Lectric XP

I haven't had any problems, but you do have to pay attention when using it because you could possibly create an accident or possibly lose your bike if you were close to an overlook of a mountain or steep hill drop off in elevation. That's my thoughts.
OK, thanks. and it seems like I read that hitting either brake cancels it. How do you control the walk speed?

OK, thanks. and it seems like I read that hitting either brake cancels it. How do you control the walk speed?
Walk speed is turned on by long pressing the lower or - button. I don't know if you can adjust the speed but here is a video on how to govern slow speeds using cruise control.

The Ruben store person wanted me to purchase a second one and then he would issue me a refund. I'm sure he would've wanted me to purchase a second one. Would you purchase a second one from the Ruben store? I opened a dispute and it says that I'll receive a refund, but it will be several days before I will know. If the stores that sell them on Aliexpress have low inventory of say 7 or less, would this be an indicator that would keep you from buying a bike fork from that store? I just want to see how you / others think about purchasing the bike fork. Thanks for any and all input.
Sounds pretty fishy to me. They did not communicate with me whatsoever,and it seemed like the refund was not coming from them but from AliExpress. I was under the impression the seller does not even get their money until the item is confirmed delivered or a certain amount of time has passed.

I doubt if I would order again from them if I were you unless they offered a substantial discount, even then not until initial refund was processed.

Sounds pretty fishy to me. They did not communicate with me whatsoever,and it seemed like the refund was not coming from them but from AliExpress. I was under the impression the seller does not even get their money until the item is confirmed delivered or a certain amount of time has passed.

I doubt if I would order again from them if I were you unless they offered a substantial discount, even then not until initial refund was processed.
Thanks for your input. Your thinking was in line with what I thought. Thanks.

I ordered 2 xp 1 white 1 black I hope thay will arrive soon everything I read seamed great for are commute to work monday to friday and our camp on weekends i cant wai

Attachments

• Aerosmith-wallpaper-11061421.jpg
    Aerosmith-wallpaper-11061421.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
I’m finishing up my install of a BBS HD on lectric XP. I took it on a test ride this morning both motors work flawlessly I’m trying to adjust the PAS for the Lectric!So I can have pedal assist for both motors. Fun tons of power for the off-road and I love the hub motor for riding on the road.Bought a bunch of back ups which is great because Luna sells back ups of everything.I plan on upgrading the handlebars and obviously doing wire maintenance and really cleaning it up I’m gonna make it all black and leave the Luna battery!! on top! I ordered my shocks already

Attachments

• E4DA9BF0-45B7-4229-9021-586B30E4FD22.jpeg
    E4DA9BF0-45B7-4229-9021-586B30E4FD22.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 755
  • A9486F61-C233-43B9-9582-C0540907E618.jpeg
    A9486F61-C233-43B9-9582-C0540907E618.jpeg
    190.4 KB · Views: 715
I’m finishing up my install of a BBS HD on lectric XP. I took it on a test ride this morning both motors work flawlessly I’m trying to adjust the PAS for the Lectric!So I can have pedal assist for both motors. Fun tons of power for the off-road and I love the hub motor for riding on the road.Bought a bunch of back ups which is great because Luna sells back ups of everything.I plan on upgrading the handlebars and obviously doing wire maintenance and really cleaning it up I’m gonna make it all black and leave the Luna battery!! on top! I ordered my shocks already
So you added a $650 hub motor to an XP? How much do you expect to have in the project when finished? Is it cheaper to add premium elements to a base XP model than build from scratch?

I really liked the price of the XP you’re getting some decent perks for the price. I knew I wanted to put a mid drive on to a hub driven bike.
This particular model,Had most of what I was looking for. BBSHD fit onto the bike flawlessly. Having the options of using two motors for various applications has proven to be a worthwhile investment.

If I wanted to get the same power and performance from another proprietary bike I’d be looking a Over a few grand. I can take this onto the trails now and I have more power than I need and it’s extremely exhilarating and fun. I can also cruise on class two bike trails using the hub and also on the road.

Also if you have the knowledge and time combine both mid and hub with on throttle,

I like having two separate throttles. On top of that I can buy all the backups I need for the BBS HD and go anywhere I want.

It also has an upgradable option to a 50 amp controller which will allow you to use a 72 V battery. But these are the things that work for me if you’re not into that type of thing the XP is just fine all by itself!!

I love the fact that I can go up very steep inclines at about 15 to 20 miles an hour zero problems. I can combine both batteries Utilizing the hub and the mid drive saves on wear and tear and parts.

Speed is 35

I really liked the price of the XP you’re getting some decent perks for the price. I knew I wanted to put a mid drive on to a hub driven bike.
This particular model,Had most of what I was looking for. BBSHD fit onto the bike flawlessly. Having the options of using two motors for various applications has proven to be a worthwhile investment.

If I wanted to get the same power and performance from another proprietary bike I’d be looking a Over a few grand. I can take this onto the trails now and I have more power than I need and it’s extremely exhilarating and fun. I can also cruise on class two bike trails using the hub and also on the road.

Also if you have the knowledge and time combine both mid and hub with on throttle,

I like having two separate throttles. On top of that I can buy all the backups I need for the BBS HD and go anywhere I want.

It also has an upgradable option to a 50 amp controller which will allow you to use a 72 V battery. But these are the things that work for me if you’re not into that type of thing the XP is just fine all by itself!!

I love the fact that I can go up very steep inclines at about 15 to 20 miles an hour zero problems. I can combine both batteries Utilizing the hub and the mid drive saves on wear and tear and parts.

Speed is 35
That sounds like a great setup. What did you have to pay for the BBSHD kit and where did you purchase it if I may ask? You saved some money adding it to the XP bike, didn't you or at least it seems to be based on what you've said about a similiar proprietary bike costing a few grand. So, you can go 35 mph using the mid and hub drives at the same time?

I have the XP of course but I also have another fat tire bike that I added a Bafang mid drive to. My mid drive is set up for two batteries and even though it's an aluminum bike its a heavy beast with two batteries so I can't imagine what the XP would be like with two motors and at least two batteries! I hope you never run out of juice and have to peddle home uphill without assist! (don't ask me how I know this hurts...) It would be fun to try your bike out though, as they say in the custom car world...life is too short to drive stock! I don't think I would want to do this but I'm glad to see someone have fun with it and if it doesn't work out as well as you think you just put it back to stock. The one that interests me is to do an all wheel drive with another 500 hub motor, not as powerful as yours but still could be fun.

That sounds like a great setup. What did you have to pay for the BBSHD kit and where did you purchase it if I may ask? You saved some money adding it to the XP bike, didn't you or at least it seems to be based on what you've said about a similiar proprietary bike costing a few grand. So, you can go 35 mph using the mid and hub drives at the same time?

Yes I went with a 52 V battery from Luna cycle. The battery in the motor are going to be the most expensive. It was the best thing that I could’ve ever done for my XP it was everything I was looking for. I spent a grand total including the XP $1900 bucks! A pal of mine has a Juiced hyper scorpion The XP holdS it’s own no problem if not better.!!

Luna cycle is an awesome company that really promotes DIY kits they sell a lot of their own bikes and they’re pretty awesome! They kind of expect you to rely on the forums and those types of DIY websites, I’m not saying that they won’t help you because they do !! they’re good like that, but it’s not like an Amazon purchase so to speak.. where you have instant returns and free shipping and all that stuff. But you’re getting a bunch of dudes who go through the motor and make sure everything is up to snuff and plus it’s an American company!! I can’t stop riding this bike it is just a world of difference!!! Don’t get me wrong the XP hub drive is a pretty peppy motor to begin with. In my opinion it’s very impressive.

I knew I wanted to have two motors when I bought the XP ...Lectric doesn’t really sell you many parts and that was kind of a bummer Luna on the other hand cells back ups of almost every part of that BBS HD motor so there’s no worries I’ve already ordered a couple just to have!!

You will have plenty of power when you need it especially if you like going off roading which I really really do I love!! hitting the trails and using the pedal assist and then also just throttling and having lots of power to get me anywhere!!! And I literally mean anywhere you want... I’ll make a few videos when I have time just how amazing this little sucker is now!!!

I changed out the chain ring to a 44 , a chain ring Luna sells!! The chain ring that comes with BBS HD is junk. I had the motor sent to me hot rodded (1500 watts) and it’s incredible..But if you were a real power junkie you can actually get a 50 amp controller and a 72 V battery and you practically have a dirtbike whenever you want it!!! The things you’re gonna want to get are a gear sensor when you order the motor if you decide to do it. It works wonderful it’s almost like the XP was made for the BBS HD everything went relatively well! Luna wasn’t very explicit on what I needed to get the crank case off, they might have explained it but I may have missed that part!!
You may already have all the bike tools I did not, I just bought their Luna tool that they said it would be recommended ( nebulous mistake). Get a crank puller and then the socket tool that pulls out the other part for the bottom bracket! That’s really gonna be your hardest part. They sell the battery pack with a magnet kit I fabricated amount on the top part of the XP and a little Velcro and it works great!

I have the XP of course but I also have another fat tire bike that I added a Bafang mid drive to. My mid drive is set up for two batteries and even though it's an aluminum bike its a heavy beast with two batteries so I can't imagine what the XP would be like with two motors and at least two batteries! I hope you never run out of juice and have to peddle home uphill without assist! (don't ask me how I know this hurts...) It would be fun to try your bike out though, as they say in the custom car world...life is too short to drive stock! I don't think I would want to do this but I'm glad to see someone have fun with it and if it doesn't work out as well as you think you just put it back to stock. The one that interests me is to do an all wheel drive with another 500 hub motor, not as powerful as yours but still could be fun.

Yeah I thought about doing a hub in the front I bet that would be awesome!!

The fun thing about Dual motors is if one craps out you still have the other one!!

Twisting the throttle on the XP and then giving it juice from the mid drive is an exhilarating experience it’s like having turbo!!!
The two motors work really Well together and I’m very surprised at how smooth it operates!!
Who knows I may go super crazy and put a hub in the front LOL!! J/k

I love tinkering though, that’s probably my favorite part about electric bikes you can set it up the way that you want! it it’s just so fun!!
I had a controller crap out on me one time out in the woods and I had to pedal it out it sucked!
I like knowing I have two motors just in case that ever happens again it totals out at about 90 pounds. But I’m carrying 3 batteries with me. With all 3 batteries + Gear I can still get around 30 miles an hour. I haven’t done a range test with all the batteries but it’s a lot. When I get some time I’m really going to try to find the true range right now I’m still in “Too fun not to throttle around mode” Which I’ve managed to get around 35 miles with two batteries barely peddling if at all and I still have about 30% left in the second battery(One of the batteries is the 52 V 13.5 AH. It’s a pretty incredible battery I wouldn’t get that range just throttling with 2XP batteries but those batteries do pretty damn well!!

, I’m going to purchase a 52 V 28 AH at some point.....I’m taking this thing on rough trails I’m taking it down really nasty pipelines in Maine. This mid drive just upped the ante 100%. I truly feel like I can go anywhere I want..

Yeah I thought about doing a hub in the front I bet that would be awesome!!

The fun thing about Dual motors is if one craps out you still have the other one!!

Twisting the throttle on the XP and then giving it juice from the mid drive is an exhilarating experience it’s like having turbo!!!
The two motors work really Well together and I’m very surprised at how smooth it operates!!
Who knows I may go super crazy and put a hub in the front LOL!! J/k

I love tinkering though, that’s probably my favorite part about electric bikes you can set it up the way that you want! it it’s just so fun!!
I had a controller crap out on me one time out in the woods and I had to pedal it out it sucked!
I like knowing I have two motors just in case that ever happens again it totals out at about 90 pounds. But I’m carrying 3 batteries with me. With all 3 batteries + Gear I can still get around 30 miles an hour. I haven’t done a range test with all the batteries but it’s a lot. When I get some time I’m really going to try to find the true range right now I’m still in “Too fun not to throttle around mode” Which I’ve managed to get around 35 miles with two batteries barely peddling if at all and I still have about 30% left in the second battery(One of the batteries is the 52 V 13.5 AH. It’s a pretty incredible battery I wouldn’t get that range just throttling with 2XP batteries but those batteries do pretty damn well!!

, I’m going to purchase a 52 V 28 AH at some point.....I’m taking this thing on rough trails I’m taking it down really nasty pipelines in Maine. This mid drive just upped the ante 100%. I truly feel like I can go anywhere I want..
If you are getting 30mph on throttle alone, I suspect that is all from the mid drive motor and the hub isn't contributing?? Even if both throttles are engaged, the hub motor cuts out at 20mph...so once you go above that, I'm guessing it's all mid drive.

Try this:
Full throttle on mid drive alone, what is max speed?

Then:
Full throttle on both, what is max speed?

Then:
Shift to 7th gear
Full throttle on mid drive
PAS5 on your hub motor controller
Then pedal relatively fast
What is max speed?

If you are getting 30mph on throttle alone, I suspect that is all from the mid drive motor and the hub isn't contributing?? Even if both throttles are engaged, the hub motor cuts out at 20mph...so once you go above that, I'm guessing it's all mid drive.

Try this:
Full throttle on mid drive alone, what is max speed?

Then:
Full throttle on both, what is max speed?

Then:
Shift to 7th gear
Full throttle on mid drive
PAS5 on your hub motor controller
Then pedal relatively fast
What is max speed?
The hub drive contributes to the overall exertions without it and no extra weight (gear/batteries) 33 mpg with gear and batteries plus twisting hub 30 on the flats easy!!
I will try your suggestions tomorrow and report back!!

The hub drive contributes to the overall exertions without it and no extra weight (gear/batteries) 33 mpg with gear and batteries plus twisting hub 30 on the flats easy!!
I will try your suggestions tomorrow and report back!!
Let me know, I'm curious.

For me with the stock motor only and a modded freewheel (11T) on PAS 5 and pedaling fast on flat pavement I cruise about 27-28mph on a fresh battery.

I've been commuting to work everyday the last couple weeks and I average 25-29 mph the whole way (all relatively flat).

Hey Bob, when you have time check your Inbox Messages in your account for this forum. I sent you two messages today. I have a few questions for you about your air suspension bike fork purchase. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back