Lectric XP

I have a white and a black XP. I ordered 2 forks (one white and one black). The white fork was delayed...so I got the black one first and I actually like how it looks on the white XP. So I'm sticking with that same black fork on both of my XP's. Changed my order of the white one to be black as well.

It rides great! I also have the Cloud9 seat with Suntour seatpost suspension. So between the seat post, cushy seat and the front shock...it's like riding on a pillow!

The front suspension shock actually makes quite a bit of difference. I can just ride straight over a 6" curb and the bike just absorbs the curb with ease. If I ride over the same curb with the rigid fork, it's very jolting and tends to bounce/pop the front wheel. It also handles bumps at higher speeds MUCH better. For instance, I've I'm riding on the road quite fast (15+ mph) and hit a man cover that has a 1-2 inch recess below the pavement...it's no problem at all with the front shock. I ride through it smoothly. I tried it with the rigid fork and it was a bit scary. Very jarring and doesn't feel safe and my level of control of the bike goes way down.

It's an air fork too. So its even better quality than some other bikes (like the Rattan Fat Bear which I think is just an oil damped shock...and appears to be the same brand with a custom paint job).

I'll post all parts needed to do the upgrade shortly. Plus I'm putting together a video showing all steps for anyone else interested in doing the upgrade.

Total cost for the upgrade was about $155
It was actually quite easy too...probably only took about 1 hour to complete (and I'm NOT a bike guru...this is the first fork I've ever swapped)

Bob your killing us LOL! pls give us ordering details can't wait to add the forks to our bikes
Thanks, Bill and Marilou

OK...here is info needed for the suspension fork upgrade. I'll give a quick shopping list followed by more details on everything below.

Quick list:
1. Pasak P35 20 inch suspension fork (Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork on AliExpress)
2. Neco H185 Headset (Neco H185 Headset on Ebay)
3. Spacer [OPTIONAL] (Steerer tube threadless spacers)
4. Adjustable folding steam (Adjustable folding bike stem)

More details:
1. Suspension fork: I used the Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork. This is an air shock and so far I think it's been working great. I'm not a bike guru...so I can't comment on the quality vs a high end name brand shock like RockShox, RST, etc...but I'm very pleased and works great for the purposes of this style of bike. You can buy these on ebay and aliexpress. I got mine from AliExpress.
I one one from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000589965001.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.7b011236ehqcSY
I wasn't super impressed with JKlapin Biking. Their communication was usually pretty delayed and they didn't ship the second shock. After finally shipping it, the shock was returned to sender for some reason...all in all, I wouldn't say that they should be avoided...but there was definitely room for improvement.
I got my second shock from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000138191431.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.527a4c4dujZwCD
Rubin bike doesn't have as much feedback...but my service was awesome from them! So maybe they are hungry being a newer merchant...but with my single purchase I was beyond happy.
It should be also noted, that the Pasak shock comes in an air and an oil variant. The oil variant is slightly cheaper...but should still work if you want a little less performance... For what it's worth, I'm almost certain the Rattan Fat Bear Plus ebike comes with the Pasak oil based suspension fork....downgrade from my air variant.
At the time, this appeared to be the only shock that worked which I could find reliably (20 inch, fat tire, etc). Now it appears there is one more shock, the RST Guide: https://www.biktrix.com/products/rst-guide-fork
I can't comment on the RST shock as I just barely saw it a couple days ago. It's the shock found on Aventon Sinch bike.

2. Neco H185 Headset. This was my happiest discovery. After a bunch of searching, I finally figured out the exact headset used on the production Lectric XP...it's a Neco H184 headset (this should be true for production XP's...it may not be true for early prototypes as pictures I saw of those looked different than my headset). The nice thing is that the H184 and H185 are almost identical to each other. The H184 is a threaded headset and the H185 is the threadless version. So this works out great because I didn't have to change the cups in the steerer tube! Basically I just bought the H185 headset...but really only needed the crown race (simply because I didn't wanna take the old one off the original XP rigid fork), and the couple of parts at the top of the headset that are specific to threadless variant. You can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=h185. I also found it on Amazon...but it comes and goes there.

3. Steerer tube threadless spacers. This part is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and not needed at all. The only reason I got this was because I have commitment issues ;) Using a spacer allowed me the piece of mind that if I happened to cut my fork's steerer tube too short...I could remove the spacer and have a second/third chance, haha. This also could be a good option if anyone wants to raise their handlebars further...

4. Adjustable folding stem. The folding stem that comes on the Lectric XP is for a threaded fork and won't work with the threadless fork. So you need to swap that folding stem as well. There are potentially a bunch of different varieties that would work that can be found on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. I was trying to find one that folds to the right (same as original). I ultimately went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/SENQI-Handlebar-Adjustable-Accessories-28-6×25-4×410mm/dp/B07D5S3HJ3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=senqi+adjustable+stem&qid=1585596154&sr=8-3
It was available in black from Amazon when I bought mine, but I'm only seeing silver on Amazon now... You can also find the same stem on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909662921.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2cf92e0e3cY1SK
There are other merchants on AliExpress that sale the same stem.
I don't like this stem quite as much as the original. The original utilized more welds and feels a bit more sturdy. This stem is not bad...I'd give it an 8/10 whereas the original would have been a 10/10. I did find what I think is our original stem but in a threadless version...but still digging into that. I'll update if I find more info on it.

And that's basically it. You really only need the 3 parts (4 if you want the spacer).
I'm finishing up a how-to video that I'll post on youtube to give step by step instructions. But it was all rather easy. You basically remove the old folding stem, take off brake/fender/light, remove the old fork, put on the new fork, put on brake/light, and put on the new folding stem.

Let me know what questions you have...

Last edited:
Thank you looking forward to modding me an wife's bike when we get them in April 2020. Be our new ride to visit family lol.

Edit : I should have searched first...found a code and got the panniers !

Hello everyone. I am pre-ordering an XP for April delivery and wondering if there are any coupon codes out there to get the free panniers? Or has that ship sailed...?

Can't wait to get out there !

peace

Last edited:
OK...here is info needed for the suspension fork upgrade. I'll give a quick shopping list followed by more details on everything below.

Quick list:
1. Pasak P35 20 inch suspension fork (Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork on AliExpress)
2. Neco H185 Headset (Neco H185 Headset on Ebay)
3. Spacer [OPTIONAL] (Steerer tube threadless spacers)
4. Adjustable folding steam (Adjustable folding bike stem)

More details:
1. Suspension fork: I used the Pasak P35 20 inch air suspension fork. This is an air shock and so far I think it's been working great. I'm not a bike guru...so I can't comment on the quality vs a high end name brand shock like RockShox, RST, etc...but I'm very pleased and works great for the purposes of this style of bike. You can buy these on ebay and aliexpress. I got mine from AliExpress.
I one one from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000589965001.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.18.7b011236ehqcSY
I wasn't super impressed with JKlapin Biking. Their communication was usually pretty delayed and they didn't ship the second shock. After finally shipping it, the shock was returned to sender for some reason...all in all, I wouldn't say that they should be avoided...but there was definitely room for improvement.
I got my second shock from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000138191431.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.527a4c4dujZwCD
Rubin bike doesn't have as much feedback...but my service was awesome from them! So maybe they are hungry being a newer merchant...but with my single purchase I was beyond happy.
It should be also noted, that the Pasak shock comes in an air and an oil variant. The oil variant is slightly cheaper...but should still work if you want a little less performance... For what it's worth, I'm almost certain the Rattan Fat Bear Plus ebike comes with the Pasak oil based suspension fork....downgrade from my air variant.
At the time, this appeared to be the only shock that worked which I could find reliably (20 inch, fat tire, etc). Now it appears there is one more shock, the RST Guide: https://www.biktrix.com/products/rst-guide-fork
I can't comment on the RST shock as I just barely saw it a couple days ago. It's the shock found on Aventon Sinch bike.

2. Neco H185 Headset. This was my happiest discovery. After a bunch of searching, I finally figured out the exact headset used on the production Lectric XP...it's a Neco H184 headset (this should be true for production XP's...it may not be true for early prototypes as pictures I saw of those looked different than my headset). The nice thing is that the H184 and H185 are almost identical to each other. The H184 is a threaded headset and the H185 is the threadless version. So this works out great because I didn't have to change the cups in the steerer tube! Basically I just bought the H185 headset...but really only needed the crown race (simply because I didn't wanna take the old one off the original XP rigid fork), and the couple of parts at the top of the headset that are specific to threadless variant. You can get it here: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=h185. I also found it on Amazon...but it comes and goes there.

3. Steerer tube threadless spacers. This part is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and not needed at all. The only reason I got this was because I have commitment issues ;) Using a spacer allowed me the piece of mind that if I happened to cut my fork's steerer tube too short...I could remove the spacer and have a second/third chance, haha. This also could be a good option if anyone wants to raise their handlebars further...

4. Adjustable folding stem. The folding stem that comes on the Lectric XP is for a threaded fork and won't work with the threadless fork. So you need to swap that folding stem as well. There are potentially a bunch of different varieties that would work that can be found on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. I was trying to find one that folds to the right (same as original). I ultimately went with this one: https://www.amazon.com/SENQI-Handlebar-Adjustable-Accessories-28-6×25-4×410mm/dp/B07D5S3HJ3/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=senqi+adjustable+stem&qid=1585596154&sr=8-3
It was available in black from Amazon when I bought mine, but I'm only seeing silver on Amazon now... You can also find the same stem on AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909662921.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.2cf92e0e3cY1SK
There are other merchants on AliExpress that sale the same stem.
I don't like this stem quite as much as the original. The original utilized more welds and feels a bit more sturdy. This stem is not bad...I'd give it an 8/10 whereas the original would have been a 10/10. I did find what I think is our original stem but in a threadless version...but still digging into that. I'll update if I find more info on it.

And that's basically it. You really only need the 3 parts (4 if you want the spacer).
I'm finishing up a how-to video that I'll post on youtube to give step by step instructions. But it was all rather easy. You basically remove the old folding stem, take off brake/fender/light, remove the old fork, put on the new fork, put on brake/light, and put on the new folding stem.

Let me know what questions you have...

I am very interested in doing this mod!

Is there a dramatic difference in ride with the front suspension?
Did you have any problem getting the awful looking stickers off?
How long did it take to complete?

I am very interested in doing this mod!

Is there a dramatic difference in ride with the front suspension?
Did you have any problem getting the awful looking stickers off?
How long did it take to complete?

I think the ride difference is quite substantial. Of course if you are riding on smooth/flat pavement all the time then you won't notice much difference. But the second you go over any bumps (small or large) then there is a huge difference. You glide right over smaller bumps completely. And I can even go over curbs without too much of a bump. I rode on a dirt/bumpy rode over the weekend and it was quite a bit of difference there too.

No, stickers came of quite easily actually. Peeled right off...especially if you just go slower...they came off in mostly one piece.

It's fairly straight forward. Can be done in an hour. Maybe 2 if you go slower...

I think the ride difference is quite substantial. Of course if you are riding on smooth/flat pavement all the time then you won't notice much difference. But the second you go over any bumps (small or large) then there is a huge difference. You glide right over smaller bumps completely. And I can even go over curbs without too much of a bump. I rode on a dirt/bumpy rode over the weekend and it was quite a bit of difference there too.

No, stickers came of quite easily actually. Peeled right off...especially if you just go slower...they came off in mostly one piece.

It's fairly straight forward. Can be done in an hour. Maybe 2 if you go slower...

I ordered the parts and am looking forward to your video. Thanks for doing all the legwork!

Wow, I am looking for suspension forks at the moment and I plan on adding a Tongsheng (if it will fit) mid drive along with the hub motor for more fun on the trails and riding anywhere.. I am glad I found this post! I think its cool you found the exact stem!! I am searching for the motor type and controllers someone told me its possible to actually find all the parts that make this bike. Since lectric wont sell all of them to their customer base... Thanks for the info!

Wow, I am looking for suspension forks at the moment and I plan on adding a Tongsheng (if it will fit) mid drive along with the hub motor for more fun on the trails and riding anywhere.. I am glad I found this post! I think its cool you found the exact stem!! I am searching for the motor type and controllers someone told me its possible to actually find all the parts that make this bike. Since lectric wont sell all of them to their customer base... Thanks for the info!

You can open it up and look at the controller but its super generic, you search for it online and basically get nothing. The specs are there which is really what matters, what we need to know is exactly what cells are in the battery so we can calculate max discharge to see if we can pull more than 20amps. 20amp stock discharge is 2C, if these are indeed LG M26 then we could pull almost double that, I've heard people mention that but nothing confirmed. I would like to add another motor to the front w/ a second controller.

Attachments

• 20191008_173838.jpg
    20191008_173838.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 680
LG M26 is correct. 13s4p

I know you said you opened up the battery, so was it 100% the purple LG M26 with the proper LG model labels? The other guy just said they were purple and probably M26. Any pics? If they are indeed M26 then we can draw nearly twice the current or at least up to 30amp easily.

Hello, I'm from the Netherlands and following this topic.

I saw lectric XP on YouTube and I liked it. I never liked bikes but I wanted more exercise so...

Problem was they don't ship tot Europe, but I found somewhat of a replica.
Got it a couple of weeks now and U love it.

It is a Samebike XP
500 watt bafang
48v 10.4 ah battery
20 inch Chaoyang fat tires
I don't have your beautiful display, but I do have suspension front fork

After I adjust the speedometer to correct GPS speed, I reached a maximum speed of 38 km ph so that's 23,6 miles an hour.

I am in PAS 3 of 5 but I can't keep up with peddling if I turn it higher.
Normal riding with nice cadance is 28 km ph so 17 miles an hour.

I plan to visit a bike shop to change the gears.
The guy from Samebike (the dutch guy who imports them from China that is), said there is a 14t cassette in the rear wheel and I can't get smaller than 13.
So I probably need a bigger front blade and chain also.

The other issue I have is the battery.
I'm like 190 pounds and I ride in PAS 3 (higher is no sence cuz than I'm paddling through air) and I get 22 miles out of a charge wich is a bit dissapointing.
Ordered a second battery but due tot corona virus it is taking a while.
If I stay in level 2 the range is bigger.

Trying to find a bigger battery that still fits the bike, hoping for a 14ah.

But I love the bike and driving it almost every day 20 miles, lounge music in the headphones :)

Edit: just visited bike shop for advice on the gearing and hè thought a bigger front blade.
It is now 52t and they have ordered a 54t and will contact me when it's arrived.
Maybe a bigger chain is needed but replacing is done in 1 day.

IMG-20200328-134325.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a new company entered into the e-bike arena. Has anyone had any experience with this company or bike? It checks a lot of boxes for me. There are a few sponsored youtube videos on the bike.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
I Ordered 2 an am waiting till 3wk of this month April to get them shipped to me. Free panniers with you tuber code.

You can open it up and look at the controller but its super generic, you search for it online and basically get nothing. The specs are there which is really what matters, what we need to know is exactly what cells are in the battery so we can calculate max discharge to see if we can pull more than 20amps. 20amp stock discharge is 2C, if these are indeed LG M26 then we could pull almost double that, I've heard people mention that but nothing confirmed. I would like to add another motor to the front w/ a second controller.
Yea, Its true I cant find it anywhere I almost but a generic one that looked Identical but was afraid i would ruin it..! I am looking at luna Cycles to add a mid drive! I hope to get it this week.

This info is indeed helpful and thanks for sharing it. You've illustrated my kind of "one-dimensional thinking" on this. I had been thinking about maximum sustained wattage from the standpoint of the voltage factor ONLY at full charge. Of course, a lower voltage would require relative higher amps for any net amount of a given wattage, as your data shows. I'm still not sure about how good or bad it is to exceed any 500-watt power level for any extended amount of time. If so, what an actual duration of "extended time" would be in this case. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 800 watt "bursts" are unsustainable over longer periods of time (hence, "burst"), like an extended climb up a long, steep grade without using any pedal assist. I was wondering if it is possible to ever burn up the motor on some of the big hills around here, ones where I am pedaling in lowest gear and still pulling over 10 amps of power. There seem to be some smart minds on here with a lot more eBike experience than I've got. OK, that is one thing I AM sure about!

My controller says 18amps on it but the bike pulls 20 from the factory, which is 800-1000w over the voltage range of the battery. It seems it has a much more powerful motor than they lead on, even reviewers say it feels much more like a 750 than other 500's. I'd like to know what motor it is and what the torque rating is, was thinking of upgrading or adding a 2nd motor.

My controller says 18amps on it but the bike pulls 20 from the factory, which is 800-1000w over the voltage range of the battery. It seems it has a much more powerful motor than they lead on, even reviewers say it feels much more like a 750 than other 500's. I'd like to know what motor it is and what the torque rating is, was thinking of upgrading or adding a 2nd motor.
I’ll let you know because I’m about to do it I’m looking at a BSSHD from either the fan USA direct or Luna cycles per fan USA direct is about $300 cheaper but lunar cycles is the bomb Diggity but they are also $300 more expensive for all the parts I’m looking at spending about $1100 For a two motor system

Haha, sorry. Was crazy busy at work this week.

I'll get everything posted this weekend, including a how to video.

I just got my second shock this week and will be adding the suspension fork to my second XP this weekend as well!!
Does anyone know if Bob has posted a video of the disassembly / installation of the air suspension fork? Thanks.

Hello, I'm from the Netherlands and following this topic.

I saw lectric XP on YouTube and I liked it. I never liked bikes but I wanted more exercise so...

Problem was they don't ship tot Europe, but I found somewhat of a replica.
Got it a couple of weeks now and U love it.

It is a Samebike XP
500 watt bafang
48v 10.4 ah battery
20 inch Chaoyang fat tires
I don't have your beautiful display, but I do have suspension front fork

After I adjust the speedometer to correct GPS speed, I reached a maximum speed of 38 km ph so that's 23,6 miles an hour.

I am in PAS 3 of 5 but I can't keep up with peddling if I turn it higher.
Normal riding with nice cadance is 28 km ph so 17 miles an hour.

I plan to visit a bike shop to change the gears.
The guy from Samebike (the dutch guy who imports them from China that is), said there is a 14t cassette in the rear wheel and I can't get smaller than 13.
So I probably need a bigger front blade and chain also.

The other issue I have is the battery.
I'm like 190 pounds and I ride in PAS 3 (higher is no sence cuz than I'm paddling through air) and I get 22 miles out of a charge wich is a bit dissapointing.
Ordered a second battery but due tot corona virus it is taking a while.
If I stay in level 2 the range is bigger.

Trying to find a bigger battery that still fits the bike, hoping for a 14ah.

But I love the bike and driving it almost every day 20 miles, lounge music in the headphones :)

Edit: just visited bike shop for advice on the gearing and hè thought a bigger front blade.
It is now 52t and they have ordered a 54t and will contact me when it's arrived.
Maybe a bigger chain is needed but replacing is done in 1 day.
Does anyone happen to know what the model name is for this SameBike ebike?

Just ordered two xp’s and was wondering if anyone knew what the factory handlebar width is, looking to upgrade them on both bikes

Back