Lectric XP

Absolutely, I went back and saw you had posted in it so I should check first I guess. Anyway, glad it worked for you as well as me.

As far as waterproofing, I think if I knew I'd be riding in the rain I would just get about a 1 foot square of Saran Wrap and use that to protect the screen and it's edges from water. Might not be perfect but should afford decent protection as a temp solution.

As far as waterproofing, I think if I knew I'd be riding in the rain I would just get about a 1 foot square of Saran Wrap and use that to protect the screen and it's edges from water. Might not be perfect but should afford decent protection as a temp solution.
As a desert rat, the day I see it raining here is a day my Ebike stable stays in the barn. If I lived in Portland or Seattle I'm not sure how gung ho I would be to ride my bike in the rain. I'm not sure even the LBS will back you up when you roll your Bulls Iconic into the shop and tell them the motor quit as you were riding down to Starbucks yesterday in the rain...

So thinking more of picking up this bike. Is Saran wrap for the display the best solution for riding in the rain(if caught in a down pour).

Should the tires be replaced out of the box? I've read that some people feel unstable at high speeds.

Any other immediate mods or upgrades advised or pre-order suggestions to the builders?

Also I see alot of people putting these bikes away in colder seasons.. so these not perform well in cold weather?

Thanks!

Last edited:
So thinking more of picking up this bike. Is Saran wrap for the display the best solution for riding in the rain(if caught in a down pour).

Should the tires be replaced out of the box? I've read that some people feel unstable at high speeds.

Any other immediate mods or upgrades advised or pre-order suggestions to the builders?

Thanks!
First of all don't ride in the rain. When it rains, go into a dark bar and play pool-whoops wait, we cant do that anymore. Seriously, if you ride in the rain and you short your bike out and it goes kaput, you will probably have a tough time getting the seller to send you a new one. If you use the glass cover that I posted earlier, you should be ok in case of a drizzle, but I would still carry a sandwich bag with a rubber band in your storage area said the desert rat that hasn't seen rain in Lord knows how long! No tires are fine. Only mods I would consider right away are Mirrcyle rear view mirrow and Suntour seat post....

First of all don't ride in the rain. When it rains, go into a dark bar and play pool-whoops wait, we cant do that anymore. Seriously, if you ride in the rain and you short your bike out and it goes kaput, you will probably have a tough time getting the seller to send you a new one. If you use the glass cover that I posted earlier, you should be ok in case of a drizzle, but I would still carry a sandwich bag with a rubber band in your storage area said the desert rat that hasn't seen rain in Lord knows how long! No tires are fine. Only mods I would consider right away are Mirrcyle rear view mirrow and Suntour seat post....
That's a great idea. We will do that as we are in WA ST.

Also I see alot of people putting these bikes away in colder seasons.. so these not perform well in cold weather?

Thanks!
I ride 28mph, 7 miles to work and 7 miles back, every day. City streets, pot holes, terrible surfaces etc. No issues with the tires. The issue you will have is the small handle bar width making small adjustments feel like big adjustments, ie “unstable”. I have the Velo Orange Klunker and it is a dream.

Confirming rain is bad idea. These bikes are just not built for it.

Can also confirm cold weather affects battery performance. It’s getting cold here quick in Chicago and I’m definitely losing some range/power.

EDIT: oh and lastly, the 11-28t freewheel (or 11-34t if you live in a hilly area) is an absolute MUST If you are looking to cycle over 20mph.

I ride 28mph, 7 miles to work and 7 miles back, every day. City streets, pot holes, terrible surfaces etc. No issues with the tires. The issue you will have is the small handle bar width making small adjustments feel like big adjustments, ie “unstable”. I have the Velo Orange Klunker and it is a dream.

Confirming rain is bad idea. These bikes are just not built for it.

Can also confirm cold weather affects battery performance. It’s getting cold here quick in Chicago and I’m definitely losing some range/power.

EDIT: oh and lastly, the 11-28t freewheel (or 11-34t if you live in a hilly area) is an absolute MUST If you are looking to cycle over 20mph.

So Epic, on rainy Chitown days, you take a car or public trans?

A trailer might be tricky make sure you get one that attatches to the seat post because a lot of them attatch to the frame right in front of the rear hub. Guess what? These bikes dont have that bar that extends from the rear hub to the crank( pedal area). If you want a child seat you should get a rear rack that they have on rad bikes. They are thicker and have an integrated mount on them to accept child seats.

The trailers are nice though i have one for my other bikes. You can hardly feel them behind you even on a non motorized bike. I got a 2 seater even though i only have one kid. You can load it up with your kid and a ton of groceries or a picnic.
Do you know if the rear rack from rad bikes can be installed and fits on the lectric bike? If yes, do you know which rear rack specifically since Rad has multiple rear racks.

Do you know if the rear rack from rad bikes can be installed and fits on the lectric bike? If yes, do you know which rear rack specifically since Rad has multiple rear racks.

Why would you want the rear rack from a Rad, the Lectric rack is fine and dandy

I'm really enjoying my XP. Honestly even though it's got locked down settings, has some basic components and isn't "top-of-the-line" or the best at anything in particular, it's still really fun to ride. It has put a smile on my face and for the $900 it was worth the wait. I don't regret it as my first ebike.

Taking it up to 28 MPH was thrilling but with the stock gearing I won't be using that sort of speed much. Way too much pedaling effort. So I'm going to upgrade the freewheel and the chainring possibly next Spring. Winter is coming so I'm just going to ride as much as I can the way it is.

I guess I'll upgrade the seatpost as well seeing as most that have already done so gave such positive feedback. I may as well try a comfier springed seat too.

Another thing I'd like to add is an additional seat to be able to take my 2 year old son for a ride. I'm just not sure if I should go for a rear mounted seat (some attach to the rear rack) or a pull trailer he can sit in. The trailer would probably be heavier but more spacious and comfortable. The seat he would be looking at my back all the time. Any opinions on this?
What did you end up doing for the child seat? I'm interested to know since i'm also wanting to install something similar.
Why would you want the rear rack from a Rad, the Lectric rack is fine and dandy
I'm future proofing my child seat. I want the child seat to be compatible with both bikes that I may have (Lectric and Rad Wagon). I might interchange the child seat.

The Lectric is now the boys around town Uber eats delivery machine. I did the Suntour seatpost and Giddy Up Saddle. He has done the front suspension conversion, handlebars, milk crate on the back, gloss wrapped and has ordered a thumb throttle. He is having fun driving around town dropping off food on the XP.

Attachments

• Lectric wrapped.jpg
    Lectric wrapped.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 928
100% on the money. The twist throttle can be a bit straining on your wrist.. Thumb seems a little less stress...
More importantly, you can control the bike with full grips of both hands, and accelerate at the same time. Very important to be able to do both at the same time if you are city riding. City drivers can be brainless and dangerous.

Anyone had luck installing a thumb throttle, I found one that has the same 3 pin connector but I get E08. I cut it open and tried different combinations of the wires and was still unable to get it working, either E08 or E10 error, one combination gave no error but the throttle didn't work.

Anyone had luck installing a thumb throttle, I found one that has the same 3 pin connector but I get E08. I cut it open and tried different combinations of the wires and was still unable to get it working, either E08 or E10 error, one combination gave no error but the throttle didn't work.
My son attempted and it was a fail. He said the minute you pressed the thumb throttle, it went to max. No graduation. He ended up keeping the twist and shortening a rather expensive grip. (he cut it down fine)
Below is the one we ordered.

I went the super lazy route and got me one of these "thumb throttle" works great much better for small adjustments compare to the twist throttle

Back