Mirrors for the Rook/Colt. Front tire rubbing the front fender?

Mark Baugh

Hello Guys,
Has anyone found bike mirrors that fit well on the Rook/colt?

Also I’m having s devil of a time with the front tire rubbing the front fender , does anyone have the secret to how to mount the fender without the rub factor?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,
For mirrors I prefer helmet mounted or glasses mounted mirrors because the rider has more control over what he is looking at. What I have done for fender rubbing on Rook is use a heat gun or hair dryer with something wedged between the tire and fender to slightly deform the fender.
Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim, I finally solved the front fender fitment issue using a Dremel with a bit used to sharpen chain saws to remove ~ 1/16th of material from the bottom of the slot riveted to the fender.. worked like a charm .. still working on the mirrors 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have had my Rook for 1 1/2 years have had a horrible time with the front fender rubbing. Any time the wheel gets bumped, it causes the fender to shift and it rubs. I decided today to take it off. Other than that, I love the bike!

Thank you for your response, a few days ago I ordered this mirror from Amazon and it's working well.
MEACHOW New Scratch Resistant Glass Lens,Handlebar Bike Mirror, Adjustable Safe Rearview Mirror, Bicycle Mirror,ME-005(2019)

I have had my Rook for 1 1/2 years have had a horrible time with the front fender rubbing. Any time the wheel gets bumped, it causes the fender to shift and it rubs. I decided today to take it off. Other than that, I love the bike!
I finally took mine off this weekend after trying to solve the problem for almost two years. Like you said, any little bump would make the fender rub.

Back