Mechanic Needed S.F. Bay Area

rojagrande

Hi all,
Several years ago, my wife and I bought two ebikes from Motostrano, here in the Bay Area. Sadly, the store closed. Maybe it was that the regular bike shops that once shunned us finally started carrying Ebikes, plus the flood of cheap imports that did it. Now it seems that we have to deal with expensive boutique shops.
Problem is I’m left with a 4 year old BH Easy Motion Evo Cross that needs some mechanical help from a technician that knows the brand. Very frustrating that this this Bike that was once highly recommended at EBR no longer has presence in the U.S.
Im asking if anyone knows of an "old school" mechanic or shop that might be able to help me here in the Bay Area.
Problem is intermittent lack of power. I’ve replaced the control panel.Didn’t help. Thinking it might be a sensor issue.
J.R. Helped me out with sourcing parts if needed.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers!
RG.

I share your pain with Motostrano closing in the Bay Area last year. ;)

It looks like you need to find a mechanic who is familiar with the Dapu motor system... a bit more difficult to locate than Shimano, Bosch, or Yamaha support.

Last edited:
I would call around to any former BH dealers in your area. I talked to a few that said they were willing to try to help people if they could. It could be expensive to repair.

If that doesn't work Pedego uses Dapu. I don't know if they'd be able to help. They might not be allowed to by their corporate office.

Those ebikes from BH from 2015/2016 had some issues.

Is the loss of power when using throttle/PAS or for both ?

BH dropped Dapu and went with Yamaha in 2017/2018.

Not for all models, and i don't think the issues , had to do with the Dapu motor. Is very reliable .
My 2018 Nitro city with the 860watts Dapu rides impeccably.

Most likely is the torque sensor/controller.
There are many different variants of torque sensors and controllers for BH.

Hi all,
Several years ago, my wife and I bought two ebikes from Motostrano, here in the Bay Area. Sadly, the store closed. Maybe it was that the regular bike shops that once shunned us finally started carrying Ebikes, plus the flood of cheap imports that did it. Now it seems that we have to deal with expensive boutique shops.
Problem is I’m left with a 4 year old BH Easy Motion Evo Cross that needs some mechanical help from a technician that knows the brand. Very frustrating that this this Bike that was once highly recommended at EBR no longer has presence in the U.S.
Im asking if anyone knows of an "old school" mechanic or shop that might be able to help me here in the Bay Area.
Problem is intermittent lack of power. I’ve replaced the control panel.Didn’t help. Thinking it might be a sensor issue.
J.R. Helped me out with sourcing parts if needed.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers!
RG.

Call New Wheel in San Francisco. They used to carry BH and are familiar with the system. Here is a service video they made 6 years ago.
They have very good service department.

Back