Leon / NCM return policy?

pathfinder

Region
USA
So for an $1900 bike I need to pay $510 to return it and it has to be unopened? I'm 6.4" and was just about to order a T1000 but I think I'm gonna pass. Sounds like Im screwed if I don't fit. Oh well on to the second choice.

eBike Return Policy:

All returns must be initiated within 14 days.

A $150 return shipping fee applies, and it will be withheld from the total refund amount.

A 20% restocking fee will be withheld from the refund.

*When returning an eBike, the box must be sealed and unopened. All returns must be unused, and in the original packaging and condition in which they were received.

Sounds reasonable to me. They're not Walmart.
Yeah, now that u mention it a 27% loss isn't that bad for buying something online with no option of seeing it beforehand.

Maybe I should order 2 to help figure out which model works best.

Feel free to explain your rational for charging 20%[$400] for accepting an unopened box with me paying for the return.

Under what scenario would a consumer order a $2000 item and return it without looking at the item, other than it's being a gift? Maybe I should check to see what rides Walmart has in stock.

I myself would not order any bike blindly. I would go out of my way to be able to see one in person to know exactly how it is before I would order one.

Now the company that is selling you that bike is just trying to cover their butts so that they don’t end up losing money on it because someone has decided that they don’t want it.

Even if it is just an open box, most people do not want to buy it unless they get a big discount. So why should the company lose because someone never did their homework.

Some of these companies are small and don’t have huge mark ups, so does not give them much wiggle room to lose money.

I think there are to many companies out there that have too much of a lax return policies. Makes it harder on the smaller companies out there. To many people take advantage of those lax return policies and it just ruins it for everyone else with legit returns.

Bruce

Yeah, now that u mention it a 27% loss isn't that bad for buying something online with no option of seeing it beforehand.

Feel free to explain your rational for charging 20%[$400] for accepting an unopened box with me paying for the return.

Under what scenario would a consumer order a $2000 item and return it without looking at the item, other than it's being a gift? Maybe I should check to see what rides Walmart has in stock.
The rationale is simple. If it were my shop, I can't afford to eat your return and I don't want you as a customer if you're going to buy three ebikes from three vendors and return two or all of them.

I don't know what goes into their returns, but if it involves taking it out of the box, making sure the bike works, isn't scratched, damaged, etc as well as repacking then, well, labor adds up. Not to mention the time spent processing the bike in and out of the warehouse. It's also highly likely there to discourage people from making a quick decision to buy, just to return the bike because of something they could have known about if they did a little research. I don't blame Leon for that. All the measurements for the bike are online (but, frankly, are not *all* as important for an ebike as a regular bike, I'd argue), there are tons of pictures and it doesn't take a lot of research to determine the plusses and minuses of the bike (right here!). There are risks when buying anything online and this is one of them but in return you're often paying less than in store, and, as far as NCM goes, less than many other online ebike companies. Companies exist to make money. I guess the alternative would be to charge more for the bike and less for returns, but as someone who does their homework, I don't want to pay for others not doing theirs.

Who said anything about buying 3 bikes and returning 2.
Original question is related to the fact that im 6.4". Customer service says I'll fit (even though they rec 6.2 as max height).
If you did own the shop I doubt you would be 1st choice to buy from.

Back