Lectric XP

Have you done anything with these? They should work, if you pound out the old cups first. What do you plan to do?
Got it all to work. Had to make a few tools. A tool to remove and a tool to install the cups. Once you have the right tools it's a piece of cake. Got it all together this last weekend.

im with some problem.
my display dont let me change nothing. maybe its locked for chilread someting like that

any tips? i have checked the wired
:(

So with all this discussion of the XP's low price point and shipping delays, I began to think to myself "what does the $500 difference between an XP and a Rad Mini/Stepthru buy you?" (XP now $999). So here are my thoughts about that:
  • Reliable shipping. I purchased my Rad Mini on 5/12/19. Left the facility 5/14. Arrived in WNY 5/20. Rad Power Bikes does not do pre-ordering. They do not take orders unless they have stock. You can only make an actual purchase when they have stock to ship, so you're never in doubt about the money you've put on your credit card. This is also true of accessories; if there is no stock, you can't buy. Rather than waiting for your shipment to arrive, you're waiting for stock to be replenished. And if you join their mailing list and ask to be informed when that is, they tell you a few days in advance. I had to wait for fenders and a rear rack, but when they were in stock, same deal - easy shipping. I should note that both Lectric and RadPower use Shopify to handle their ordering. With the XP, your bike comes off the ship, sent to the 3rd party handler, sent to FedEx, and then off to you. The XP guys probably never personally handle your bike at all, which makes the fact that these bikes seem to arrive in very decent shape all the more fascinating.
  • Customer service. Your $500 helps to pay the wages and benefits of their full service staff, as well as their investment in their new facility. I spent March-June in the Olympia area, so I had the opportunity to go up and see their new facility in Seattle's Ballard section. Very impressive. That's where I took my test ride. There were three people staffing the show floor, and at least another 5 that I saw back in what appeared to be the service section. And RadPower was clearly hiring more staff. Every time I sent an email for customer service, my issue was dealt with quite smoothly. I actually screwed up and ordered a set of Rad Rover fenders instead of Rad Mini fenders, and I tried to cancel my order within 30 minutes of placing it (which you can't do on line). One of the customer service supervisors noticed my email and my error, corrected it, and did not charge me a re-stocking fee or any other fee to cancel the order. They ate the return charges to have FedEx re-direct the package back to them. Lectric, as far as I know, has three employees, although someone did say they were hiring more. No employees and a small front office/storefront really cuts costs for them.
  • Slightly better components. A 750 watt motor, 48V 14ah battery, front suspension fork, Kenda puncture-proof tires specifically designed for the RadMini, 180mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes, brake light function on rear taillight. The XP's components are not far off, but you do get the fenders and rear rack included.
So, is all that combined worth the $500 difference to you? Naturally, that's your call. For me, given my very particular situation, it's worth the wait to get the XP because I feel it will still do what I need it to do, and I could not afford another $1500 plus accessories (rack, fenders). But for those wondering why Lectric can offer the XP for so much less, consider all the factors above, and it might not be so surprising as to how they do it. You may have saved $500/600 in cash money, but you may be paying in time lost and aggravation.
My XP was my first Ebike and it was my first learning bike as well. Now that I have been educated I would have gladly spent the additional $500 bucks, I probably spent that already in accessories for my XP. The XP is a great introductory bike if you are looking for a street cruiser for cheap transportation. If your older and just want to peddle around town this is the bike for you. My wife can not ride my bike because it is too high for her, would I buy the step-through for her from Lecrtric I don't think so. I am looking at the Bolton bikes for her.

My XP was my first Ebike and it was my first learning bike as well. Now that I have been educated I would have gladly spent the additional $500 bucks, I probably spent that already in accessories for my XP. The XP is a great introductory bike if you are looking for a street cruiser for cheap transportation. If your older and just want to peddle around town this is the bike for you. My wife can not ride my bike because it is too high for her, would I buy the step-through for her from Lecrtric I don't think so. I am looking at the Bolton bikes for her.

I agree. The XP is a great starter to get your feet wet and to commute or cruise bike paths and trips to the store. I am giving my kids my XP and making room for my next machine...

So with all this discussion of the XP's low price point and shipping delays, I began to think to myself "what does the $500 difference between an XP and a Rad Mini/Stepthru buy you?" (XP now $999). So here are my thoughts about that:
  • Reliable shipping. I purchased my Rad Mini on 5/12/19. Left the facility 5/14. Arrived in WNY 5/20. Rad Power Bikes does not do pre-ordering. They do not take orders unless they have stock. You can only make an actual purchase when they have stock to ship, so you're never in doubt about the money you've put on your credit card. This is also true of accessories; if there is no stock, you can't buy. Rather than waiting for your shipment to arrive, you're waiting for stock to be replenished. And if you join their mailing list and ask to be informed when that is, they tell you a few days in advance. I had to wait for fenders and a rear rack, but when they were in stock, same deal - easy shipping. I should note that both Lectric and RadPower use Shopify to handle their ordering. With the XP, your bike comes off the ship, sent to the 3rd party handler, sent to FedEx, and then off to you. The XP guys probably never personally handle your bike at all, which makes the fact that these bikes seem to arrive in very decent shape all the more fascinating.
  • Customer service. Your $500 helps to pay the wages and benefits of their full service staff, as well as their investment in their new facility. I spent March-June in the Olympia area, so I had the opportunity to go up and see their new facility in Seattle's Ballard section. Very impressive. That's where I took my test ride. There were three people staffing the show floor, and at least another 5 that I saw back in what appeared to be the service section. And RadPower was clearly hiring more staff. Every time I sent an email for customer service, my issue was dealt with quite smoothly. I actually screwed up and ordered a set of Rad Rover fenders instead of Rad Mini fenders, and I tried to cancel my order within 30 minutes of placing it (which you can't do on line). One of the customer service supervisors noticed my email and my error, corrected it, and did not charge me a re-stocking fee or any other fee to cancel the order. They ate the return charges to have FedEx re-direct the package back to them. Lectric, as far as I know, has three employees, although someone did say they were hiring more. No employees and a small front office/storefront really cuts costs for them.
  • Slightly better components. A 750 watt motor, 48V 14ah battery, front suspension fork, Kenda puncture-proof tires specifically designed for the RadMini, 180mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes, brake light function on rear taillight. The XP's components are not far off, but you do get the fenders and rear rack included.
So, is all that combined worth the $500 difference to you? Naturally, that's your call. For me, given my very particular situation, it's worth the wait to get the XP because I feel it will still do what I need it to do, and I could not afford another $1500 plus accessories (rack, fenders). But for those wondering why Lectric can offer the XP for so much less, consider all the factors above, and it might not be so surprising as to how they do it. You may have saved $500/600 in cash money, but you may be paying in time lost and aggravation.

I've had great luck with Lectric's customer service (Abbie). I ordered the regular XP instead of the step thru. I emailed them, and they responded the next day, and changed the order. I also added an alternate address in case I'm out of town when my bike ships. Again, quick reply, no problem.

I do agree with the pre pay, long wait issue. You shouldn't have to pay the entire amount up front.

These bikes were at a decent price point for what we wanted. Occasional rides with the grandkids, and mainly for using at campgrounds.

What I don't like about it is having to break out my phone when my vehicle already has an odometer. I should be able to just use it.

Also, I don't have extra grey cells laying around lol. How many miles was that to the store, 8? No, it was 8 on the odometer, which means it's really 10. No, I was using my phone the day I measured it, so it really is 8. No, I had my phone with me but I didn't use it which means it was really 8, which means it was really 10. That's no way to do data. Just mho.

Edit: But of course there is no solution to it, so it's just spilled milk.
I have small Garmin Nuvi and that is first thing going on the bars after my hands.. :)

So I've got a different topic I've been wanting to bring to light. The charger Lectric sent me works fine however the AC cable just doesn't securely fit into the power brick. It fits, but as an electronic device goes it just doesn't feel snug and right. If moved,it can easily lose connection. This isn't a problem if left alone but if my dog stumbles upon it and knocks it loose my battery will no longer charge. Annoying, ugh! Anyone else eXPerience this issue? (Pun fully intended, see pics below...)

I found other cables here at work that fit a lot more snug and securely but they're rated at 7a/125v... Bummer. The OEM cable is rated at 10a/250v. Any ideas?

View attachment 40028
View attachment 40029
View attachment 40030
Unless you are going to plug into a 240v system (Not in the USA without a different plug) it will not be an. Most laptops use these two connection type cords.

Do you mind me asking how much a new controller is from Lectric? Also, are you only having to change out the controller? no other damaged parts? Curious to know what needs to be waterproofed or looked after.
I own two Lectric XP bikes and also need to replace both display controllers due to moisture. One developed moisture in display sitting in my garage in San Diego (no rain, low humidity but near the ocean)! I took both bikes on an RV trip, on a Hollywood rack covered by an expensive Stagman bike cover, but got into a rain storm. Now neither display works at all and one of the bikes is completely dead (the other works but nothing on display). It really sucks that I have travelled 5000 miles in an RV with no usable electric bikes to enjoy! Lectric is sending me 2 replacement displays for $69/each. I hope it works, but I am disappointed how even with a bike cover the display is so vulnerable to water damage. I plan on buying a waterproof electric box from Home Depot yo try and prevent recurrences, but seem they need to seal the display controllers better.

This is disappointing. Was your controller actually wet? A cheap replacement should be less than $50. Let us know what Lectric wants to charge you.
damaged parts? Curious to know what needs to be waterproofed or looked after.
I own two Lectric XP bikes and also need to replace both display controllers due to moisture. One developed moisture in display sitting in my garage in San Diego (no rain, low humidity but near the ocean)! I took both bikes on an RV trip, on a Hollywood rack covered by an expensive Stagman bike cover, but got into a rain storm. Now neither display works at all and one of the bikes is completely dead (the other works but nothing on display). It really sucks that I have travelled 5000 miles in an RV with no usable electric bikes to enjoy! Lectric is sending me 2 replacement displays for $69/each. I hope it works, but I am disappointed how even with a bike cover the display is so vulnerable to water damage. I plan on buying a waterproof electric box from Home Depot to try and prevent recurrences, but seem they need to seal the display controllers better.

Has anyone ever ridden in the rain with their bike? Well, don't do it because Lectric won't fix it if it breaks! Especially if you tell them it got wet. Their warranty does not cover getting it wet at all. I learned the hard way after riding in the rain a couple of days ago. Bike died and the display went out and I smelled electrical smoke. I took the controller out tonight and found it's the source of the smoke smell. Katie at Lectric told me the bad news. I'm really surprised the bike isn't more water-resistant. I really figured you could ride this thing just like a normal bike. Expensive mistake and now I need a new controller. :(

these fit on the display perfectly.
Did you find that in my post in Accessories & Parts on July 30th, or discover it independently?

There are photos of the protectors installed on my XP in the link. I'm afraid they won't provide any weather resistance unfortunately.

Did you find that in my post in Accessories & Parts on July 30th, or discover it independently?

There are photos of the protectors installed on my XP in the link. I'm afraid they won't provide any weather resistance unfortunately.

No, I found them in your post from awhile back. My son now drives the XP and I had him order the lenses. He installed on XP and said it fits perfectly. He has 2 extra lenses and we are going to try and see if they will fit my Espin Sport display as well. Thanks for the tip Draver!

Back