My Espin Sport

Yep, a little more stooped than I would prefer. Im 5'6". It's ok, but my back gets a little tired after 30 or so minutes in that position. I may look into a higher rise handlebar as well...
this is what I was concerned about as I have lower back issues. I’m 5’8”.
maybe get a stem adjuster on Amazon. keep us posted.

How do you adjust the height of the handlebar stem? Can it be raised? I tried turning one bolt with the Allen wrench tool and it was too tight to even budge.

Its not the bolt directly on top of the stem with the plastic covering. I think I am showing the correct bolt to use...

Attachments

• Stem raise.jpg
    Stem raise.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 320
Anybody notice the battery charger gets very hot? Before I usedvthe battery the first time I charged it and it took about an hour and a half to get a full charge. I waited until I had two bars left to recharge it and it took 5 1/2 hours to recharge and turn green. That’s when I noticed that the charger was very hot to the touch.

Yes. That bolt corrects the angle of the stem to bring it closer/higher.

What I did with my mountain bike was buy a different stem and a mid-rise handlebar so I wasn’t hunched over.

But instead of a mid-rise handlebar, I’d consider getting a BMX type handlebar. This would give you that extra bar for space to mount things like phone, bell, whatever.

Edit: Phone typos.

Last edited:
Yes. They bolt corrects the angle of the stem to bring it closer/higher.

What I did with my mountain bike was but a different stem and a mid-rise handlebar so I wasn’t hunched over.

But instead of a mid-rise handlebar, is consider getting a BMX type handlebar. This would give you that extra bar for space to mount things like phone, bell, whatever.

I think I am going to do that. What bars are candidates?

Imagine my delight when I went to the mailbox and lo and behold, my new Suntour seat post from Aliexpress. I think it took about 45 days from the day I ordered to show up. Sidenote, the opening on for the Sport seatpost is 30.4 so Aliexpress automatically includes the 27.2 to 30.4 shim which I thought was kinda nice. Anyway, quick drive down the block in 115 and it felt nice. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
My suntour ncx arrived today but since I'm over 180lbs I have to wait for the red spring to arrive later......

My suntour ncx arrived today but since I'm over 180lbs I have to wait for the red spring to arrive later......

I went to apply my cover to my new Suntour NCX on my Sport and couldn't get the cover to fit. Come to find out the 2 velcro portions are the same as opposed to one female and one male. Somebody screwed up on the assembly line. Aliexpress fail!

Attachments

• shockcover.jpg
    shockcover.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 302
I went to apply my cover to my new Suntour NCX on my Sport and couldn't get the cover to fit. Come to find out the 2 velcro portions are the same as opposed to one female and one male. Somebody screwed up on the assembly line. Aliexpress fail!
I just checked mine and it's male and female....👍. Was wondering if you removed the spring? I removed the spring in mine ( delivered today) and it has like a spacer or bushing in the middle of the spring, I assume as a support so it doesn't bang against the sides, but the red spring I ordered from suntour doesn't look like it has it according to the website. Anyone have any insight?

Rockbros bike rack bag. About 90 bucks on Amazon but I noticed they were out of stock. Fits perfectly on the back of my Sport and XP. Carries extra tube, pump,first aid, tools, etc. Also, nice holder for my water or beverage on the back of bag. Highly recommend.
How do these bags connect to the rack?

I have to look but is the display mount capable of being put on the lower or upper bar? Not sure if that mount can only be slid on but I don't think so.

I think your method is more correct... I tend to use my arches (which also causes foot pain on longer rides).

I do feel the kickstand sticks out but it is supposed to be beefy to support the weight.

The included pedals on the Sport are narrow, so maybe if you get wider pedals and move your left food outside a bit more, that could help.

I think your method is more correct... I tend to use my arches (which also causes foot pain on longer rides).

I do feel the kickstand sticks out but it is supposed to be beefy to support the weight.

The included pedals on the Sport are narrow, so maybe if you get wider pedals and move your left food outside a bit more, that could help.

Thats what I was thinkin. Any particular pedals to recommend?

So finally took the Sport on a ride I usually don't like taking with my regular bike. It's a nice paved trail except at the beginning there is this long incline. It's about a 7% grade just over a mile long and I'm usually looking for an extra lung midway through.

I actually got 1/3 up this long one and was thinking about trying it the whole way on 0 but the point was to test the ebike. So I put it in 1 and I could have left it there... very easy to pedal, seemed like there was no incline at all. I upped it to 2 and it was even easier... at 3 it was cheat mode because I was moving way faster than I should be... it was crazy how powerful a 500w motor could push uphill because I'm not a small guy. I was impressed.

It's interesting because the combinations of gears and PAS level really helps dictate the assist and really does flatten hills.

The rest of the ride has smaller inclines and then long downhill portions but I didn't use any PAS which surprised my wife because she thought I was using it on the subsequent inclines since I seemed to take them pretty quickly without much effort. This makes me feel like the Sport has pretty good gearing. Prior to this ride, I've gone a quite a few inclines on 0 assist (mostly underpasses or bridges) and it's easy to do.

There's another big hill I want to try out which is steeper and a shorter distance but I'm confident the Sport will flatten that one too.

I was concerned that a hub drive wouldn't be able to push my size up a hill and was wondering if I needed to get a mid-drive but it was fine... and I get too zoom-zoom (what my kid refers as using the throttle) every once in a while for fun.

One other thing... I went back down the hill halfway to ask my wife if she wanted to switch bikes but she's too macho. When I tried to go back up, it was hard because I forgot to gear down... and then I remembered the throttle and that gave me the push I needed to start pedaling again (so I now understand why some people are not too happy with the Aventon set up).

I moved the handlebars more upright by loosening the bolt that was shown here. There is not much difference in how much you can move it. I went as far up right as I could without stretching the cables. Is there a way to actually raise the stem vertically?

Back