Mirrycle mirror and Ergon (large) grip video walkaround

Reid

Stock grips are fine, I really like them! But attaching a bar-end mirror is problematic.

My CCS bike's grips were ruined in a bike crash two weeks ago. I looked for similar replacements.

And since I am beginning to ride around again, I want a bar end mirror.

Found on Amazon these Ergon grips and they are about as comfy as the stock grips, with open ends.

The open ends are suitable for any bar-end mirror. Or use the supplied bar end plugs...

Ergons are perfect for a made-in-the-USA Mirrycle

Last edited:
The mirricycle was recommended to me last summer. I bought two of them and bought two more this winter. Most of my grips have plugs like your example, but I had two bikes without them. I just cut holes in the rubber.

That's the mirror we use. I like the easy on and off because we haul our bikes in an enclosed trailer.

Stock grips are fine, I really like them! But attaching a bar-end mirror is problematic.

My CCS bike's grips were ruined in a bike crash two weeks ago. I looked for similar replacements.

Found on Amazon these Ergon grips and they are about as comfy as the stock grips, with open ends.

The open ends are suitable for any bar-end mirror. Or use the supplied bar end plugs...

Ergons are perfect for a made-in-the-USA Mirricycle

What kind of bottle bottle/cage set up do you have? Looks good.

I don't have my CCS yet, waiting on the April delivery. But based on everything I've seen; I won't be able to use the seat post water bottle mounts due to the size of the big battery. The upper mounts on the standover tube also put the bottle on its side right over the battery. Since I need 2 bottles anyway (long commute, I sweat A LOT, and live in hot and dry Utah), I figured a seat mount system would solve the problem.

What kind of bottle bottle/cage set up do you have? Looks good.
bottle
&
cage

• the cage is adjustable to hold the fat bottle perfectly. The springy construction allows the bottle to tip out to the right or to the left and yet the bottle will not fall out or hop out of the cage.

The mirricycle was recommended to me last summer. I bought two of them and bought two more this winter. Most of my grips have plugs like your example, but I had two bikes without them. I just cut holes in the rubber.
Right! I really liked stock CCS grips for their rubbery wing-like ends. They are fantastically comfortable and secure. But the outer-end lock-on of the CCS grips is internal and vital to prevent the CCS grips from rotating away from the palm. This design precluded the use of a Mirrycle. Hence, the Ergon: a pricey German-designed alternative that is no more comfortable than the stock CCS grip, but whose lock-on is an external split ring clamp.

I don't have my CCS yet, waiting on the April delivery. But based on everything I've seen; I won't be able to use the seat post water bottle mounts due to the size of the big battery. The upper mounts on the standover tube also put the bottle on its side right over the battery. Since I need 2 bottles anyway (long commute, I sweat A LOT, and live in hot and dry Utah), I figured a seat mount system would solve the problem.

Consider a Camelbak hydration pack. At first I never wanted one because I did not like the idea of wearing a backpack. But a Camelbak representative came to my workplace and I bought one to try. The one thing I did not like about using regular water bottles is that even if I put them in the freezer, the ice would quickly melt and just be plain ol' water in no time at all. With a Camelpak, I can carry up to 100 oz. of water...about four large water bottles worth. Not only that, I can load it with ice, and it will stay cold for sometimes hours, even on a hot day. I use a Camelbak all the time now, not just on the bike.

That's my mirror too. Been through 3 of them so far due to damage, but they're the best.

We also like Mirrycle mirrors the best. 3 out of 4 of our bikes have them. I also had to cut out the rubber ends on one bike's handlebar to install the mirror.

Consider a Camelbak hydration pack. At first I never wanted one because I did not like the idea of wearing a backpack. But a Camelbak representative came to my workplace and I bought one to try. The one thing I did not like about using regular water bottles is that even if I put them in the freezer, the ice would quickly melt and just be plain ol' water in no time at all. With a Camelpak, I can carry up to 100 oz. of water...about four large water bottles worth. Not only that, I can load it with ice, and it will stay cold for sometimes hours, even on a hot day. I use a Camelbak all the time now, not just on the bike.
I use a camelback when I ride my mountain bike on trails. But I sweat profusely and putting something on my back while commuting in the summer is just adding to the problem.

I use a camelback when I ride my mountain bike on trails. But I sweat profusely and putting something on my back while commuting in the summer is just adding to the problem.
Osprey makes nice backpacks that have water reservoirs and have a wire mesh around it to keep the bag off your back.

Ergons are perfect for a made-in-the-USA Mirrycle

Are those grips the same length as the stock ones?

Are those grips the same length as the stock ones?
Shorter, by about the width of the stock grips' inboard end black metal ferrule.

20180315_052855.jpg

Last edited:
Thank s for sharing! I put Ergons on last week, and on my last ride was thinking I should consider a mirror next...

Got my Mirrycle today... paired up with the brown Ergons. Thanks for this thread which brought it to my attention!
IMG_0179.JPG

Shorter, by about the width of the stock grips' inboard end black metal ferrule.

View attachment 20341
Reid, this was about this first issue I had to address with my CCS. I won't ride without a mirror. Though I love the stock
grips, attaching Mirrycle was a real engineering challenge. Undaunted, I finally succeeded by back cutting a circle into
the grip end & using a longer bolt to pick up the conical inner nut. This required numerous attempts but finally got it
The mirror shown is an old golf club mirror I hadd on hand that has since been replaced with a Mirrycle, the only mirror
I've found that stays adjusted.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 901

View attachment 20341
Reid, this was about this first issue I had to address with my CCS. I won't ride without a mirror. Though I love the stock
grips, attaching Mirrycle was a real engineering challenge. Undaunted, I finally succeeded by back cutting a circle into
the grip end & using a longer bolt to pick up the conical inner nut. This required numerous attempts but finally got it
The mirror shown is an old golf club mirror I hadd on hand that has since been replaced with a Mirrycle, the only mirror
I've found that stays adjusted.

Back