Lectric XP

I'm really enjoying my XP. Honestly even though it's got locked down settings, has some basic components and isn't "top-of-the-line" or the best at anything in particular, it's still really fun to ride. It has put a smile on my face and for the $900 it was worth the wait. I don't regret it as my first ebike.

Taking it up to 28 MPH was thrilling but with the stock gearing I won't be using that sort of speed much. Way too much pedaling effort. So I'm going to upgrade the freewheel and the chainring possibly next Spring. Winter is coming so I'm just going to ride as much as I can the way it is.

I guess I'll upgrade the seatpost as well seeing as most that have already done so gave such positive feedback. I may as well try a comfier springed seat too.

Another thing I'd like to add is an additional seat to be able to take my 2 year old son for a ride. I'm just not sure if I should go for a rear mounted seat (some attach to the rear rack) or a pull trailer he can sit in. The trailer would probably be heavier but more spacious and comfortable. The seat he would be looking at my back all the time. Any opinions on this?
A trailer might be tricky make sure you get one that attatches to the seat post because a lot of them attatch to the frame right in front of the rear hub. Guess what? These bikes dont have that bar that extends from the rear hub to the crank( pedal area). If you want a child seat you should get a rear rack that they have on rad bikes. They are thicker and have an integrated mount on them to accept child seats.

The trailers are nice though i have one for my other bikes. You can hardly feel them behind you even on a non motorized bike. I got a 2 seater even though i only have one kid. You can load it up with your kid and a ton of groceries or a picnic.

You can get them from the rad power bikes website they seem to be cheapest there also get the larger 20x4.25 tubes i think you may be able to find the tubes cheaper somewhere else but not the tires
I've see some posts suggesting "larger" tubes. The tubes that come in our bike's tires are 20x4.2

Sorry. I havnt had my tires off. I assumed the tubes on lectric were 20x4
I'm sorry if i can across as harsh. I was just trying to be informative.

A trailer might be tricky make sure you get one that attatches to the seat post because a lot of them attatch to the frame right in front of the rear hub. Guess what? These bikes dont have that bar that extends from the rear hub to the crank( pedal area). If you want a child seat you should get a rear rack that they have on rad bikes. They are thicker and have an integrated mount on them to accept child seats.

The trailers are nice though i have one for my other bikes. You can hardly feel them behind you even on a non motorized bike. I got a 2 seater even though i only have one kid. You can load it up with your kid and a ton of groceries or a picnic.

Besides the structural aspect of a rack mounted seat there's also the issue of balancing the bike upright and securing my son in. A trailer would probably be best as I won't have to balance the bike while getting my son in and out of the seat. Not to mention the trailer will have more room for things and overhead cover.

I'm searching for a seatpost mounted trailer but I haven't found it yet. I found this nice utility trailer but nothing for kids.

Besides the structural aspect of a rack mounted seat there's also the issue of balancing the bike upright and securing my son in. A trailer would probably be best as I won't have to balance the bike while getting my son in and out of the seat. Not to mention the trailer will have more room for things and overhead cover.

I'm searching for a seatpost mounted trailer but I haven't found it yet. I found this nice utility trailer but nothing for kids.

Sno kid posted a link for battery alternatives on page 11 in this thread. I have been eyeballing them but waiting for somebody else to buy one first. I measured my battery and they appear to be a fit if you get the larger one. In 2 weeks the 48v 14 amp hour went from about $320 us to $518
They did take a HUGE hit. Our 10.4 amp was $250. now $405. It didn't pay to wait on these. Half the price of the bike for a battery? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32886142646.html?spm=2114.search0302.3.22.4aae32a6cBlMG6&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_0_10130_453_454_10618_536_317_537_319_10059_10696_10084_10083_10547_10546_10887_10307_321_10548_322_10065_10068_10103_10884_10545,searchweb201603_0,ppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=9060086d-2cd4-41bc-a584-c9db95ff349f&algo_expid=9060086d-2cd4-41bc-a584-c9db95ff349f-2&fbclid=IwAR2iub7Rw96qsRW-FOn0ckNn_FaGflOriE0k9HWezCflN81w1Y8FRapwkkc

Did you buy from Lectric or from AliExpress? Also what capacity?
I purchased from Lectric. Same capacity. I have found that my battery after several charges is holding the charge longer, I go twenty + miles with maybe one bar going down, mostly on PAS 2, getting the feeling that the 10.4amp extra battery will be more than enough.

I purchased from Lectric. Same capacity. I have found that my battery after several charges is holding the charge longer, I go twenty + miles with maybe one bar going down, mostly on PAS 2, getting the feeling that the 10.4amp extra battery will be more than enough.

Oh okay I thought maybe you were the first guinea pig to try one of those larger capacity batteries from AliExpress.

I also bought a second battery from Lectric. I'm glad I did!

I've been reading about people using the PAS 5 and trying to get up to 28mph, once unlocked. Some think you have to be in top gear and pedal like a crazy person. you don't. It's a cadence sensor, so as long as you are pedaling steadily, even slowly, the motor kicks in. I've been on level ground, pedaling slowly and steadily, and go thru PAS 1-5, and it just goes faster and faster and faster, I don't pedal any faster at all. Yeah, it feels weird, to be pedaling and because of your speed and the gearing, your pedaling isn't really doing anything, it's not turning the rear wheel any faster, but as long as you pedal slow and steady, the motor kicks in and it takes off.
You don't have to pedal like crazy, like a regular bike, to go faster, the motor does that. You can go through PAS 1-5, pedal slow and steady and you will go faster and faster. I'm sure it looks weird to someone seeing you, since your speed and your pedaling do not match. You are pedaling nice and slow and steady and your bike is going 28 mph!

I've been reading about people using the PAS 5 and trying to get up to 28mph, once unlocked. Some think you have to be in top gear and pedal like a crazy person. you don't. It's a cadence sensor, so as long as you are pedaling steadily, even slowly, the motor kicks in. I've been on level ground, pedaling slowly and steadily, and go thru PAS 1-5, and it just goes faster and faster and faster, I don't pedal any faster at all. Yeah, it feels weird, to be pedaling and because of your speed and the gearing, your pedaling isn't really doing anything, it's not turning the rear wheel any faster, but as long as you pedal slow and steady, the motor kicks in and it takes off.
You don't have to pedal like crazy, like a regular bike, to go faster, the motor does that. You can go through PAS 1-5, pedal slow and steady and you will go faster and faster. I'm sure it looks weird to someone seeing you, since your speed and your pedaling do not match. You are pedaling nice and slow and steady and your bike is going 28 mph!

On my ride from work last night I did just this exactly how you described it. It was 2am and I had to ride past a sketchy neighborhood so I crank it up to PAS 5 with P08 set to 45 KPH (28 MPH). All I had to do was pedal steadily and the motor would stay on. My battery did warm up ever so slightly.

I just had one goal in mind, get home ASAP! I made it home at a new record time of 31 minutes covering 8.5 miles. It was so fun and I couldn't be happier with this ebike.

Kind of went with the same, only Abus. Cable for the seat and the Suntour seat post.

That looks great! Both lock and chain from Abus! And of course we gotta secure our seatpost somehow.

Also, I received my head and tail lights and I have to say for $60 these are awesome! The craftsmanship and construction feels solid and of very good quality. The lights are indeed very bright and I love that their USB rechargable. They are engineered by an American company out of California and it seems like they've built a quality product. Normally I don't write reviews but I think I will for these. Initial impressions are very good and I'd highly recommend these for daytime or night time riding. Give these a try!

I'm going to do a night time ride later and take some pictures. The lights are currently charging.

I just opened mine and got it together. I didn't get my bags? Do they come in another package?
Can't speak for every body, but mine and my cousins came in the same box as the bike, but I have heard some have gotten them in a separate box also, so still might show up yet. Personally I didn't like them, found them annoying the way you have to buckle them down, just not easy on and off, but for free, not terrible.

Can't speak for every body, but mine and my cousins came in the same box as the bike, but I have heard some have gotten them in a separate box also, so still might show up yet. Personally I didn't like them, found them annoying the way you have to buckle them down, just not easy on and off, but for free, not terrible.
Same box

I just opened mine and got it together. I didn't get my bags? Do they come in another package?

I ordered 2 XPs, a white and black, my black one arrived a few days ago and no bag inside, order 57xx. I emailed Lectric and they are sending me one. My wife's white one has a label created but not shipped yet, hoping the bag is included with her bike.

Last edited:
Back