Lectric XP

Stopped by my local sign shop to pick up some scrap sign vinyl to cover advertising that I have an Electric Bike. I showed the sign guy a picture of what I was doing and he came up with a great idea to pass on. He said any sign shop can make an overlay with a name and lettering of your choice that would look factory, all cut to size and it would not cost that much, "we can use scraps 😂" Great way to deter theft, "GPS Protected" would move theives on to the next bike

He did give me enough vinyl to do about 6 bikes and the good idea to pass along for those that would like to personalize their XP's

Long story, but I was advised by a local police officer, I asked him, about riding on City paths with signs that said "no motor vehicles" He said it would be a good idea not to advertise that I had an electric motor and nobody would probably bother me. There is no city ordinance so it could be an officers discretion. We travel a lot and I didn't want to call attention in every state I would be in, or to theives. I could just see one of the spandex crowd turning me into a park Ranger.

Last edited:
Long story, but I was advised by a local police officer, I asked him, about riding on City paths with signs that said "no motor vehicles" He said it would be a good idea not to advertise that I had and electric motor and nobody would probably bother me. There is no city ordinance so it could be an officers discretion. We travel a lot and I didn't want to call attention in every state I would be in, or to theives. I could just see one of the spandex crowd turning me into a park Ranger.

I leave PAS at 1 or 2 on those trails. Do not use throttle. My plan is to discreetly change to PAS 0 if anybody questions me. I feel like I'm following the spirit of the law, which I assume is to keep noise and speeds down. I did cover the big letters on frame with reflective tape. But left Lectric uncovered on front fork.

From what little information I could gather from your photos, are you at Kewadin State Park? I spent a lot of time on Wellesley Island in the RV. Hanging out at 4-mile creek this weekend.
Close. Two days at Krings Point SP, two days at Wellesley Island. We had Wellsely almost all to ourselves. A nice four days. The last trip of the year is down to Alleghany SP for four days the week of the 22nd.

Just a side note here. I am one of those people who care about those details. A lot of the discussion on here has been so what, just enjoy riding the bike, it's a minor detail. It's not a minor detail to those that care about details. It can be extremely annoying.
If you get an unlocked version of our controllers, you will really be unhappy, they are not accurate. With the same setting, the reading are not the same 2 days in a row. These controllers for someone that has OCD, will drive them to the shrinks office. 😂

Last edited:
If you get an unlocked version of our controllers, you will really be unhappy, they are not accurate. With the same setting, the reading are not the same 2 days in a row. These controllers for someone that has OCD, will drive them to the shrinks office. 😂
Agree, mine is close to accurate some days and way off other days.

Agree, mine is close to accurate some days and way off other days.
Thank you, at least I know it is not my two bikes. The one park I ride to is 2.2 miles from my house, has been for 30 years. One day the bike says 1.9 miles the next day 2.4, but the GPS program is 2.2 miles every time. Trying to get accurate settings is a waste of time, they don't work, except for the day you make the changes.

Last edited:
Thank you, at least I know it is not my two bikes. The one park I ride to is 2.2 miles from my house, has been for 30 years. One day the bike says 1.9 miles the next day 2.4, but the GPS program is 2.2 miles every time. Trying to get accurate settings is a waste of time, they don't work, except for the day you make the changes.
:) Don't buy the Lectric xp if you expect accurate odometer and speed readings. Probably do not buy one If you expect the "energy bar" to be correct. Expect a 25% error. Smile and be happy if it less than that!
I do not regret buying mine

:) Don't buy the Lectric xp if you expect accurate odometer and speed readings. Probably do not buy one If you expect the "energy bar" to be correct. Expect a 25% error. Smile and be happy if it less than that!
I do not regret buying mine
My buddy has a Volt brand bike and he says neither odometer or speedo are accurate as well.. I've mentioned it before my $20,000 motorcycle is off by 5mph @60mph... I'm not selling because of this.. the motorbike prior was also off. Just saying... Again 😁

Now that you mentioned it, my Z71 Colorado is off as well. I asked the dealer about that and they said it is because of the larger tires and Chevy does not correct for it.

Really? You've never owned a calculator or a tape measure or been married?
This is getting off topic. All calculators have rounding error. All tape measures are wrong.
I'm not married to this bike.

edit: I never thought I owned my spouse. The thought never crossed my mind till now. I find the thought repugnant.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure of the function. Lectric manual calls it "throttle active/inactive" but someone posted this picture: View attachment 39726 that shows P09 describing something more like what you are experiencing.
I imagine P11 and P12 would be the ones to tune for the rider weight. At 150lbs with default settings, I find the PAS comes on stronger than needed and could be a problem if the immediate path is not straight and clear.

Just a side note here. I am one of those people who care about those details. A lot of the discussion on here has been so what, just enjoy riding the bike, it's a minor detail. It's not a minor detail to those that care about details. It can be extremely annoying.

When I was young, I remember being called out to a house that had just finished construction and was there to clean the carpet. As I was walking through, there was probably 50 post-it notes hanging on the walls, cabinets, fixtures, you name it, they were everywhere. In talking with the construction guy that was there to show me what to clean, I asked him about all those notes. I had been cleaning their homes for a couple of years and never seen that. It was an infuriating topic for him. Every post-it was from the buyer. They were flaws that he wanted to be fixed. I read many of them, a slight bump in the wall here, a slight dip in the wall there. This cabinet door is off by 1cm. Very minor things in my opinion. I actually couldn't believe this guy was being so fanatically picky. It actually wasn't till years later that I realized, it wasn't just that he was picky. This was a huge investment. Someplace he may live at for the rest of his life. If you are a detail-oriented person, those flaws could have driven him mad if he had to live with them for the rest of his life. I fully understood that guy and actually had a newfound respect for him willing to go to the extremes he did to ensure he got what he felt he paid for. It was a contractor's nightmare, there is no doubt about that but the buyer wasn't wrong for wanting those things. No matter how minor I felt the detail was It must not have been minor to him.
But, it's a bike. From
Stopped by my local sign shop to pick up some scrap sign vinyl to cover advertising that I have an Electric Bike. I showed the sign guy a picture of what I was doing and he came up with a great idea to pass on. He said any sign shop can make an overlay with a name and lettering of your choice that would look factory, all cut to size and it would not cost that much, "we can use scraps 😂" Great way to deter theft, "GPS Protected" would move theives on to the next bike

He did give me enough vinyl to do about 6 bikes and the good idea to pass along for those that would like to personalize their XP's

Long story, but I was advised by a local police officer, I asked him, about riding on City paths with signs that said "no motor vehicles" He said it would be a good idea not to advertise that I had an electric motor and nobody would probably bother me. There is no city ordinance so it could be an officers discretion. We travel a lot and I didn't want to call attention in every state I would be in, or to theives. I could just see one of the spandex crowd turning me into a park Ranger.
$11 on Amazon. Blacked out mine

I imagine P11 and P12 would be the ones to tune for the rider weight. At 150lbs with default settings, I find the PAS comes on stronger than needed and could be a problem if the immediate path is not straight and clear.
I use 1 for both. I can't imagine why P11 has 24 settings; you don't want the motor to kick in until you've gone 1/4 mile?

This is getting off topic. All calculators have rounding error. All tape measures are wrong.
I'm not married to this bike.

edit: I never thought I owned my spouse. The thought never crossed my mind till now. I find the thought repugnant.
So, you going to sell her. JK

Back