My Espin Sport

Attachments

• kickstand.jpg
    kickstand.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 346
Has anyone removed their fenders (front and rear) from their Sports? I am curious as to the look without and
curious, too. Thinking of removing the back fender when the bike arrives. save a couple pounds and the rack would be another 5 pounds

It looks more like a MTB without the fenders.

The hardest part is removing the bottom screw between the frame and the rear tire. I just let the air out of the tire to give me enough space to angle in a long screwdriver to loosen the screw.

All other screws are easy.

I will be curious to see Sport owners convert over to wider tires. I wonder how wide you can go on current rims?

Well I guess I will be the guinea pig for the Redshift suspension handlebar stem. I ordered one yesterday for my XP and come to find out, it will not fit. It looks like it will work on the Sport. Other than catching my heel on the kickstand, the only other mini complaint I have is the reach down to the handlebars. I find myself riding with no hands quite a bit and even though it feels stable, I would rather not do it...

Well I guess I will be the guinea pig for the Redshift suspension handlebar stem. I ordered one yesterday for my XP and come to find out, it will not fit. It looks like it will work on the Sport. Other than catching my heel on the kickstand, the only other mini complaint I have is the reach down to the handlebars. I find myself riding with no hands quite a bit and even though it feels stable, I would rather not do it...
what’s the issue with the reach to handlebars? did you already adjust it to the max forward position?

what’s the issue with the reach to handlebars? did you already adjust it to the max forward position?

Just the opposite. I adjusted the stem up to raise the handlebars to max height

Attachments

• Sport stem.jpg
    Sport stem.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 327
Still working on the noise. I think it’s spoke related.

The “noseless” is referring to the seat. :)

yes that’s what I meant. is the reach too far, requiring a stooped, forward-riding position? what’s your height?

Yep, a little more stooped than I would prefer. Im 5'6". It's ok, but my back gets a little tired after 30 or so minutes in that position. I may look into a higher rise handlebar as well...

How do you adjust the height of the handlebar stem? Can it be raised? I tried turning one bolt with the Allen wrench tool and it was too tight to even budge.

Back