Lectric XP

Got my bikes Friday. Much more padding in the box than i've seen in unboxing videos. Nothing was broken or bent. Brakes sqeeked a bit but after running hard and breaking fast a few times that went away. My POV, i don't look at the mileage or the speedometer since I'm going to use a more comprehensive service like Map My Ride from UnderArmour. The display on the bike is just really to help change PAS levels . My two cents.
Mine was the same way.

Got my bikes Friday. Much more padding in the box than i've seen in unboxing videos. Nothing was broken or bent. Brakes sqeeked a bit but after running hard and breaking fast a few times that went away. My POV, i don't look at the mileage or the speedometer since I'm going to use a more comprehensive service like Map My Ride from UnderArmour. The display on the bike is just really to help change PAS levels . My two cents.
Just curious, were you able to fit the bike in the trunk of your Tesla? BTW our bikes came in perfect condition and everything was tight! Happy Trails!

Replacing the same controller with an unlocked one would be a waste of money, they are still not accurate even after changing the settings.

I finished the forks today during half time. It looks finished with the forks no longer lettered.
I agree and im replacing XP controller with Kuteng 500w controler.
New controller will increase speed by 2 maybe 3mph but im not going for extra speed because 28mph is more then good for me on this bike.
Sine wave controllers are more stable, high efficiency, and have low current consumption plus this controller has exrta speed sensor wire so i can mount magnet on spokes and have external speed sensor in case motor internal speed sensor will still show wrong values with new controller.
I will also be able to hit 28mph+ with throttle only.
I have no idea who makes XP controller.

Next upgrade will be 20Ah battery so i can get range around 100miles ;)

Orginal controller pics

Attachments

• 20190930_171809.jpg
    20190930_171809.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 1,661
  • 20190930_171818.jpg
    20190930_171818.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 554

Nice! I just watched that video. LockPickingLawyer has some really great videos and Kryptonite has some good locks (once you get up in price).

Man my mind has changed on bike security and locks. After having my folder stolen I don't mind spending the few extra bucks to deter a thief from trying to cut one of those hardened steel locks. I'm watching videos, reading reviews, checking out all the high quality locks and willing to spend the cash on something that's going to prevent another loss. I worked too hard to give up my bike to some scumbag punk.

My current setup is okay but I made up my mind and I'm going for more proven hardness, difficulty and delay, pick-resistant, hydraulic bolt cutter destroyer, and straight up nasty you don't even want to try to take this bike. I gotta protect my investment somehow!

PS - my baby is safe for now...

Nice! I just watched that video. LockPickingLawyer has some really great videos and Kryptonite has some good locks (once you get up in price).

Man my mind has changed on bike security and locks. After having my folder stolen I don't mind spending the few extra bucks to deter a thief from trying to cut one of those hardened steel locks. I'm watching videos, reading reviews, checking out all the high quality locks and willing to spend the cash on something that's going to prevent another loss. I worked too hard to give up my bike to some scumbag punk.

My current setup is okay but I made up my mind and I'm going for more proven hardness, difficulty and delay, pick-resistant, hydraulic bolt cutter destroyer, and straight up nasty you don't even want to try to take this bike. I gotta protect my investment somehow!

View attachment 40027
If you chain lock, chain the bike to something high. Don't chain it low. The cutters needs leverage to cut. Chains make it harder to cut. Links move. Lot's of chain link locks have cloth like material over the links (like krytonite does) to keep your bike from getting scratched etc

So I've got a different topic I've been wanting to bring to light. The charger Lectric sent me works fine however the AC cable just doesn't securely fit into the power brick. It fits, but as an electronic device goes it just doesn't feel snug and right. If moved,it can easily lose connection. This isn't a problem if left alone but if my dog stumbles upon it and knocks it loose my battery will no longer charge. Annoying, ugh! Anyone else eXPerience this issue? (Pun fully intended, see pics below...)

I found other cables here at work that fit a lot more snug and securely but they're rated at 7a/125v... Bummer. The OEM cable is rated at 10a/250v. Any ideas?

View attachment 40027
I don't care where I am, I'm locking both of my bikes together through the handle below the seats. That big a$$ chain I'm getting from Krytonite will do just fine.

I don't care where I am, I'm locking both of my bikes together through the handle below the seats. That big a$$ chain I'm getting from Krytonite will do just fine.

Here's something I just thought about. That handle is made of aluminum just like the rest of the frame. That aluminum is softer than the hardened steel chain so a they could technically cut that and steal the bike. It would ruin the integrity and strength of the frame but it would be a lot easier to steal than cutting through the chain or lock. They could even repair that handle with some welding skills but it is a point of weakness. Just something to think about.

PS - I use it to lock my bike too. 🤔

Orginal controller pics

Nice! Finally we have some data on the OEM controller. I think we need to start a dedicated thread for this as it will get buried and lost in this one. It will be a great source for those that choose to go this route and begin hacking their XPs.

I'm definitely looking forward to your new controller setup and the upgraded 20Ah battery!

I wonder if this XP subforum is one of the most popular on EBR or the internet in general lol...!

Here's something I just thought about. That handle is made of aluminum just like the rest of the frame. That aluminum is softer than the hardened steel chain so a they could technically cut that and steal the bike. It would ruin the integrity and strength of the frame but it would be a lot easier to steal than cutting through the chain or lock. They could even repair that handle with some welding skills but it is a point of weakness. Just something to think about.

PS - I use it to lock my bike too. 🤔
True. I also use some other smaller rope like locks to go through the seats/tire. Gonna be a a cut fest to get the bike. Plus, I plan on being near...

So I've got a different topic I've been wanting to bring to light. The charger Lectric sent me works fine however the AC cable just doesn't securely fit into the power brick. It fits, but as an electronic device goes it just doesn't feel snug and right. If moved,it can easily lose connection. This isn't a problem if left alone but if my dog stumbles upon it and knocks it loose my battery will no longer charge. Annoying, ugh! Anyone else eXPerience this issue? (Pun fully intended, see pics below...)

I found other cables here at work that fit a lot more snug and securely but they're rated at 7a/125v... Bummer. The OEM cable is rated at 10a/250v. Any ideas?

View attachment 40028
View attachment 40029
View attachment 40030
Your 7A cable will do just fine. Charger is rated at 2A input. You could push 5A more thru it.

I agree and im replacing XP controller with Kuteng 500w controler.
New controller will increase speed by 2 maybe 3mph but im not going for extra speed because 28mph is more then good for me on this bike.
Sine wave controllers are more stable, high efficiency, and have low current consumption plus this controller has exrta speed sensor wire so i can mount magnet on spokes and have external speed sensor in case motor internal speed sensor will still show wrong values with new controller.
I will also be able to hit 28mph+ with throttle only.
I have no idea who makes XP controller.

Next upgrade will be 20Ah battery so i can get range around 100miles ;)
Will be anxious to hear your report. For a fact, the unlocked XP controllers satisfy your eyes and that is all. Please let us know how the new setup works.

Last edited:
Anyone know replacement battery options for the Lectric XP that has higher AH than 10.4???

Everytime I go up uphill on PAS 3, the battery drops to like 25%.. and it scares me.
So i bring it down to PAS 2 (50% battery).. and sweat like crazy and I input so much human power.
Sno kid posted a link for battery alternatives on page 11 in this thread. I have been eyeballing them but waiting for somebody else to buy one first. I measured my battery and they appear to be a fit if you get the larger one. In 2 weeks the 48v 14 amp hour went from about $320 us to $518

I'm sure this has probably been brought up in the past, but has any body put road tires on their bikes, and if so, where did you get them? 20"x4" tires seem to be in very slim options.
You can get them from the rad power bikes website they seem to be cheapest there also get the larger 20x4.25 tubes i think you may be able to find the tubes cheaper somewhere else but not the tires

Short and sweet.
What is everyone using to keep their bikes safe from theft? I bought a kryptonite U lock which comes with a $750 protection against theft. I know these can easily be cut, so I'm also planning on getting a disc brake lock with an alarm built in. I figure both of these will help keep people honest and generally my bike will be safe because it's stored in my locked garage or indoor at my work which is also very secure (cameras, no public access, few employees on-site, etc) But in the rare instance I want to ride the bike to the store or a restaurant. I want a little added protection beyond the u-lock and disc brake lock.

Has anyone used a GPS tracker or recommend one? I was taking a look at the boomerang cyclotrac v1. $29 to buy and $4 a month. The problem is that the lectric xp doesn't have water bottle screw holes. They offer a bike rack clamp and the device would be hidden under the pannier bags but I'm just not quite ready to pull the trigger. Anyone have experience with the boomerang cyclotrac? https://boomerangbike.com/
kevcentral did his third review on this bike and he recomends a bottle holder you can put on the handle bar post. It looks pretty good because it appears just to be a mounting bracket that you can screw any bottle holder into. I bought one that clamped onto the same post but had the bottle holder integrated right into it. Its plastic and kinda flimsy. The bottle would pop out when going over bumps. I have since put my bottle in a beer coozy and it holds it in much better though but still not as good as an aluminum or steel one on my other bikes because those you can bend in or out for the tightness you want

I think it's because it has been trouble for them in the past. You are looking for value. That's why you bought the XP in the first place. Then you take a 900.00 bike that works fine in for a " simple " adjustment or tune up and they are going to charge you a big chunk of money that is disproportionate to the cost of the bike. That is a formula that is just itching for confrontation. With simple hand tools and a little bit of YouTube coaching, get out there and do the adjustments yourself. Get to know the bike better in the process. Who knows, with a little success you might get the encouragement to try changing that light bulb in the hallway next?
Yay youtube! I have fixed every appliance in my house, my truck, my lawnmower, motorcycles and my bikes all thanks to you tube. Its allready jacked up why not try to fix it right?

Back