Lectric XP

You have a 1 year warranty on that bike, that should have prompted a call to Lectric for a new replacement rotor. A simply allen key set will allow you to adjust the caliper properly, pick one up cheap!
I could have done that. And I thought about it. So far I'm happy with what i got for the money

I did what is for me a long run today. 8.4 miles on the odometer getting there, and 8.4 coming back. My plan was pas 2 heading out and if my energy bar was happy, pas 3 on the return.

Another newb lesson. The human body makes a pretty good sail. I was heading into a stiff wind coming back and it looked like I was using up battery quickly so I had to use pas 2 and couldn't do better than 4th and 5th gear. I got down to 1st gear on a couple of hills. Pretty good workout for someone way out of shape like me. I still had over 43 volts when I parked it, so maybe I could have used pas 3.

I have heard this before, but does rad open every bike and adjust/set up before shipping them out? Doesn't seem like it when you watch unboxing videos.
Maybe you have to adjust everything on a Rad too at a much higher price. The Folding bike I priced at a local bike shop was $2,195, was not the bike the XP was, no fenders, rack, etc, but it was all adjusted. Here is the good part, it had a one year in store warranty. Two months later I went by to purchase a tube that I popped on the XP, and they were out of business. There went the one year warranty, now who is left to adjust anything? Not another bike shop in the area will touch ebikes. I would have paid more money and still had to be a DIY'er. 😂

Let's face it, we bought a cheap e-bike, that with a few adjustments, goes from Pretty Darned Good, to Great! I did only a few things to this bike that cost money and you still can't buy another bike that has all of the features mine does (even with the few upgrades and adjustments) for anywhere near the cost. Be happy with OK, but now mine is GREAT.

i don’t know about anyone else but ebike or not. $1000 for a bicycle is insanely expensive. Do I love it? YES! But I’m a guy that had huffy’s most of his life and my most expensive bike was a $350 from dicks sporting goods.

for me this is like the Tesla of bikes. Not a cheap ebike. A high quality bike that I am spoiled to own.

The rear rack I think was a 50lb weight limit. Not sure I would trust it for putting a kid seat on it. I would probably go trailer route just in its ease of connecting and disconnecting. The XP will handle the extra weight of the trailer easily, just a little shorter range on the battery.
Depends on how much you like the kid

i don’t know about anyone else but ebike or not. $1000 for a bicycle is insanely expensive. Do I love it? YES! But I’m a guy that had huffy’s most of his life and my most expensive bike was a $350 from dicks sporting goods.

for me this is like the Tesla of bikes. Not a cheap ebike. A high quality bike that I am spoiled to own.
Word

See this has been my entire issue. We have a $1000 bicycle that can't even get the speed or odometer correct. I'm not harping on lectric just to be an ass. That's a crap ton of money for a bicycle.

I bought a $3000 electric zero turn lawn mower. One of the gages on it was not working correctly. It didn't affect the mowers job of being able to mow at all. I called the company up, they said can you replace this part? I said yes, they sent me the gauge free of charge. I replaced it and everything was great with it. That's the exact kind of customer service I expect from a company.

That's not what we got from lectric when wanting the computer fixed. I don't see how that's being unreasonable at all.

This bike is put together very well.

See this has been my entire issue. We have a $1000 bicycle that can't even get the speed or odometer correct. I'm not harping on lectric just to be an ass. That's a crap ton of money for a bicycle.
Asking because I don't know. Are there any other ebikes that that come unlocked? I have seen posted they are not, but I have no first hand information.

Last edited:
Asking becuase I don't know. Are there any other ebikes that that come unlocked? I have seen posted they are not, but I have no first hand information.

Fully unlocked, No not usually. Of the bikes that I did look at, all that had a computer screen did allow you to change tire size and associated settings. That is the most basic function of the bicycle computer, to display speed, odometer and power settings. So I assume they all knew tire size adjustments would be necessary to dial in the accuracy of the computer. As for battery low voltage cutoff, Most do not allow you to go below the minimum value they set but they don't set that value to the dangerous level of 38.5v the first bikes released at or the slightly less dangerous 40.0v that ours is currently set at. What I wonder is, Did lectric learn anything from this and the October recipients of the bicycle have any different settings?

Fully unlocked, No not usually. Of the bikes that I did look at, all that had a computer screen did allow you to change tire size and associated settings. That is the most basic function of the bicycle computer, to display speed, odometer and power settings. So I assume they all knew tire size adjustments would be necessary to dial in the accuracy of the computer. As for battery low voltage cutoff, Most do not allow you to go below the minimum value they set but they don't set that value to the dangerous level of 38.5v the first bikes released at or the slightly less dangerous 40.0v that ours is currently set at. What I wonder is, Did lectric learn anything from this and the October recipients of the bicycle have any different settings?
I will update what settings are on mine when I get it. Was scheduled for delivery today but was just changed till Monday 10/14 😢 it’s been a long 6 week wait!!! Lol

First let me say I'm happy with my bike and for what I use it for if the odometer is off doesn't effect me in the slightest.

If you were in Lectric's shoes what would you do about 6000 problem bikes out there. Can't just adjust wheel size because it messes up the spedo too. Seems the only fix would be reprogram the lcd or replace it with a more accurate display. Not everyone is comfortable with doing that. Ship the bikes back? Who pays those costs? Say they do 50-100 to ship each way say 50 for the new parts/labor.... No way they do that and I wouldn't expect it either.

I bought a $3000 electric zero turn lawn mower. One of the gages on it was not working correctly. It didn't affect the mowers job of being able to mow at all. I called the company up, they said can you replace this part? I said yes, they sent me the gauge free of charge. I replaced it and everything was great with it. That's the exact kind of customer service I expect from a company.

That's not what we got from lectric when wanting the computer fixed. I don't see how that's being unreasonable at all.

First let me say I'm happy with my bike and for what I use it for if the odometer is off doesn't effect me in the slightest.

If you were in Lectric's shoes what would you do about 6000 problem bikes out there. Can't just adjust wheel size because it messes up the spedo too. Seems the only fix would be reprogram the lcd or replace it with a more accurate display. Not everyone is comfortable with doing that. Ship the bikes back? Who pays those costs? Say they do 50-100 to ship each way say 50 for the new parts/labor.... No way they do that and I wouldn't expect it either.
I use my phone hooked to GPS, problem solved, speed, milage, all correct, no big deal at all.

Back