My one complaint: Cube Cross hybrid Pro

Mister B

As an otherwise extremely happy owner of a Cube Cross hybrid Pro 500, I do have an issue with what seems to be a rather noticeable tendency for the paint finish to easily scuff and wear off. I have the matte green and orange trim finish which I find sexy and unique but after just 300 miles, the level of wearing and scuffing is really bothering me. I suppose all I can do is to match and repaint the worn areas and cover it with plastic protectors. I know this is a brand new bike but has anyone else noticed this problem?

Hi, I have a 2017 Cross Hybrid Pro 400, Blue on Black, and have not noticed this issue. Having said that, it's mainly used for commuting duties and sees only very light off road use. What is causing the scuffs, is it terrain or "self-inflicted wounds" :) i.e. just you or your bags rubbing against it?

Hi, I have a 2017 Cross Hybrid Pro 400, Blue on Black, and have not noticed this issue. Having said that, it's mainly used for commuting duties and sees only very light off road use. What is causing the scuffs, is it terrain or "self-inflicted wounds" :) i.e. just you or your bags rubbing against it?
Yes, it is "Self inflicted": Both sides of the rear frame where my shoe heal rubs against the frame periodically. The other area is near the front fork from a one time use on my bike rack. My fault but way too easily damaged in my opinion: I've had cheap bikes that didn't mar this easily. ☹

I had the paint scuff off my Kathmandu from just testing the fit of some panniers I bought. I just covered the two little spots with a Sharpie, but it wasn't a perfect match. I also modified both panniers hoping it won't happen again. The pannier is always on that side so no matter, but I won't be happy if the paint scuffs off elsewhere. I have a million year old Cannondale that looks like new and the finish is bulletproof. You'd think we ought to have advanced since then. CN

Back