Lectric XP

Sed, I got my air suspension fork installed thanks to you and Bob. I have a question for you. When you had your air fork installed, did you feel feedback through the handlebars like you did when the original steer fork was installed? I feel it on my air suspension fork and wanted to make sure that was normal. Thanks so much for your help in determining the cause of too much play. I had to cut an additional 1/8 inch off the tube and my cut wasn't straight so I had to get a file out to even it out. I like the ride quality of the air suspension fork, but I've got to test it out on a longer drive though.

I'm glad I could be of help!

Based on what I saw on the reviews and the foldability and of course the price, I took a chance and pre-ordered two of them for our RV. They won't arrive until early August. I'll come back with more info then.

Us too, ordered 2 for taking to campgrounds. I researched for a month or so, and these looked like the best bang for the buck on what we were looking for. Just sucks paying up front, and having to wait this long.

Me neither, please clarify.
Sed6 and Bob, what I mean is this. When I hit a bump, I can feel in the handlebars a slight jolt, a feeling like something is hitting against something. It's not a big jolt, but it is enough to notice. It doesn't happen often. The original fork did the same thing. I don't think there is a problem with the bike though. I don't think there is nothing wrong with my assembly. There is no play in the assembly fork assembly so it should be okay.

Last edited:
Not very. Lots. Too long and it'll never get tight. Too short doesn't matter much. Even 1/8-1/4 inch short is okay.
If it is too short, you'll end up having to find a longer screw to secure the folding stem to the star nut. Sed6, I am thinking correctly, right? Thanks.

Hello, how accurate did your cut have to be? how much room for error is there? Getting ready to cut mine down soon.
If you are installing a threadless folding stem to your XP with the air suspension fork, you just have to assemble your headset parts (cones, bearings, compression ring, etc.), air fork, and cap all together to the bike frame and then make a mark on the tube of the air fork. Then, you add approximately 7/8" to 1" of extra length to the tube and make the second mark. The second mark is where you cut the tube. If your star nut doesn't come with a screw, you'll have to purchase an M6 threaded screw to secure the threadless folding stem to the star nut in the final assembly.

Note: when you assemble all the parts together, you want to make sure the whole assembly is mating together properly to ensure that there is no play in the assembly of the parts when you make the 1st mark on the air fork tube. This is very important or you'll end up cutting the tube a second time like I had to do.

Last edited:
Not very. Lots. Too long and it'll never get tight. Too short doesn't matter much. Even 1/8-1/4 inch short is okay.
Hello again,

General question about the conversion. Does the race part come with the headset or do you need to reuse the old one?

Hello again,

General question about the conversion. Does the race part come with the headset or do you need to reuse the old one?
I believe most headsets come with crown race. The H185 did...

You could also re-use your old one if you wanted too...but no point if you get a new one

Hello again,

The old fork has the crown race molded in. The new headset will come with a crown race which you hammer on your new fork with a PVC or metal pipe about 2" in diameter.

I know the headset seems a bit of a mystery but it really is very simple pretty much any 44 mm semi integrated headset will work. Here are some links to a few sellers on eBay with USA stock.

Just do a search for semi integrated 44 mm and you'll find all kind of results. About the only real difference is the top cap some of them are flat and some of them are angled some of them are cone-shaped, they all will match up to the bottom of the new threadless stem quite nicely.

Hello again,

I bought the 2nd one and have a general question, Are you supposed to use the bearings / cups on this set? They are integrated together and it doesn't look right. The video that shows the installation of the h185 Neco headset looks like it uses only bearings top and bottom with spacer's to fine tune. It does not look like they are using any additional cups. Are we supposed to re use the original bearing / spacers? I have attached an image regarding the parts in question. They are the pieces in red. Thanks,

headset.jpg

Has anyone had shipping issues with Alliexpress and these forks? Every time I order they make it to customs and they refuses package , happened 3 times now 2 different stores .. I live in California , and have ordered products in past from Alliexpress with no problem , Anyone have any idea? Maybe my china social buying score is too low ? =) seems odd

Has anyone had shipping issues with Alliexpress and these forks? Every time I order they make it to customs and they refuses package , happened 3 times now 2 different stores .. I live in California , and have ordered products in past from Alliexpress with no problem , Anyone have any idea? Maybe my china social buying score is too low ? =) seems odd
I ordered from this store on Aliexpress:

I ordered the oil shock and I'm also located in California. Shipping was the usual and nothing wrong on my end. Were you able to find a headset?

Hello again,

I bought the 2nd one and have a general question, Are you supposed to use the bearings / cups on this set? They are integrated together and it doesn't look right. The video that shows the installation of the h185 Neco headset looks like it uses only bearings top and bottom with spacer's to fine tune. It does not look like they are using any additional cups. Are we supposed to re use the original bearing / spacers? I have attached an image regarding the parts in question. They are the pieces in red. Thanks,

View attachment 62222
I can't quite tell from the picture what type of bearings that headset uses. Can you send a better picture of the bearings?

Hello again,

View attachment 62222
Looks good. You won't use those two red cups, they are extra. Your frame has a top and bottom bearing cup already installed that you're going to reuse. The new bearings match the old cups perfect, that's why we went thru the hassle to find just the right headset.

IF you want to remove the headset cups (not hard to do) then your options become much greater as there is a wider variety of headsets choose from.

I used the Rubin Store and the person shipped it a different way the 2nd attempt for that store (I think the person shipping it at a higher cost, but they didn't charge me extra for shipping - I'm guessing they wanted to make a sell). I didn't have a problem receiving it the 2nd time around. I bought the air suspension fork.

I can't quite tell from the picture what type of bearings that headset uses. Can you send a better picture of the bearings?
Here's the best I can do. It appears that the bearing and cup are integrated? not sure. I did not want to try and force the bearings out due to fear of ruining them.

IMG_20200813_081023.jpg

I used the Rubin Store and the person shipped it a different way the 2nd attempt for that store (I think the person shipping it at a higher cost, but they didn't charge me extra for shipping - I'm guessing they wanted to make a sell). I didn't have a problem receiving it the 2nd time around. I bought the air suspension fork.

That's the 2nd store I tried from , still can't figure out why .. o well just wait and see , thanks for reply

Looks like a new company entered into the e-bike arena. Has anyone had any experience with this company or bike? It checks a lot of boxes for me. There are a few sponsored youtube videos on the bike.

https://lectricebikes.com/collections/xp-accessories/products/lectric-xp
I just received my Lectric XP (white) yesterday. So far, so good. It came completely assembled, just air up the tires and top off the battery and you're on the road. What fun! $955 with tax and free shipping.

Back