Lectric XP

I'm really enjoying my XP. Honestly even though it's got locked down settings, has some basic components and isn't "top-of-the-line" or the best at anything in particular, it's still really fun to ride. It has put a smile on my face and for the $900 it was worth the wait. I don't regret it as my first ebike.

Taking it up to 28 MPH was thrilling but with the stock gearing I won't be using that sort of speed much. Way too much pedaling effort. So I'm going to upgrade the freewheel and the chainring possibly next Spring. Winter is coming so I'm just going to ride as much as I can the way it is.

I guess I'll upgrade the seatpost as well seeing as most that have already done so gave such positive feedback. I may as well try a comfier springed seat too.

Another thing I'd like to add is an additional seat to be able to take my 2 year old son for a ride. I'm just not sure if I should go for a rear mounted seat (some attach to the rear rack) or a pull trailer he can sit in. The trailer would probably be heavier but more spacious and comfortable. The seat he would be looking at my back all the time. Any opinions on this?

The rear rack I think was a 50lb weight limit. Not sure I would trust it for putting a kid seat on it. I would probably go trailer route just in its ease of connecting and disconnecting. The XP will handle the extra weight of the trailer easily, just a little shorter range on the battery.

The rear rack I think was a 50lb weight limit. Not sure I would trust it for putting a kid seat on it. I would probably go trailer route just in its ease of connecting and disconnecting. The XP will handle the extra weight of the trailer easily, just a little shorter range on the battery.

Good points. I suppose I can secure my secondary battery to the trailer as well. 🤔 I've got some research to do.

I just replaced a tube that I popped from not watching the bead on the tire when I aired up after installing Slime. $8. on Amazon, $13 on AliExpress. Also bought a spare just to have one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CGDVXL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What year Vette did you have? I had a 62 for 25 years I sold a few years ago.
Thanks for the web link for the tube. Do you have a web link for the tires you bought? I'm sure that your '62 vette was a great car. I haven't bought my first corvette. I have always liked the corvettes through the years. They're my favorite car!

I just replaced a tube that I popped from not watching the bead on the tire when I aired up after installing Slime. $8. on Amazon, $13 on AliExpress. Also bought a spare just to have one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CGDVXL8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
When is it good to install Slime in an inner tube? I know that when you have a leak it does a good job. I've never used any personally before in a tubeless tire because I had heard that tire repair people do not like the mess it makes in a tire. That's the reason I ask this question. For personal future knowledge.

There have been several posts regarding default settings. I just got my XP on Oct 5th and it didn't match the "default" settings that were posted on this site. So I reached out to lectric since I know they have varied from batch to batch. So for the latest batch (mine included) here are the default settings.

Thanks for the web link for the tube. Do you have a web link for the tires you bought? I'm sure that your '62 vette was a great car. I haven't bought my first corvette. I have always liked the corvettes through the years. They're my favorite car!
No tires, just a tube. By your handle I thought you were a reformed Corvetter.

When is it good to install Slime in an inner tube? I know that when you have a leak it does a good job. I've never used any personally before in a tubeless tire because I had heard that tire repair people do not like the mess it makes in a tire. That's the reason I ask this question. For personal future knowledge.
The stock tires are tubed, also the tires are very thin and easliy pick up thorns, etc. I would rather have Slime in the tube to plug the hole than have to repair it on the spot or push it home. When I popped the tube with Slime already in it, no mess at all. I think your tire guys are referring to "Fix a Flat" and that stuff is a mess, but 4 ounces of Slime in a bike tube is nothing.
I Slimmed the bike tires as soon as I rode the bike once.

The stock tires are tubed, also the tires are very thin and easliy pick up thorns, etc. I would rather have Slime in the tube to plug the hole than have to repair it on the spot or push it home. When I popped the tube with Slime already in it, no mess at all. I think your tire guys are referring to "Fix a Flat" and that stuff is a mess, but 4 ounces of Slime in a bike tube is nothing.
Just curious, where you got the info on the tires being very thin, according to the tires manufacture website these tires are not that thin and there in an extra layer of protection for puncture resistance. Not saying your wrong by no means, just looking for the facts, because if your right I'll be looking for new tires. Have well over three hundred miles so far with no problem, so hoping it continues that way.

Just curious, where you got the info on the tires being very thin, according to the tires manufacture website these tires are not that thin and there in an extra layer of protection for puncture resistance. Not saying your wrong by no means, just looking for the facts, because if your right I'll be looking for new tires. Have well over three hundred miles so far with no problem, so hoping it continues that way.
The post here starting with the first deliveries and the Facebook Lectric XP user groups. Even a video posted there on one guys flat on the way home. I have had the tire off to replace the tube and they are no where near what the manufacture says they are. Glad you are doing well with yours. I just decided that and ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I am not changing tires, I'll run these until they wear out, but I do carry a patch kit in addition to the tubes being Slimmed.

The post here starting with the first deliveries and the Facebook Lectric XP user groups. Even a video posted there on one guys flat on the way home. I have had the tire off to replace the tube and they are no where near what the manufacture says they are. Glad you are doing well with yours. I just decided that and ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I am not changing tires, I'll run these until they wear out, but I do carry a patch kit in addition to the tubes being Slimmed.
Yeah I got a patch kit and CO2 tire filler right away because I also heard about people getting flats right away and some that got tube pinch and the tires went flat just sitting in garage. Still on the fence about the Slime, heard horror stories and heard positive ones also, so just not sure yet, need to see more results.

There have been several posts regarding default settings. I just got my XP on Oct 5th and it didn't match the "default" settings that were posted on this site. So I reached out to lectric since I know they have varied from batch to batch. So for the latest batch (mine included) here are the default settings.

View attachment 39812
Does PAS sensitivity mean PAS will kick in sooner if the number is higher? Mine is set to 3 now and it does take some rotation for PAS to kick in. Thanks!

Yeah I got a patch kit and CO2 tire filler right away because I also heard about people getting flats right away and some that got tube pinch and the tires went flat just sitting in garage. Still on the fence about the Slime, heard horror stories and heard positive ones also, so just not sure yet, need to see more results.
On the FB user group, Slime is the big thing. It has been proven to work with a video of a guy picking up a thorn and made it home with Slime in the tube. His video shows the Slime filling the puncture and he rode it home. The user group moderator even gave a bottle of slime and tire lines with the 500th person to sign up, he had a drawing. I hope I never need it, but I installed it, doesn't mean it's right.

Does PAS sensitivity mean PAS will kick in sooner if the number is higher? Mine is set to 3 now and it does take some rotation for PAS to kick in. Thanks!
P11 default 3. 1-24 sensitivity. Higher numbers take more rotation to turn on. If you want it to turn on sooner, lower the number.

On the FB user group, Slime is the big thing. It has been proven to work with a video of a guy picking up a thorn and made it home with Slime in the tube. His video shows the Slime filling the puncture and he rode it home. The user group moderator even gave a bottle of slime and tire lines with the 500th person to sign up, he had a drawing. I hope I never need it, but I installed it, doesn't mean it's right.
Wonder if it's okay to put it in the winter when I store it or I should just wait until spring then put it in.

I understand. They may have been talking about Fix a Flat, but didn't call it by name. So, can the Slime be place in the tube of a tire while the tube is inside a tire that's already mounted to the rim? Thanks.

I received #5084 today (a black and white ordered August 31st) delivered a day earlier than Fedex originally promised.

First impressions are that the bikes are bigger than I expected! The folding mechanisms work very well and overall quality seems quite good. It was raining off and on today so I only got to play with the black one for a few minutes, but I really enjoyed it. I have already purchased a replacement freewheel (like KevCentral used) and am looking forward to installing that, as the current gearing is way too low for me to comfortably pedal at higher speeds.

I'm really enjoying my XP. Honestly even though it's got locked down settings, has some basic components and isn't "top-of-the-line" or the best at anything in particular, it's still really fun to ride. It has put a smile on my face and for the $900 it was worth the wait. I don't regret it as my first ebike.

Taking it up to 28 MPH was thrilling but with the stock gearing I won't be using that sort of speed much. Way too much pedaling effort. So I'm going to upgrade the freewheel and the chainring possibly next Spring. Winter is coming so I'm just going to ride as much as I can the way it is.

I guess I'll upgrade the seatpost as well seeing as most that have already done so gave such positive feedback. I may as well try a comfier springed seat too.

Another thing I'd like to add is an additional seat to be able to take my 2 year old son for a ride. I'm just not sure if I should go for a rear mounted seat (some attach to the rear rack) or a pull trailer he can sit in. The trailer would probably be heavier but more spacious and comfortable. The seat he would be looking at my back all the time. Any opinions on this?

Check out these tag-a-long bikes. Your son may be too young for one of these now but it won't be long until he can ride along:

When I used to do a lot of weekend rides with my Cannondale my son loved to come along. We even did a 150 mile weekend ride for MS together.

Back