My 1000w motor journey and fear mongering by users of the forum!

This bike looks like it would shake your brain with every little bump. Not sure I could live without a full suspension now that I have one.
Point taken. That is why there are all different kinds of bikes. This one is for 220Kg of cargo plus a 140Kg ridder. It is not meant for single track. It is for a mom to get kids to school, so she can commute and shop using smooth bike lanes and paths. I have and enjoy mountain bikes too. They are a different category of animal. This is what Jan. 1st looks like here. And then Jan. 7th in the hills.

Attachments

• 010122b.JPG
    010122b.JPG
    475 KB · Views: 122
  • 010122c.JPG
    010122c.JPG
    324.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 010122d.JPG
    010122d.JPG
    491.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Jan7Ride3.JPG
    Jan7Ride3.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Jan7Ride4.JPG
    Jan7Ride4.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 136
completely understand was not meant as an insult just looking at that bike makes my head hurt lol. Nice pictures not sure why you posed them but it's nice :)

So here's a nice punch to the face, I took my bike out for a ride yesterday because it was one of the warmest days in November on record in our area. I took it out. It was lunch time and I ran in quick to get a hamburger and my bike was gone. It really changes my mind about using an e-bike in replacement of a car. If you have anything that's worth more than $500, it's going to be walked away with in seconds which means you can only take it to places where they have good lockup points in very visual places or that they let you bring it inside the building. I'm so upset right now because this whole biking as a lifestyle. I was loving it until yesterday. So frustrated

So here's a nice punch to the face, I took my bike out for a ride yesterday because it was one of the warmest days in November on record in our area. I took it out. It was lunch time and I ran in quick to get a hamburger and my bike was gone. It really changes my mind about using an e-bike in replacement of a car. If you have anything that's worth more than $500, it's going to be walked away with in seconds which means you can only take it to places where they have good lockup points in very visual places or that they let you bring it inside the building. I'm so upset right now because this whole biking as a lifestyle. I was loving it until yesterday. So frustrated
This is terrible news everytime I hear it. Really sorry you're going through this after your long search for the perfect bike. Do the authorities offer any hope? Keep a lookout on all the for sale forums in your area.

I walked into Burger King for 3 minutes to get a hamburger. no lock. I had a wedged in against a garbage can I could visually see it so I thought it was safe enough that I could run out in time. I literally watch the person grab it, flip it out, turn it around by the time I was at the door. he was already 10 ft away from me. such an idiot

Wife and I ride together nearly always. We rarely stop anywhere, but when we do (to pick up a Sunday paper for instance), just one of us goes inside. The other will stand guard over the bikes. No exceptions.

Losing one of our bikes would be a mental disaster I'm just not willing to risk....

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you are able to make things right quickly!

I walked into Burger King for 3 minutes to get a hamburger. no lock. I had a wedged in against a garbage can I could visually see it so I thought it was safe enough that I could run out in time. I literally watch the person grab it, flip it out, turn it around by the time I was at the door. he was already 10 ft away from me. such an idiot
Sorry to hear of your loss.

One thing I have learned from this is insurance is good and make sure you have the proper coverage for the cost of your bike. not all insurance will cover such a high value item without proper coverage. I just bumped mine 3 months ago to cover items up to 10K it was only 5K before.

Also if you are not holding on to your bike it can be stolen in half a second. by the time you realize what's going on they will be on the bike. it's impossible to prevent this kind of theft. Even standing beside it.. I hate bike there's!!

One thing I have learned from this is insurance is good and make sure you have the proper coverage for the cost of your bike. not all insurance will cover such a high value item without proper coverage. I just bumped mine 3 months ago to cover items up to 10K it was only 5K before.

Also if you are not holding on to your bike it can be stolen in half a second. by the time you realize what's going on they will be on the bike. it's impossible to prevent this kind of theft. Even standing beside it.. I hate bike there's!!
I read your reddit, I thought it was smart getting locals involved. Did you get any sightings? Were the police any help?

Wife and I ride together nearly always. We rarely stop anywhere, but when we do (to pick up a Sunday paper for instance), just one of us goes inside. The other will stand guard over the bikes. No exceptions.

Losing one of our bikes would be a mental disaster I'm just not willing to risk....

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hope you are able to make things right quickly!
my older daughter and i were sitting on a bench on a busy street eating ice cream with our scooter (boosted rev) parked against a meter approximately 5 feet from my feet. a guy walked up, turned it on, and just rode off with it! i yelled, chased for a half block but zero chance of catching a 24mph scooter lol. now i lock it (insurance replacement) even if my foot is on it while eating lunch or something.

glad to hear you were insured. you’ll get back on the road, i know it’s a bit of a mental and practical shock once you’ve gotten used to the newfound mobility!

I read your reddit, I thought it was smart getting locals involved. Did you get any sightings? Were the police any help?
The police went around and tried to find video footage. they have a picture of it that you distributed to the rest of the department but there's been nothing. I did get a text message from one of the people at the homeless shelter and they said they haven't seen it but they'll keep their eye open and that they shared it with other people as well. at this point in time I'm okay with it being an insurance claim. I'm not sure I want it back at this point in time who knows what could have happened to it.

glad to hear you were insured. you’ll get back on the road, i know it’s a bit of a mental and practical shock once you’ve gotten used to the newfound mobility!
I'm sure also I am already looking at a new bike hopefully it stays in stock

I'm wondering if anybody can notice what I decided to do when choosing this bike??

Jeebus that fookin sig is annoying. I’d have thought you'd have dropped it by now. Back to ignore with that 1/4 page monstrosity…
Good to read that you will be ignoring me. It makes ignoring you that much easier - jerk off. I continue using my moniker just for jerks like you buddy - now go play in the street. And learn to spell.

FYI guys in your settings you can turn peoples signatures off. I've never seen a signature on this site.

FYI guys in your settings you can turn peoples signatures off. I've never seen a signature on this site.
Imagine that - boohoo - no more making bikers angry because they do not like my signature on the forums. What a bunch and f'ing morons. PLEASE keep me on ignore.

I’m at the other end of the spectrum as the OP as I like lighter ebikes and for the most part ride a bike without a motor. But I find that his original post is well written and states his point of View very well. I don’t know the history but I assume many people flamed him given what he wrote. So given the history I think the post was very mature and respecful.

My only criticism would be two things. First I agree with Alaskan that if he actually gets into an accident then there could be legal issues. But he wouldn’t be the only one at risk. Likely Bitrix would be at risk if he say rode into someone at speed and significantly injured them. But it sounds like he’s pretty responsible and the likelihood of that happening is pretty low.

Edited to remove my second point after a bit more thought.

Last edited:
When you saw him touch your bike I presume you were bolting for the door?
So if I were 10ft away from my bike (electric), and somebody tried to pedal it away from me, without turning it on, there is no way in hell they could outrun me for the first 10-15 seconds. Did he turn the bike on after he flipped it around? And.... my bike takes a few seconds to boot up?

Just trying to make sense of the timeline you described.

I'm 65, but flush with adrenalin and rage, I'm like a 16 year old for at least 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Back