefore does not present that risk.

That said, with the programming, you can unrestrict the throttle if you like, just be mindful of how you use it if you wish to protect your drivetrain from excessive wear and tear.
Also know that if you have the Kindernay IGH, you can lose the warranty that way.

Ebiker33, are you saying the most I can get out of the throttle is 750 Watts?
When I used the throttle I was travelling along at around 22mph (in level 4) and I wanted to see if I could maintain that speed by just using the throttle.
I could, but just barely and no additional mph could be gained by using the throttle.

In the end it's probably a moot point, since 99% of my riding is done without using the throttle. I just wanted to see if I could cruise along at 24mph by just using my throttle. I couldn't
The only time I do use the throttle is to get my large, heavy bike going from a stop. I love his bike, but it's a pig off the line.
Pedaling is not an issue as you slowly ramp up; 2300W is not even an issue.
Sondors Ebikes which doesn't even allow too much wattage were breaking chains off the line with the Ultra.
For sure if you have the 2300W version of the X1 and you program it to take full wattage from the throttle you are going to have issues at some point.
And the point of a 750W throttle is to help you take off from a stop, once up to speed you can pedal at full wattage, beyond the 750W setting.
Also once you have momentum from pedaling and you switch back to throttle it's not as much of a strain on the system.
The issues are the sudden start at max wattage via throttle, being in the wrong gear going up a hill makes it even worse.

Be careful, the throttle settings were intentionally scaled back by Watt Wagons, to save components from getting scrapped at high wattage, it might even void your warranty.
Examples have been given of people gunning it, in a wrong gear, uphill, bad things happened to their Ebike.
So he programmed limitations into it(750W), but if changed back to full wattage, issues can and will happen.
Broken chains, and even gates belts have been reported snapping. Your entire drive drain takes a ton of extra wear and tear using the throttle at peak watts.
The ultra has that much torque at high wattage.
Keep the throttle because they are fun, just don't mess with the Watt Wagons settings for it, and you will be fine, Pushkar has tested it.
I'm not a Gates fanboy, but you posed https://electricbikereview.com/foru...-or-stretched-out-their-gates-belt-yet.42298/ and pretty much got a "NO" (but somebody's Honda did).
In that question's preamble you started with the false dilemma: The Ultra is famous for snapping chains if you hit the throttle in the wrong gear or really push it at the higher watts. However, again, searching those terms "Ultra snaps chain" https://electricbikereview.com/forums/search/3056919/?q=ultra+snaps+chain&t=post&o=relevance, only produces you saying "people say ultras are famous for snapping chains ..." etc.
I quoted you and a Guru told me 'no such problem exists'. I'm the guy from the start that has insisted one needed the Gates Laser Alignment tool and precise tension, I whined 'the easily damaged fibered belt may not be able to take those extreme bends either', but it did and it has proven me wrong.
-
I just returned from a '+96Nm throttle' jaunt on a 60lb bike, WOT up hills, from a stop, 25mph when permitted - no speed trial today, just stocking up a case of Stone IPA - 'nother 16lbs - to keep out of the store for the next few (covid) days. I like to use it to burn out of corners, when I can't pedal for fear of a strike.
I'm crossing 1000watts on TS - about 100Nm and indeed, from a start, it can take off without you and will do a wheel over - if one was not mounted.
750watts,roughly 75Nm at the shaft and 150Nm @ 1500watts and 200Nm at 2000watts. Archon has a 7% efficiency increase (Tuned Controller) and the ability to crank 3000watts peak. If I was Puskar I'd put that baby on a dyno and post the film.
But it's not the (unlimited) throttles are dangerous. Thumb throttles, in control of 2 - 3000watts are crystalized dynamite.
One twitch = 1000watts. Hit a bump, thumb twitches jumps to 1800watts ... + use of an unrestricted throttle voids Kindernay's warranty.
Twist grip throttles are another beast; smooth; firmly controlled; fits the high performance package - not just goofball cruising with a throttle.
I find this as playing drums, like dancing. You move your feet, now clap your hands and nod your head, swivel you hips and wave your arms.
Not too hard to play two bass drums on one mental circuit while banging the skins on another, thinking that way. Same with a twist throttle/ pedaling/ changing gears and mastering the entire package that makes this bike what it is 🤑.
Ooops. Wrong funny-face, 🐓-of-the-walk, wait, wait. That's not it either. I mean the 🐲. That's it.
Time out of mind [riding] the dragon
Children we have it right here
It's the light in my eyes
It's perfection and grace
It's the smile on my face
(Thanks Deacon - but you're a winner!).
So (staying in thematical color here) "Black Friday" 'isn't neigh', and the (FOX TVesque echoes of) semi-Biblical rumors of rumors re: chain breaking/ belt shredding wars are unsubstantiated to any meaningful degree, so put yer socks and shoes back on and research it yourself, without starting at a conclusion (wag, wag). lol.
Once set on a conviction, I'm the hard-headest fool to convince otherwise - but remind myself I'm seeking knowledge, not "gunnin' for the man who stole my water" (ala @ Rome - Me message: Lighten up homie. You know your a clutz. Fix it and keep breaking/ fixing until it won't break, rinse and repeat - 😘 n' hugs).
Christmas Eve, Me n' the crew playin on the the big display (I'm hogging right now) - Steely Dan in the background, wailing 'I cried when I wrote this song' .... God Bless America and Canada as well - look around, so much to be grateful for. And Dang. I'm already plotting another grand worth of parts buy on the 26th - because I said 'no more bike stuff till after Christmas, Paul' - not because my child is dying of hunger
These guys are "gonna kill [me] w/ my pacifist bullchyte" - as they put it, so I have to go - Hey, for Christmas they all gave themselves firearms, now they're playing Pink Floyd, Lunatic, fondling and babbling muzzle velocity / v impact. lol.
-
So signing off on a Note of Goodwill to the community (and if I don't post any more madness, they probably killed me to play nintendo).
Hey!!! This could fly on tik tock: 'idiot influencer pleas on forum for help from bullies' - Gyyyyyaaaak. Okay bro, the nintendo. Let go'a my damn neck.

Happy Doc Holidays (Gyyyyaaaak. They made me say that) !!!

Fn'F

Back