Looking for active feedback, beta testers ... etc etc

pushkar

All,

I have been engaged with some of you on a somewhat informal basis to get advice / feedback etc. However as we look at the next 6-12 months, we are working on a lot of exciting stuff including the new transition to Carbon (will post about that soon), some super exciting products (bikes and accessories), I am looking for help from you!

Here is what specifically I am looking for - I will request that you sign an NDA (till the products are publicly launched).

1. 2-5 people who have either bought / committed to/ are willing to commit to buying a bike from Watt Wagons (e.g. the new UC Pro), to provide inputs on the new redesigns, spec, competition, and help in marketing (EBR, ads, FB, IG etc etc). Hybrid advisor / ambassador role. Here is a generic profile (one or more)

- Experience with unique use cases - cargo, camping, hunting, paints, tires, tracking / tracing features.
- Folks with experience in super long distance commuting (300+ miles road or off road trip with 50+ miles legs). Riding experience on a FS bike is a plus.
- Experience riding in somewhat inclement weather (snow, rain) with full gear - multiple batteries, chargers, tent etc on board.

2. 5 beta testers for people in the New England area to test our bikes for 3 days to a week at time. You pick up the built bike, battery and charger ... and return it in working condition after testing. All bikes will be size medium. What I need from you - 2-3 specific improvement items (could be as specific as brake line length needs to be shorter or longer) + 5-10 min video of somethign interesting (terrain / bike / something you liked etc)

Here is a rider profile that I am looking for
- Experience with riding on bike paths, greenways, using different styles of lights
- Experience with a mid-high end analog FS trail bike, using navigation or apps like strava
- Experience with derailleurs and gearing best practices (i.e. gear up / down while riding challenging trails).

Note - this testing is at no cost to you. Just try not to break stuff :) .

Why am I doing this ?
1. There is a real opportunity to improve our products.
2. Some of you may have experience with the types of new products I am working on.
3. I want to continue to invest in building an active WW community.

How much commitment ?
1. Advisors / ambassador - 1-2 hours a month. Email / Phone is great.
2. Beta testers - based on bike availability ~100 miles riding per test. We will have a couple of incredible bikes ready to ride in by October 10th, so this is time sensitive.

Love to be involved have logged 4k miles on ebikes in the last 18 months in Florida and Maryland. Mostly flatland in Florida.

I would love to participate, but by your criteria I probably don’t qualify. If you still need volunteers, give me a shout.

I'm not meeting the criteria list, but let me know if there's another method I can volunteer.

I'm another that doesn't meet your criteria, but interested if you still need volunteers. I used to commute about 20 miles a day round trip plus about 80 miles of recreational trail riding (hardtail) on weekends, but no longer commute due to covid. Once I get my watt wagon, I was going to experiment riding 30 miles to work (with lots of climbing) each way rather than taking the bike on public transportation, but it would be a once-a-week commute and not 5 times a week.

When you need someone to beta a value light ebike... hit me up. :)

But seriously, I admire this kind of community outreach from a company... I only read good things about pushkar and WW and I like this approach.

I fit into Group 1 pretty well, so I would be interested. DC also has a huge active biking community that will be a good idea to try to tap into. I dont have social media and no plans for it but plugged in with folks in the local fitness and biking community that do.

Depending on the covid, I plan on some tours next spring. So I'd love to take one of your bikes for a spin.

...Just try not to break stuff :) .

Where's the fun in that? I promise to ride the bike hard and get it very dirty.

I’m in the area and meet most of the requirements for group 2. I don’t have experience with FS bikes. Helping WW grow would be a pleasure. Testing your new bikes would be a blast!

Hi Pushkar... I sent you a PM. Would be glad to participate while I'm in your area next month. This seems like an excellent opportunity for both the vendor and consumer, and I'm happy to support the WW cause :) Keep me updated. Thanks.

All,

I have been engaged with some of you on a somewhat informal basis to get advice / feedback etc. However as we look at the next 6-12 months, we are working on a lot of exciting stuff including the new transition to Carbon (will post about that soon), some super exciting products (bikes and accessories), I am looking for help from you!

Here is what specifically I am looking for - I will request that you sign an NDA (till the products are publicly launched).

1. 2-5 people who have either bought / committed to/ are willing to commit to buying a bike from Watt Wagons (e.g. the new UC Pro), to provide inputs on the new redesigns, spec, competition, and help in marketing (EBR, ads, FB, IG etc etc). Hybrid advisor / ambassador role. Here is a generic profile (one or more)

- Experience with unique use cases - cargo, camping, hunting, paints, tires, tracking / tracing features.
- Folks with experience in super long distance commuting (300+ miles road or off road trip with 50+ miles legs). Riding experience on a FS bike is a plus.
- Experience riding in somewhat inclement weather (snow, rain) with full gear - multiple batteries, chargers, tent etc on board.

2. 5 beta testers for people in the New England area to test our bikes for 3 days to a week at time. You pick up the built bike, battery and charger ... and return it in working condition after testing. All bikes will be size medium. What I need from you - 2-3 specific improvement items (could be as specific as brake line length needs to be shorter or longer) + 5-10 min video of somethign interesting (terrain / bike / something you liked etc)

Here is a rider profile that I am looking for
- Experience with riding on bike paths, greenways, using different styles of lights
- Experience with a mid-high end analog FS trail bike, using navigation or apps like strava
- Experience with derailleurs and gearing best practices (i.e. gear up / down while riding challenging trails).

Note - this testing is at no cost to you. Just try not to break stuff :) .

Why am I doing this ?
1. There is a real opportunity to improve our products.
2. Some of you may have experience with the types of new products I am working on.
3. I want to continue to invest in building an active WW community.

How much commitment ?
1. Advisors / ambassador - 1-2 hours a month. Email / Phone is great.
2. Beta testers - based on bike availability ~100 miles riding per test. We will have a couple of incredible bikes ready to ride in by October 10th, so this is time sensitive.

good evening pushkar, philjohnston here we spoke last week regarding the Archon X1 and also your carbon fiber bikes. a had your request in the Forum regarding looking for bikers to do testing.
I do not fit the criteria but I do have a lot of component knowledge and pretty much know quite a bit about every bike that is out there and pretty much all the specs of all those bikes. I have been researching heavily every day for the past eight to 10 months. All bikes all frames wall components all Motors. I have to get the maximum out of my investment. as everyone should.

Last edited:
good evening pushkar, philjohnston here we spoke last week regarding the Akon X1 also we got him horny off carbon fiber bikes a senior Tucson Frey form regarding looking for bikers to do testing I do not fit the criteria but I do have a lot of component knowledge and pretty much know quite a bit about every bike that is out there and pretty much all the specs of all those bikes. I have been researching heavily every day for the past eight to 10 months. All bikes all frames wall components all Motors. I have to get the maximum out of my investment. as everyone should.
My apologies to you Pushkar and anyone that might read this message ,it was done through voice text and I did not proof read before I hit the button.
won't happen again

I you are on mobile and do not see an edit option, you can click on the 3 dots below your post and there will be an edit option as well as a delete option.

Back