Lectric XP

Sorry for the late reply! Yeah I ordered them the day of my original post, and still have not received anything yet, including other items like foam grips, cell phone holders and handlebars that I ordered before these. Most items take a while to ship from China, let alone with all this covid mess. I will post on the thread when I receive them. As of now last update on them in tracking was “departed origin country on 5/6”

Thanks.

FYI, on the aliexpress order page, when I hover over track order for the seat post it says departed USPS distribution facility in Queens, NY. on 5/22 and is on its way to the next facility.

Thanks.

FYI, on the aliexpress order page, when I hover over track order for the seat post it says departed USPS distribution facility in Queens, NY. on 5/22 and is on its way to the next facility.
I'm past 300 purchases with aliexpress ...the delivery can be 1 week or 2 months...I've never been ripped off by them. Just gotta keep track of your orders in case 1 doesn't show up..only happened once for me. 👍

I order the same fork from Aliexpress for 39.99 . But shipping was like $47.00...still under $100.00 . It took about 3 week.. you pay tax on the $39.99...waiting on all my other parts from Ali....I am converting over to a BMX setup...If you do a little research at the Botton of that page you can find them even cheaper...Do Your Math Homework... Those sticker on the forks just peal off

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32989738786.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dGeJMbR

Last edited:
I'm past 300 purchases with aliexpress ...the delivery can be 1 week or 2 months...I've never been ripped off by them. Just gotta keep track of your orders in case 1 doesn't show up..only happened once for me. 👍

Success, I received the seat post today and my ebike should be here tomorrow. Now, I just hope 350mm post is long enough. If not, I'll order the 400mm post and do it all again

Thanks!

All that worrying for nothing. I received my bike this morning. The 350mm seat post will work fine with a little room to spare. Only $65 including shipping, it was well worth the month long wait. (I'm 6' with a 30" inseam)
I figured it would be fine.....👍
Fiddle with the settings and you will get it to not bounce and just float over the bumps..

Thanks!

All that worrying for nothing. I received my bike this morning. The 350mm seat post will work fine with a little room to spare. Only $65 including shipping, it was well worth the month long wait. (I'm 6' with a 30" inseam)

Love to hear this! That just mean my posts are coming soon! Black bike and free bag was shipped yesterday, still waiting on the white bike

OK...here is info needed for the suspension fork upgrade. I'll give a quick shopping list followed by more details on everything below.

Quick list:
1. Pasak P35 20 inch suspension fork (Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork on AliExpress)
2. Neco H185 Headset (Neco H185 Headset on Ebay)
3. Spacer [OPTIONAL] (Steerer tube threadless spacers)
4. Adjustable folding steam (Adjustable folding bike stem)

More details:
1. Suspension fork: I used the Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork. This is an air shock and so far I think it's been working great. I'm not a bike guru...so I can't comment on the quality vs a high end name brand shock like RockShox, RST, etc...but I'm very pleased and works great for the purposes of this style of bike. You can buy these on ebay and aliexpress. I got mine from AliExpress.
I one one from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000589965001.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.7b011236ehqcSY
I wasn't super impressed with JKlapin Biking. Their communication was usually pretty delayed and they didn't ship the second shock. After finally shipping it, the shock was returned to sender for some reason...all in all, I wouldn't say that they should be avoided...but there was definitely room for improvement.
I got my second shock from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000138191431.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.527a4c4dujZwCD
Rubin bike doesn't have as much feedback...but my service was awesome from them! So maybe they are hungry being a newer merchant...but with my single purchase I was beyond happy.
It should be also noted, that the Pasak shock comes in an air and an oil variant. The oil variant is slightly cheaper...but should still work if you want a little less performance... For what it's worth, I'm almost certain the Rattan Fat Bear Plus ebike comes with the Pasak oil based suspension fork....downgrade from my air variant.
At the time, this appeared to be the only shock that worked which I could find reliably (20 inch, fat tire, etc). Now it appears there is one more shock, the RST Guide: https://www.biktrix.com/products/rst-guide-fork
I can't comment on the RST shock as I just barely saw it a couple days ago. It's the shock found on Aventon Sinch bike.

2. Neco H185 Headset. This was my happiest discovery. After a bunch of searching, I finally figured out the exact headset used on the production Lectric XP...it's a Neco H184 headset (this should be true for production XP's...it may not be true for early prototypes as pictures I saw of those looked different than my headset). The nice thing is that the H184 and H185 are almost identical to each other. The H184 is a threaded headset and the H185 is the threadless version. So this works out great because I didn't have to change the cups in the steerer tube! Basically I just bought the H185 headset...but really only needed the crown race (simply because I didn't wanna take the old one off the original XP rigid fork), and the couple of parts at the top of the headset that are specific to threadless variant. You can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=h185. I also found it on Amazon...but it comes and goes there.

3. Steerer tube threadless spacers. This part is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and not needed at all. The only reason I got this was because I have commitment issues ;) Using a spacer allowed me the piece of mind that if I happened to cut my fork's steerer tube too short...I could remove the spacer and have a second/third chance, haha. This also could be a good option if anyone wants to raise their handlebars further...

4. Adjustable folding stem. The folding stem that comes on the Lectric XP is for a threaded fork and won't work with the threadless fork. So you need to swap that folding stem as well. There are potentially a bunch of different varieties that would work that can be found on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. I was trying to find one that folds to the right (same as original). I ultimately went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/SENQI-Handlebar-Adjustable-Accessories-28-6×25-4×410mm/dp/B07D5S3HJ3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=senqi+adjustable+stem&qid=1585596154&sr=8-3
It was available in black from Amazon when I bought mine, but I'm only seeing silver on Amazon now... You can also find the same stem on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909662921.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2cf92e0e3cY1SK
There are other merchants on AliExpress that sale the same stem.
I don't like this stem quite as much as the original. The original utilized more welds and feels a bit more sturdy. This stem is not bad...I'd give it an 8/10 whereas the original would have been a 10/10. I did find what I think is our original stem but in a threadless version...but still digging into that. I'll update if I find more info on it.

And that's basically it. You really only need the 3 parts (4 if you want the spacer).
I'm finishing up a how-to video that I'll post on youtube to give step by step instructions. But it was all rather easy. You basically remove the old folding stem, take off brake/fender/light, remove the old fork, put on the new fork, put on brake/light, and put on the new folding stem.

Let me know what questions you have...
I received my front forks today, I believe they are the same ones you installed. Quality seems very good, actually better than I expected, and they look good once the stickers are peeled off. I am still waiting on the folding handlebar stem to install everything.

The forks are longer than the stock ones, seems like the front will be raised a couple inches. I think this will increase the angle of the stem as well. Has this created any problems for you? Were you ever able to do a video when doing the install on your second bike?

Attachments

• 9427581E-1F10-4B91-BAD9-69A782FA88AA.jpeg
    9427581E-1F10-4B91-BAD9-69A782FA88AA.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 470
I received my front forks today, I believe they are the same ones you installed. Quality seems very good, actually better than I expected, and they look good once the stickers are peeled off. I am still waiting on the folding handlebar stem to install everything.

The forks are longer than the stock ones, seems like the front will be raised a couple inches. I think this will increase the angle of the stem as well. Has this created any problems for you? Were you ever able to do a video when doing the install on your second bike?
I just purchased the same set of suspension forks. Am I to understand that I need also to order the other items you've referenced, as well, in order to install the forks?

BTW, I know there was some concern earlier in this thread regarding locked settings but on my bike, which arrived today, the controller was unlocked and I had access to all the settings P01-P020.

P06 -rim diameter- was set to 22. I haven't compared it to GPS but from what I've been reading on the Facebook owners group, the speed/mileage is close enough.

Last edited:
I order the same fork from Aliexpress for 39.99 . But shipping was like $47.00...still under $100.00 . It took about 3 week.. you pay tax on the $39.99...waiting on all my other parts from Ali....I am converting over to a BMX setup...If you do a little research at the Botton of that page you can find them even cheaper...Do Your Math Homework... Those sticker on the forks just peal off

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32989738786.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dGeJMbR

Just curious if you plan on doing something similar to this.

Got this bike in oct 2019 and it works fine, but I feel like I spent way to much. I live in Canada and paid 899 USD plus 150 USD for shipping which equals 1300-1400 CAD. On top of that, fedex sent me an invoice for 234 CAD for taxes and duties. That’s almost 1700 CAD! I mean its a nice bike but damn. Has anyone in Canada spent this much or am I the only one and is it still worth it to you? Thanks!
I ordered two bikes on February 27th 2020 and as of today May 28th have not received them. Very frustrating. Paid 3100 Canadian. At witts end.

I ordered two bikes on February 27th 2020 and as of today May 28th have not received them. Very frustrating. Paid 3100 Canadian. At witts end.
Bought 4 bikes...I live in Langley B.C...paid $1355 each Canadian with exchange and $55 tax when I brought them across from my box office in the states...you gotta do your homework. Ordering something from the states and shipping directly to Canada is asking for excessive bills....

Bought 4 bikes...I live in Langley B.C...paid $1355 each Canadian with exchange and $55 tax when I brought them across from my box office in the states...you gotta do your homework. Ordering something from the states and shipping directly to Canada is asking for excessive bills....
I have just been informed that they are with FedEx about and hour away from my home in Nova Scotia.

I have just been informed that they are with FedEx about and hour away from my home in Nova Scotia.
Problem is if it's not sent by USPS it's gonna be expensive. The courier companies charge a brokerage fee that is an absolute rip off. I once shipped a chromoly nut from California to my house. It came in an envelope. I paid$12 shipping and got a bill from UPS 3 months later for $55 brokerage. Never again!!!!

I just purchased the same set of suspension forks. Am I to understand that I need also to order the other items you've referenced, as well, in order to install the forks?
I haven’t taken it apart yet, but my understanding is that we need a new headset and handlebar stem in order to install these forks. If you don’t want to keep the folding handlebars you can eliminate the folding stem, but I really like that feature.

Back