Lectric XP

I can not find that neco h185, is there a substitute ?
There are likely other headsets that would work. This one is just nice because it's a perfect match from the same manufacturer. But you can find the dimension drawings from Neco's catalog. And you could compare the cup sizes with other headsets to see if the existing cups would work on other headsets.

1. You can always use a completely different headset. The biggest advantage to the H185 is that there is no need to remove the cups from the head tube on the frame which makes it a bit easier and also easy to swap back if you ever wanted to.
2. Like I said above, you could probably find a different headset with similar cup dimensions and still not have to swap the cups.

Like Garland said thought, the ebay seller will likely be back (I think they are just on vacation) before your other parts arrive anyway...

This is where I got mine. Says seller is away, so there may be a delay. I bet you still will get it before the AliExpress parts, though. I am still waiting on forks.

I clicked on Buy It Now, they won't even let you purchase the part while he's on vacation.

OK...here is info needed for the suspension fork upgrade. I'll give a quick shopping list followed by more details on everything below.

Quick list:
1. Pasak P35 20 inch suspension fork (Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork on AliExpress)
2. Neco H185 Headset (Neco H185 Headset on Ebay)
3. Spacer [OPTIONAL] (Steerer tube threadless spacers)
4. Adjustable folding steam (Adjustable folding bike stem)

More details:
1. Suspension fork: I used the Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork. This is an air shock and so far I think it's been working great. I'm not a bike guru...so I can't comment on the quality vs a high end name brand shock like RockShox, RST, etc...but I'm very pleased and works great for the purposes of this style of bike. You can buy these on ebay and aliexpress. I got mine from AliExpress.
I one one from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000589965001.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.7b011236ehqcSY
I wasn't super impressed with JKlapin Biking. Their communication was usually pretty delayed and they didn't ship the second shock. After finally shipping it, the shock was returned to sender for some reason...all in all, I wouldn't say that they should be avoided...but there was definitely room for improvement.
I got my second shock from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000138191431.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.527a4c4dujZwCD
Rubin bike doesn't have as much feedback...but my service was awesome from them! So maybe they are hungry being a newer merchant...but with my single purchase I was beyond happy.
It should be also noted, that the Pasak shock comes in an air and an oil variant. The oil variant is slightly cheaper...but should still work if you want a little less performance... For what it's worth, I'm almost certain the Rattan Fat Bear Plus ebike comes with the Pasak oil based suspension fork....downgrade from my air variant.
At the time, this appeared to be the only shock that worked which I could find reliably (20 inch, fat tire, etc). Now it appears there is one more shock, the RST Guide: https://www.biktrix.com/products/rst-guide-fork
I can't comment on the RST shock as I just barely saw it a couple days ago. It's the shock found on Aventon Sinch bike.

2. Neco H185 Headset. This was my happiest discovery. After a bunch of searching, I finally figured out the exact headset used on the production Lectric XP...it's a Neco H184 headset (this should be true for production XP's...it may not be true for early prototypes as pictures I saw of those looked different than my headset). The nice thing is that the H184 and H185 are almost identical to each other. The H184 is a threaded headset and the H185 is the threadless version. So this works out great because I didn't have to change the cups in the steerer tube! Basically I just bought the H185 headset...but really only needed the crown race (simply because I didn't wanna take the old one off the original XP rigid fork), and the couple of parts at the top of the headset that are specific to threadless variant. You can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=h185. I also found it on Amazon...but it comes and goes there.

3. Steerer tube threadless spacers. This part is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and not needed at all. The only reason I got this was because I have commitment issues ;) Using a spacer allowed me the piece of mind that if I happened to cut my fork's steerer tube too short...I could remove the spacer and have a second/third chance, haha. This also could be a good option if anyone wants to raise their handlebars further...

4. Adjustable folding stem. The folding stem that comes on the Lectric XP is for a threaded fork and won't work with the threadless fork. So you need to swap that folding stem as well. There are potentially a bunch of different varieties that would work that can be found on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. I was trying to find one that folds to the right (same as original). I ultimately went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/SENQI-Handlebar-Adjustable-Accessories-28-6×25-4×410mm/dp/B07D5S3HJ3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=senqi+adjustable+stem&qid=1585596154&sr=8-3
It was available in black from Amazon when I bought mine, but I'm only seeing silver on Amazon now... You can also find the same stem on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909662921.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2cf92e0e3cY1SK
There are other merchants on AliExpress that sale the same stem.
I don't like this stem quite as much as the original. The original utilized more welds and feels a bit more sturdy. This stem is not bad...I'd give it an 8/10 whereas the original would have been a 10/10. I did find what I think is our original stem but in a threadless version...but still digging into that. I'll update if I find more info on it.

And that's basically it. You really only need the 3 parts (4 if you want the spacer).
I'm finishing up a how-to video that I'll post on youtube to give step by step instructions. But it was all rather easy. You basically remove the old folding stem, take off brake/fender/light, remove the old fork, put on the new fork, put on brake/light, and put on the new folding stem.

Let me know what questions you have...
Any suggestions on a different headset, I cannot find the Necci

Just bit the bullet and bought a couple of SR Suntour NCX’s off AliExpress for a great price. They seem to be on a good sale right now! Compared to the price on Amazon it’s basically a two for one deal! So stoked! If you don’t mind waiting on shipping it’s the best way to go. And since I’m still waiting on the two bikes it was a no brainer for me. Link below.

US $48.10 26% Off | Suntour NCX bicycle Damping suspension seatpost mountain bike seat post 27.2 31.6 27.2mm/31.6mm*350mm sliver black Seatposts

Anyone else order this seat post from this seller? Purchased on 4/27, it supposedly left the country of origin on 5/6 and there's been no updates since. There's no way to cancel on Aliexpress and I can't open a dispute for another month.

Added: I guess I expected $22.45 for UPS expiated shipping to arrive by now.

Last edited:
Anyone else order this seat post from this seller? Purchased on 4/27, it supposedly left the country of origin on 5/6 and there's been no updates since. There's no way to cancel on Aliexpress and I can't open a dispute for another month.

Mine still shows Shipment ready for dispatch ordered 5/15/2020

This is where I got mine. Says seller is away, so there may be a delay. I bet you still will get it before the AliExpress parts, though. I am still waiting on forks.
That's true because my Ball Retainers are supposed to be arriving today and the air suspension fork will not arrive any time soon. I share your pain Garland.

I would wait it out. You've waited this long. That's what I would do. Sometimes it takes a good long time to receive the products I have ordered from Aliexpress, but it is usually worth the wait.

I ordered the same a couple days ago and got the shipping notice same day. It says it will take 22 days to get here. We shall see!

Correction: I ordered the 400mm length seatpost from seller 'Riding icloud Store'

I ordered the same a couple days ago and got the shipping notice same day. It says it will take 22 days to get here. We shall see!

Correction: I ordered the 400mm length seatpost from seller 'Riding icloud Store'

I would wait it out. You've waited this long. That's what I would do. Sometimes it takes a good long time to receive the products I have ordered from Aliexpress, but it is usually worth the wait.

Yeah, I plan on waiting it out. However, if there was an option of canceling, I would have earlier and ordered the 400mm post from a different seller. If it turns out the 350mm post is long enough, all the better. Otherwise, I'll put it up for sale here.

Guess what the UPS guy just dropped off?? The seat post. I don't have my XP yet but I'll try it out on my Rize Leisure this afternoon. Also I seemed to have ordered the wrong size. XP takes what the 31.6 size post?? I ordered the 27.2. that's the size for the Leisure. Well I guess I still have time to order another one since my XP probably won't be delivered until Mid June.

Guess what the UPS guy just dropped off?? The seat post. I don't have my XP yet but I'll try it out on my Rize Leisure this afternoon. Also I seemed to have ordered the wrong size. XP takes what the 31.6 size post?? I ordered the 27.2. that's the size for the Leisure. Well I guess I still have time to order another one since my XP probably won't be delivered until Mid June.
Just use a 27.2 to 31.6 shim tube. I have the Satori Animaris post and needed the shim.

Just use a 27.2 to 31.6 shim tube. I have the Satori Animaris post and needed the shim.
Might as well have two. One for each bike. My wife would not like to share after she rides without one I'm sure. Oh and the Rize Leisure rides really nice with the seat post. Nice.

I second what Poohbare says, just go to a bike store and get a shim. That's what I had to do with one of my seatposts.

I second what Poohbare says, just go to a bike store and get a shim. That's what I had to do with one of my seatposts.
It's no problem guys. I have two bikes (well one delivered) and this one works perfectly on the Rize Leisure. Hopefully by the time the XP ships this one will be delivered.

Sorry for the late reply! Yeah I ordered them the day of my original post, and still have not received anything yet, including other items like foam grips, cell phone holders and handlebars that I ordered before these. Most items take a while to ship from China, let alone with all this covid mess. I will post on the thread when I receive them. As of now last update on them in tracking was “departed origin country on 5/6”

Back