Lectric XP

Here is the flywheel I got (it's actually a DNP brand even though they don't advertise it on the listing). You can choose between 11-34T and 11-28T depending if you want the lower gear as well as the higher one...or just the higher...

#Aliexpress US $20.59 24%OFF | DRIFT MANIAC Bicycle 7S Freewheel 11-28T/11-34T 7-Speeds Flywheel For Electric Bike

Here is the tool from the same place, I just got both in the same shipment:
#Aliexpress US $16.38 | Mountain Road Bike Repair Tool Kits Bicycle Chain Cutter/Bracket Remover/Cassette Freewheel Remover /Crank Puller Remover Tools
Thanks for the great info, do you know if switching out the freewheel affects our our rather limited warranty?

Maybe it's a regional thing but I have never heard of a freewheel being referred to as a flywheel. Are we talking about the same thing?

LOL...I've never heard it called a flywheel before either ;)

Not sure why I typed flywheel...maybe it was an auto-correct that I didn't notice since I typed up those messages on my phone...

But yes, your link is the same freewheel I was referring to. The 11-34T one wasn't available on Amazon when I ordered mine. It's not much more...I'd probably just get it off Amazon. If you zoom in on the pictures on Amazon you'll see that the freewheel is actually a DNP branded one...

Thanks for the great info, do you know if switching out the freewheel affects our our rather limited warranty?

I don't know for sure. I can't imagine why it would? Probably one of those things that if you have a warranty issue (defective battery, controller, etc) then there is no reason to offer up the unrelated information that you swapped the freewheel... But like I said above, it's easy enough to swap that you can always put the original back on if you needed to pretty easily.

Any suggestions on a phone holder that will fit on the limited flat spot on our curved XP bars?
Thanks to all that responded to my post. I ended up going with the TruActive mount:
https://www.amazon.com/TruActive-Bi...R6D7DC80XSK&psc=1&refRID=0T3F0DWA2R6D7DC80XSK
because the handlebar clamp was narrow enough to fit the limited flat mounting space on the upward curve of the bars, and it has a ball mount that allows it to be tilted in the same plane as the OEM display. It does stand up about 2" taller than the OEM display but that's Ok with me.

George

Just my opinion, bike shops want flat repairs, they don't make any money if people prevent flats. I added slime to my tires while the battery was going through the first charge. I have used slime for years in other applications with great success and it sure hasn't hurt my bike in 300 miles.
Thanks.
I'm now wondering if I can just use it if and when I need to, assuming I have a means of putting air in the tire.

Hi! So after watching a ton of videos about locks I learned a grate deal. What I didnt learn is which ones fit this bike! Im still waiting for mine to arrive, but by examining a picture of the xp it seems to me that not all locks would work well because the frame is so differant. What locks do folks here prefer? I don't live in the city but there's thieves everywhere and I'm hopping to travel.

I use a big noose chain and lock to secure the frame and suspension seat post. I store it with a repair kit in a bag on the rack, only takes a minute to deploy. 4646846467

I use a big noose chain and lock to secure the frame and suspension seat post. I store it with a repair kit in a bag on the rack, only takes a minute to deploy. View attachment 46468View attachment 46467

WOWZERS! I looked at those- they are serious business! I guess your seatpost would be desirable for any bike, where as the real wheel wouldn't be as much? How would you use this lock if there was only a tree and not a bike rack?

WOWZERS! I looked at those- they are serious business! I guess your seatpost would be desirable for any bike, where as the real wheel wouldn't be as much? How would you use this lock if there was only a tree and not a bike rack?
The noose chain i use is a little over 3 feet long. If I were going around a tree I may not be able to also secure the suspension post at the same time, unless I used a cable also. I did use to carry a cable lock with me for that purpose but found I was not ever using it.

Hey guys...this thread has been a little quiet lately. Probably due to warmer weather and Coronavirus...

Check out my latest upgrade to my XP!! My best upgrade yet...

Attachments

• lectric_xp_fork1.jpg
    lectric_xp_fork1.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 933
  • lectric_xp_fork2.jpg
    lectric_xp_fork2.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 1,088
Looks awesome Bobn4burton! how does it ride?

Link to the fork for specs and measurements? Just hopped on my XP during lunch and went to the pet store to get food for the cats. We have been holed up inside for awhile now here in Mass. Like a zombie apocalypse out there.

I have a white and a black XP. I ordered 2 forks (one white and one black). The white fork was delayed...so I got the black one first and I actually like how it looks on the white XP. So I'm sticking with that same black fork on both of my XP's. Changed my order of the white one to be black as well.

It rides great! I also have the Cloud9 seat with Suntour seatpost suspension. So between the seat post, cushy seat and the front shock...it's like riding on a pillow!

The front suspension shock actually makes quite a bit of difference. I can just ride straight over a 6" curb and the bike just absorbs the curb with ease. If I ride over the same curb with the rigid fork, it's very jolting and tends to bounce/pop the front wheel. It also handles bumps at higher speeds MUCH better. For instance, I've I'm riding on the road quite fast (15+ mph) and hit a man cover that has a 1-2 inch recess below the pavement...it's no problem at all with the front shock. I ride through it smoothly. I tried it with the rigid fork and it was a bit scary. Very jarring and doesn't feel safe and my level of control of the bike goes way down.

It's an air fork too. So its even better quality than some other bikes (like the Rattan Fat Bear which I think is just an oil damped shock...and appears to be the same brand with a custom paint job).

I'll post all parts needed to do the upgrade shortly. Plus I'm putting together a video showing all steps for anyone else interested in doing the upgrade.

Total cost for the upgrade was about $155
It was actually quite easy too...probably only took about 1 hour to complete (and I'm NOT a bike guru...this is the first fork I've ever swapped)

I posted default settings from the other thread called "Known Issues..." on page 3. If I read correctly martinctv got these from Lectric directly. There's minor differences. Here's mine:

*=Unlocked

*P01: 1-3 LCD brightness
*P02: 1 MPH/0 KPH

P03: 48V Voltage
*P04: 10
P05: 1 Throttle on/off
P06: 20 inch tire height
P07: 1
*P08: 32 - 45 max speed (KPH)
*P09: 0

P10: 2
*P11: 3 Pedal Assist Sensitivity
*P12: 3

P13: 12
P14: 18
P15: 40V
*P16: 0 mile odometer
P17: 0
P18: 100%
P19: 0
P20: 0

And then you posted these by Hdgoldie:

"Think this has been posted before but JIC -

What the settings control -

P01: 1-3 Backlight Brightness Adjustment, 1 Lowest, 3 Brightest.
P02: 1 Mileage Unit Setting. 0: km, 1:mile
P03: 48V Voltage Selection Setting. 24V 36V 48V
P04: 10 Sleep Time. 0: No Sleep, Other Numbers Are Sleep Time, 1-60 Minutes
P05: 1 Power Gear Adjustment,
P06: 20 Rim Diameter. Mine needed to be set to 25.5 to correct my odometer
P07: 1 Number of Speed Magnets. Range: 1-100
P08: 32 or 45 Speed Limit: 0-100km/h
P09: 0 Throttle toggle. 0 = active, 1 = inactive
P10: 2 Drive mode.0: Pedal Assist only, 1: Throttle only, 2: Both pedal assist and throttle.
P11: 3 1-24 PAS sensitivity. Higher numbers take more rotation to turn on
P12: 3 0-5 PAS strength. Higher numbers cause motor to come on stronger
P13: 12 Magnet type 5, 8, 12
P14: 18 Current limiting. 1-20 amps
P15: 39 I think this is the voltage where the motor cuts off.
P16: 0 Odometer zero. Long press the upper key

Here's the factory defaults:

P01: 1-3 Screen brightness
P02: 1
P03: 48V Voltage
P04: 10
P05: 1
P06: 20 inch tire height
P07: 1
P08: 32 - 45 max speed
P09: 0
P10: 2
P11: 3 Pedal assist sensitivity
P12: 3
P13: 12
P14: 18
P15: 41.5V
P16: 0 mile odometer
P19: 0
P20: 0"

Maybe this topic needs a thread of its own with unlocked and locked default settings pinned at the top? This would be helpful for newcomers and those looking to replace their controllers and displays.
Great post--I just used this discussion to set my Lectric XPs to enable throttle starts. One thing I noticed, though--I had to enable PAS before setting and saving the configuration to get it to work (just in case anyone is encountering problems with this).

I have a white and a black XP. I ordered 2 forks (one white and one black). The white fork was delayed...so I got the black one first and I actually like how it looks on the white XP. So I'm sticking with that same black fork on both of my XP's. Changed my order of the white one to be black as well.

It rides great! I also have the Cloud9 seat with Suntour seatpost suspension. So between the seat post, cushy seat and the front shock...it's like riding on a pillow!

The front suspension shock actually makes quite a bit of difference. I can just ride straight over a 6" curb and the bike just absorbs the curb with ease. If I ride over the same curb with the rigid fork, it's very jolting and tends to bounce/pop the front wheel. It also handles bumps at higher speeds MUCH better. For instance, I've I'm riding on the road quite fast (15+ mph) and hit a man cover that has a 1-2 inch recess below the pavement...it's no problem at all with the front shock. I ride through it smoothly. I tried it with the rigid fork and it was a bit scary. Very jarring and doesn't feel safe and my level of control of the bike goes way down.

It's an air fork too. So its even better quality than some other bikes (like the Rattan Fat Bear which I think is just an oil damped shock...and appears to be the same brand with a custom paint job).

I'll post all parts needed to do the upgrade shortly. Plus I'm putting together a video showing all steps for anyone else interested in doing the upgrade.

It was actually quite easy too...probably only took about 1 hour to complete (and I'm NOT a bike guru...this is the first fork I've ever swapped)

That would be awesome if you can post up specs. I too have the Suntour suspension seat post and LOVE it, this would complete my bike for now, only thing left for me would be to eventually convert to hydraulic disc brakes, but then I would lost the brake lever throttle kick off which I use always.

Love it but ordering details please!

I am interested in this as well I have 2 on order 10xxx supposed be be sent to me in April.

Hey guys just wanted to show a Lectric XP knockoff I just found
Any thoughts on it?
Not planning on getting it. I'm still waiting on my Lectric on third week of April like they said will ship out.

Back