Lectric XP

I went the super lazy route and got me one of these "thumb throttle" works great much better for small adjustments compare to the twist throttle
This is a nice simple solution. I wonder if there are any others similar to this.

I went the super lazy route and got me one of these "thumb throttle" works great much better for small adjustments compare to the twist throttle
Did exactly the same. Works perfectly and gives me back control when accelerating.

Thanks to your recommendation, I bought one of these and it's by far the best upgrade I've done to my XP so far. Thank you for posting it!

Hey guys, just wanted to pass on a simple hack to make a thumb throttle for one penny. Just attach a zip tie to the half throttle and cut off the excess. Saw this tip in a Jeremiah Mcintosh video. I wasn't really like the half throttle so I prefer this very much. look at 8:20 mark

How fast can you guys pedal your Lectric Xp with no PAS? I'm new to cycling, and in decent shape if I am being slightly generous, and in my 30s. I can't seem to really maintain more than 10mph comfortably, is it just a matter of the bike weighing so much, me being that out of shape, or maybe something is wrong with my bike? Again I know very little about bikes, shifting often seems a little loud and clunky.

Hey guys, just wanted to pass on a simple hack to make a thumb throttle for one penny. Just attach a zip tie to the half throttle and cut off the excess. Saw this tip in a Jeremiah Mcintosh video. I wasn't really like the half throttle so I prefer this very much. look at 8:20 mark

How fast can you guys pedal your Lectric Xp with no PAS? I'm new to cycling, and in decent shape if I am being slightly generous, and in my 30s. I can't seem to really maintain more than 10mph comfortably, is it just a matter of the bike weighing so much, me being that out of shape, or maybe something is wrong with my bike? Again I know very little about bikes, shifting often seems a little loud and clunky.
much cheaper than the 20$ thumb throttle thanx for this tip!

In regard to the ODO error. Simply telling the LCD that the wheels are 16” will get you to within a few % of accurate!

New member here. Much quieter here this year. Have an XP on order and lots of accessories. Excellent forum. I have acquired a lot of info reading all 165 pages that I thought would take me months. Been casually riding for 60+ years. But at 72 yrs. with a heart attack behind me, have to slow down a bit... but not too much.
BTW the Suntour seatpost is now $80 from China. Prices have certainly creeped up the past year, except the XP, still $899. aliexpress batteries don't seem worth buying from China, shipping prices them too high.
Got a laugh reading the poster calling a freewheel a flywheel, then saw that's what one is called called on the aliexpress site.
Anyhow, I have a question I couldn't find the answer to on the site.-
Is the seatpost quick-release lever on the XP removable? I would prefer a non-quick-release as QR is too easy to steal. Would lose post and pricey seat (Cloud 9)

Thanks all for creating such a wonderful forum.

New member here. Much quieter here this year. Have an XP on order and lots of accessories. Excellent forum. I have acquired a lot of info reading all 165 pages that I thought would take me months. Been casually riding for 60+ years. But at 72 yrs. with a heart attack behind me, have to slow down a bit... but not too much.
BTW the Suntour seatpost is now $80 from China. Prices have certainly creeped up the past year, except the XP, still $899. aliexpress batteries don't seem worth buying from China, shipping prices them too high.
Got a laugh reading the poster calling a freewheel a flywheel, then saw that's what one is called called on the aliexpress site.
Anyhow, I have a question I couldn't find the answer to on the site.-
Is the seatpost quick-release lever on the XP removable? I would prefer a non-quick-release as QR is too easy to steal. Would lose post and pricey seat (Cloud 9)

Thanks all for creating such a wonderful forum.
Check out AliExpress I got a 500mm x 31.8 for around $18. It took a month to get here but it still beat the XP travel time🤗

Here’s an explanation on how the PAS works on our bikes:

The basic cadence sensor uses a magnet on the crank. It turns the motor ON when you start pedaling and turns it OFF when you stop pedaling. Essentially, it works like a switch. To control the boost level and speed, you must adjust the assist mode manually up and down. The advantage of this system is that it is an inexpensive way to get a form of pedal assists on the bike. The disadvantage is that the pedal assistance can sometimes feel jerky, laggy and counterintuitive. Also, if you want to pedal faster than the motor is spinning, the motor will actively work against your efforts.
Compared to the torque sensor system, the cadence sensor will just provide the assist based purely on the level assist you have selected and it will not increase or decrease the assist based on your actual pedal power. You could be pedaling very lightly or very hard and it will provide the same level of assist.

If you are in PAS 0 it’s like every bike you’ve ever ridden, manually pedaling and shifting through 7 gears.
If you are in PAS 1-5, it’s unlike every bike you’ve ever ridden.
It takes some getting used to. But I love it. I’ve been riding bikes, all kinds, for about 50 years now and this is the most fun I’ve ever had…on a bike.

You have got to think of it like this;
When in PAS 0, it’s a manually operated bike.
When in PAS 1-5, you do not have to pedal at all, just use the right hand throttle to drive the bike, and do not pedal.
Or - you can use Pedal Assist 1-5 to drive the bike, but now you do have to pedal, but at a slow and steady pace.
When using Pedal Assist, think of your left hand on the control button as your throttle, but now you have 1-5 preset speeds, as long as you are pedaling at a slow and steady rate. PAS 1 is the slowest speed and PAS 5 is the highest. It doesn’t really matter how fast you are pedaling. The bike uses the cadence sensor to sense your movement.

Just start off in PAS 1 and use whatever manual gear 1-7, lets you pedal at a slow and steady pace, for the terrain you are currently on.
After a few revolutions of the pedals the motor will kick in, depending on the sensitivity setting in the P11 menu, and the strength in the P12 menu.
It will immediately propel you faster as you continue to pedal the same slow and steady rate, you do not have to pedal faster to go faster, the motor does that. You can always manually shift the gears to pedal faster if you want, for exercising, but you do not have to.
It will start to feel weird as you are pedaling at the same rate but the motor is now propelling you faster. It will start to feel like your pedaling isn’t doing anything, like you’re freewheeling it.

If you want to go faster, don’t pedal faster, move up to PAS 2 and you will immediately go faster, despite pedaling at the same slow and steady rate, as you were with PAS 1. If you want to go still faster, again, do not pedal any more, just move up to PAS 3 and you will go faster at the same pedal rate. Continue of course to PAS 4 and 5 to go faster and faster, at the same pedal rate. And drop back through to PAS 1 to slow down. I’ve gotten to 28 mph this way on level ground, with never pedaling faster than I was at PAS 1 level when I started.

It feels unlike anything I’ve ever ridden and does take some getting used to.

Just like your right hand is on the throttle in full auto mode, think of your left hand, on the menu up/down button, as your throttle when using PAS mode. But instead of a continuous manual throttle, you will have 5 levels of preset speeds while using PAS, and can always go to PAS 0 for manual mode and to turn the motor off.

As soon as you stop pedaling, the motor turns off, so you can coast to slow down, and/or if you use the brakes the motor turns off of course.

Then just start pedaling again and the motor will kick in, if in PAS 1-5, and/or use the throttle to manually take off and have fun! I find myself frequently using the throttle to manually ‘take off’ and get started, then start pedaling. What a cool bike, I love it.
I thought I had a malfunctioning bike because I was spinning the pedals with virtually no resistance and it was accelerating. Your explanation has cleared it all up. So basically I feel like have an emoped/scooter instead of a ebicycle and I like it now that I understand it.

Looks like a new company entered into the e-bike arena. Has anyone had any experience with this company or bike? It checks a lot of boxes for me. There are a few sponsored youtube videos on the bike.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I wish I could return this as my bike went around the US. Until it got to me and I'm only 4hrs away. That's a FedEx issue I guess. Ok now I got my bike no power. Bad part. Spoke with Tanner on fri morning they said they would ship it out right away. Tues still has not shipped. I have a 1000 dollar bike sitting here and cannot use it. Customer service seem to lie an say its shipped when it's not. Tracking number still says label created. Buyer beware. Would love to had this over to my son before xmas but who knows anymore I gave up. It seems like a good bike if it all works but my concern is the electronics.

I wish I could return this as my bike went around the US. Until it got to me and I'm only 4hrs away. That's a FedEx issue I guess. Ok now I got my bike no power. Bad part. Spoke with Tanner on fri morning they said they would ship it out right away. Tues still has not shipped. I have a 1000 dollar bike sitting here and cannot use it. Customer service seem to lie an say its shipped when it's not. Tracking number still says label created. Buyer beware. Would love to had this over to my son before xmas but who knows anymore I gave up. It seems like a good bike if it all works but my concern is the electronics.
Unfortunately when Lectric says it will ship "right away" means they prepare a bike to ship and notify FedEx of the pick-up. When the bike is actually picked up is a FedEx issue. It took up to a week before mine was picked up after I received the label created notice. FedEx actually "lost" (stole) one of my bikes.

I just got the Lectric email..... Still hoping for two white S-Ts before Xmas. Nice that they're finally shipping some out...their business model doesn't exactly encourage quick shipping. The revenue stream comes from paid-in-full pre-orders... Shipping is on the debit half of the ledger. The danger is the temptation to pay last months bills with next months revenue.... Could get tricky down the road if sales slow down...
Update: Another email with tracking showing bikes picked up and estimated delivery this Friday 12/17....in time for Christmas😊!

Last edited:
Christmas with a new bike under the tree was always the best one... Kinda forgot what that was like!

Attachments

• IMG_20211217_165736_kindlephoto-3244260030.jpg
    IMG_20211217_165736_kindlephoto-3244260030.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 210
I agree about the price, but it's the same components as the more expensive bikes. The difference in the more expensive bike is they adjust everything where the brakes are quite, etc. before delivery. To have a quite bike it took a few minutes on Youtube and 2 minutes at the bike to have one as quite at the more expensive bike. It was a win-win, I am having great fun on a nice quite bike, plus the brakes are much safer. 😊
I know that this is an old post, but I just wanted to fast forward to 2022. Received my 2.0 step-thru and I was shocked that everything came properly adjusted. It was as if it had been run through "make ready" and everything tweaked. Only problem i found was the rubber plug for the charge port had the end deformed and was difficult to get it to stay in. Contacted CS at 11:00 am CST about purchasing a replacement, and I received an email 15 minutes later telling me that it had been ordered under warranty. 15 more minutes received another email informing me that a shipping label had been created. I am impresses thus far!

Another update to this old thread to show how things have improved. I ordered my white XP 2.0 ST about a week and a half ago. I wanted a black 2.0 ST but they are "sold out", so I ordered the white version. The white XP 2.0 ST was delivered today and the box was undamaged. I unboxed it and it is in great condition. I could not tighten the pedals, they are torqued tight and everything is adjusted right. The derailleur guard was not bent and it shifted into 7th with no adjustment. The big surprise was that the battery was a 10.4ah (like on the 1.0) instead of the 9.6ah shown on their website for this bike. I hope to have everything checked out and farkles installed tomorrow for its first ride. I could not be happier with how Lectric is doing business these days.

I’m finishing up my install of a BBS HD on lectric XP. I took it on a test ride this morning both motors work flawlessly I’m trying to adjust the PAS for the Lectric!So I can have pedal assist for both motors. Fun tons of power for the off-road and I love the hub motor for riding on the road.Bought a bunch of back ups which is great because Luna sells back ups of everything.I plan on upgrading the handlebars and obviously doing wire maintenance and really cleaning it up I’m gonna make it all black and leave the Luna battery!! on top! I ordered my shocks already

Wow how did you get that to fit on the xp 1, did you order the 175mm dropout version. (if they make that) or did you have to make custom mounts? I have access to one in the area (although i'm pretty sure its a small mount 70mm dropout or something) used and If I could mount this to my xp it would be huge.

Back