WattWagon Ultimate Commuter Pro (UCP) in depth review

@Merlin, what size frame did you purchase?
I have the older style UC Pro frame (medium), with the fat bike wide rear hub. I have serious issues with chain skip in the 11t cog and the medium is too big for me (5'8").
When compared to other commuter ebikes my frame is actually a large.
Pushkar and I have worked out a deal were I will send the bike I have back when the new small-sized frames arrive.
Have you gotten your small frame yet?
Any updated ETA?

My last update was December 9th via the website messenger, someone said they was waiting on motor controller parts to complete the bike build. Made me think they must have gotten the new frames but I can’t confirm this,I will try calling next inquiry.

Just as a general observation, in February 2021 I put a deposit down and ordered a Co-Motion Siskiyou. Due to supply chain issues that bike shipped to me yesterday. Similarly, some accessories (most notably a Tubus rear rack) that I have ordered for the bike took quite a bit of searching to find a place with any of them in stock. So there are still supply chain issues, especially for high-end parts.

Co-Motion was extremely good about communicating with me about what was going on and was very prompt at responding to my inquiries.

I just went to WW's website to see if there was anything new. To my surprise the titanium framed bikes are no longer on the site.
I wonder if Pushkar has given up on the titanium bikes and plans on offering just the Crosstour/Hydra/Helios models.

I just went to WW's website to see if there was anything new. To my surprise the titanium framed bikes are no longer on the site.
I wonder if Pushkar has given up on the titanium bikes and plans on offering just the Crosstour/Hydra/Helios models.
Yes I agree, I’ve been watching the site and the UC pro was out of stock, then taken off the site late 2022. I hope if he has given up that watt wagon will announce something. Wishful thinking 🥹

In a text exchange I had with Pushkar last summer he mentioned, when I asked when he'd have a small sized titanium frame in stock, he said he was unable to give a delivery date timeline, because of problems with the frame manufacturer in China. Initially, it was that the frames were not sized properly (small was sized like a medium) and would have to be remade. Then, the plant closed down again and again over Covid.

I think Pushkar has 'thrown in the towel' and given up on ever getting any titanium frames from that Chinese manufacturer.

In a text exchange I had with Pushkar last summer he mentioned, when I asked when he'd have a small sized titanium frame in stock, he said he was unable to give a delivery date timeline, because of problems with the frame manufacturer in China. Initially, it was that the frames were not sized properly (small was sized like a medium) and would have to be remade. Then, the plant closed down again and again over Covid.

I think Pushkar has 'thrown in the towel' and given up on ever getting any titanium frames from that Chinese manufacturer.
I've heard he is changing frame supplier and have even seen a new Hydra frame though I don't know who he got it from

I had a text conversation with Pushkar today. Looks like there won't be any more titanium framed bikes from WW.....at least not for the foreseeable future.

I had a text conversation with Pushkar today. Looks like there won't be any more titanium framed bikes from WW.....at least not for the foreseeable future.
Really wish I could figure out why I can't get my login registration figured out ! Been told it's an issue at innotrace end but nothing further explained and told end of Feb which seems insane for a login registration to be accepted 😑

Our of curiosity I weighed my UC Pro (medium) today on my bathroom scale. It weighed 66.6 pounds. I was very surprised when I weighed my Hydra (small). It weighed the exact same weight as my UC Pro-66.6 pounds.
Just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my scale I also weighed my Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3, with a back rack, bag and full water bottle. It weighed 47.6 pounds.

Our of curiosity I weighed my UC Pro (medium) today on my bathroom scale. It weighed 66.6 pounds. I was very surprised when I weighed my Hydra (small). It weighed the exact same weight as my UC Pro-66.6 pounds.
Just to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my scale I also weighed my Cannondale Topstone Neo Lefty 3, with a back rack, bag and full water bottle. It weighed 47.6 pounds.
My hydra large with battery weighs 71 pounds so I don't think your doing something wrong !

I just received my new Nextie carbon wheels for my UC Pro.
I love this bike, but it's a bit too big for me. Standover clearance is at a minimum, with NO room to spare, if you get my drift. ;)
So, I ordered a set of 26 inch wheels from Nextie. The only problem with the order was they were not able to source the needed 170mm rear hub, so I had to order the complete front wheel and just the rear wheel rim.
I ordered a JRA 170mm fat hub from the UK and plan on having the wheel laced by a local wheel builder.

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_2970.jpeg

IMG_2971.jpeg

In my continuing journey towards ending up with a relatively straight chain line (which with this bike is a REAL challenge) I've installed a fat bike spider and larger chain ring (44t to 48t).
My next step is to move up to a 56t ring and add a 3mm spacer ring between the spider and the chain ring.
I realize moving to a 56t chainring is a big jump, but if it doesn't work I can always move to a lower tooth count. I ordered the chainring from China, so it was a cheap experiment.
I like to ride at around 20mph. With the 48t ring I was usually in the 3rd smallest cassette cog. This worked okay, but wasn't ideal. The chain cross in the 11t cog was more than I'd like and still skipped under hard pedalling.
With the 56t ring, at a similar speed, I'll be in the 4th or 5th smallest cog. Add on the 3mm spacer and the chain line might end up being near straight.
My goal is to never use the two smallest cogs.
Photos when I get it all together.
Tomorrow, I'll have all the needed parts, except for the new chain (old one needed replacing). I've ordered a new chain (and spares) from an online German bike company, because the prices, even when I include shipping, is far cheaper than any I've come across in Canada. Then only downside is it will take 1 to 2 weeks to get it delivered

I love riding this bike, so for me the extra effort and cost is worth it.

with your gearing it sounds like your peddling way too slow. our tandem has a 36t chain ring and at 19mph we are in the 13t cog. peddling about 80 rpms. pom my trek with a 42t I am in maybe 3rd to last cog at most peddling at 80 rpms.

Back