My Espin Sport

Get a longer Allen socket and maybe a breaker bar or a 1/2" drive socket wrench
[/QUOTE

What I meant was I was able to loosen the allen screw but even with the allen screw loosened and the front wheel between my legs, I wasn't able to get the front wheel and the handlebars to line up perfectly. Seems to be off just a tad. Maybe there is another way to correct the misalignment...

My only other minor irritation with my Sport is my heel occasionally catches the kickstand when pedaling. Anyone else have this problem. My feet aren't that big- size 9..

Has anyone mounted mirrors on their Sport or Flow yet? I hesitate to mount on the handlebars as there is very little space. I have an extra Mirrycle end mount and am wondering if the end caps come off of the Sport of Flow or do I have to cut off the ends of the grips?

Right now my only complaint would be I feel my front wheel and my handlebars are out of synch by a minor smidge. I tried loosening the allen screw under the rubber plug on top of head set but I couldn't get it to budge...
Oh I think that stem bolt, if you're talking about the one in the middle isn't the one that you need to do you probably have, I'd have to look closer, two bolts on the collar that clamp it to the stem If you loosen those two you can rotate The handlebars side to side to get them to line up .

Are the front brake pads supposed to rub against the rotor when it’s new? My rotor is not centered between the pads. There is space between the left pad and rotor but the right pad is actually rubbing the rotor without me squeezing the brake handle. Does this need to be adjusted and how do I do it?

Oh I think that stem bolt, if you're talking about the one in the middle isn't the one that you need to do you probably have, I'd have to look closer, two bolts on the collar that clamp it to the stem If you loosen those two you can rotate The handlebars side to side to get them to line up .

I will try that. Thanks cldlhd

I loosen the quick release port and then the Brake pads separated and created space. Then I retightened the bolt. Is this OK to do? Maybe I over tightened the quick release from the beginning. Are you supposed to tighten the quick release super tight before you lock it down?

I loosen the quick release port and then the Brake pads separated and created space. Then I retightened the bolt. Is this OK to do? Maybe I over tightened the quick release from the beginning. Are you supposed to tighten the quick release super tight before you lock it down?
I just tried loosening the two mounting bolts and trying to wiggle it side to side to it rub the least and then tighten them but I'm still getting a little rubbing when riding trying to wiggle it side to side to it rub the least and then tighten them but I'm still getting a little rubbing when riding. Also try squeezing the brake lever with the caliper a little loose to try to self-center it and tighten the bolts up like that but I'm still getting a little bit of rub,

Last edited:
Loosening the quick release a little bit seemed to solve the problem for me. I couldn’t even loosen either of the 2 mounting bolts on the caliper. Too tight to budge.

Loosen the caliper bolts, squeeze the brake lever (this should center the pads). While keeping the lever closed, tighten the attaching bolts.

Loosen the caliper bolts, squeeze the brake lever (this should center the pads). While keeping the lever closed, tighten the attaching bolts.
I did that but I'm still getting a little bit of rubbing which makes me wonder if the disc is perfectly true

Has anyone mounted mirrors on their Sport or Flow yet? I hesitate to mount on the handlebars as there is very little space. I have an extra Mirrycle end mount and am wondering if the end caps come off of the Sport of Flow or do I have to cut off the ends of the grips?

I am answering myself, I love it! The ends of the handlebars on the Sport have easily detachable end plugs and pop right off allowing me to install my Mirrycle mirror. Easy peasy. I highly recommend at least a left side mirror for your Sport...

Attachments

• Plug.jpg
    Plug.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 321
  • Mirrycle.jpg
    Mirrycle.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 301
I did that but I'm still getting a little bit of rubbing which makes me wonder if the disc is perfectly true
What’s “a little bit?” When you spin the wheel, does the rubbing significantly slow rotation? If not, drive on until you get about 50 miles on it in order to let the pads wear in a bit. At least that worked for me——160mm Tektro mechanicals.

What’s “a little bit?” When you spin the wheel, does the rubbing significantly slow rotation? If not, drive on until you get about 50 miles on it in order to let the pads wear in a bit. At least that worked for me——160mm Tektro mechanicals.

Yep, my Sport brakes were a bit noisy at first but after 20 or 30 miles they are now quiet as a churchmouse.

No it's not that bad, just a little noise. I figure the pads will wear a bit and the sound will go away. Had 2 clunks from the motor though when taking off with throttle only and turning slightly

Is the battery supposed to protrude a little at the top? It’s perfectly flush everywhere else except at the top. It clicks into place but I can’t get it to lie flush. Look at the photo and tell me if this is just a manufacturing defect

Attachments

• 0295F649-19DD-4AC9-A3BA-E3C4818090A7.jpeg
    0295F649-19DD-4AC9-A3BA-E3C4818090A7.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 308
Is the battery supposed to protrude a little at the top? It’s perfectly flush everywhere else except at the top. It clicks into place but I can’t get it to lie flush. Look at the photo and tell me if this is just a manufacturing defect

Ahh yes... I wanted to mention that too in my "cons" list.

Yes... I think it's normal for it to be just a bit higher, that's what mine looks like... I'll post a photo tomorrow.

I will try and get some shots from the Wild. The problem here is it's just too hot. Today supposed to be 118. I got my ride in early and am now hunkered down for the day. I will say I love the Sport. Smooth ridin son of a gun. I can take my hands off of the wheel confidently and pedal as the balance seems perfect. Just need my suspension Suntour seatpost that should be here any day...

Back