Lectric XP

8.9 miles on bike LCD = 11.68 miles on GPS.
Average speed - 4.5mph LCD and 11mph GPS.
If you not moving bike LCD timer still runs and adds that time to measure avg.speed.
Max speed lcd 27.5mph and 28mph GPS. Very close but not perfect.
Between 10 20 mph , lcd shows lower speeds by 2-3mph then what GPS shows.

Attachments

• 20191012_165746.jpg
    20191012_165746.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot_20191012-165716.jpg
    Screenshot_20191012-165716.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 286
This is getting off topic. All calculators have rounding error. All tape measures are wrong.
I'm not married to this bike.

edit: I never thought I owned my spouse. The thought never crossed my mind till now. I find the thought repugnant.

Since you're being so serious, I will too.

Item 1: It was a joke

Item 2: You'll notice that I rephrased what you said to
owned a calculator or tape measure or been married?
I didn't say anything about owning a spouse.

Item 3: It was a joke

8.9 miles on bike LCD = 11.68 miles on GPS.
Average speed - 4.5mph LCD and 11mph GPS.
If you not moving bike LCD timer still runs and adds that time to measure avg.speed.
Max speed lcd 27.5mph and 28mph GPS. Very close but not perfect.
Between 10 20 mph , lcd shows lower speeds by 2-3mph then what GPS shows.
I take it you are still using the stock controller? Even after making P setting adjustments, I am all over the board just like you are, and that is just from sitting overnight. Yesterday the LCD read 4.8 miles, GPS 5.12 and mine is an unlocked controller, they are as inaccurate a the locked controllers and that is with the tire size set to 22.2 inches.

Time to get on to some real mods that work. 😂 I used "free" sign vinyl yesterday to blank out LECTRIC not to call attention when I ride bike paths that say "no motorized vehicles". In some states an electric motor is a motor on some public paths. My luck one of the Spandex crowd would turn me in. I want to fly under the radar and not draw any attention.

The sign shop that gave me the vinyl came up with a good idea for those in high crime areas or if you want to personalize your bike. Changing the lettering to "GPS Protected" or LoJac installed, might send thieves on to the next bike instead of targeting on the sign, "I'm Electric". He said it would be inexpensive as we can use scrapes and it would look factory. 😊

Attachments

• 2019-10-12 14.07.29.jpg
    2019-10-12 14.07.29.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
I take it you are still using the stock controller? Even after making P setting adjustments, I am all over the board just like you are, and that is just from sitting overnight. Yesterday the LCD read 4.8 miles, GPS 5.12 and mine is an unlocked controller, they are as inaccurate a the locked controllers and that is with the tire size set to 22.2 inches.

Time to get on to some real mods that work. 😂 I used "free" sign vinyl yesterday to blank out LECTRIC not to call attention when I ride bike paths that say "no motorized vehicles". In some states an electric motor is a motor on some public paths. My luck one of the Spandex crowd would turn me in. I want to fly under the radar and not draw any attention.

The sign shop that gave me the vinyl came up with a good idea for those in high crime areas or if you want to personalize your bike. Changing the lettering to "GPS Protected" or LoJac installed, might send thieves on to the next bike instead of targeting on the sign, "I'm Electric". He said it would be inexpensive as we can use scrapes and it would look factory. 😊
Did you take your bikes to the sign shop so they could match the color or did they give you a standard black and white that happened to match?

Yes sir , still with old controller because shipping from China is hit or miss.

I put the vinyl on my bike for the same reason and I still have to do the front fork. Vinyl or not bike is still an attention magnet.

Did you take your bikes to the sign shop so they could match the color or did they give you a standard black and white that happened to match?
The shop gave me free scrapes. Standard black and white matched perfect. A 4x6 inch piece will do both sides. He gave me enough to do both bikes one white one black with more in case I made a mistake I cut the vinyl to follow the strip pattern using a piece of computer paper to trace the angle of the strip. Sprayed the bike surface with soapy water, peeled the backing off the vinyl, you can move the vinyl to where you want it, then squeegee it off forcing the water out. I used a plastic squeegee given to me by the sign shop, they get them free when they buy vinyl, he had a box full. If you put the vinyl on dry, you will get air bubbles if not of experienced. With the water, they will smooth out or you can peel the vinyl back smoothing it out with the squeegee.

The shop gave me free scrapes. Standard black and white matched perfect. A 4x6 inch piece will do both sides. He gave me enough to do both bikes one white one black with more in case I made a mistake I cut the vinyl to follow the strip pattern using a piece of computer paper to trace the angle of the strip. Sprayed the bike surface with soapy water, peeled the backing off the vinyl, you can move the vinyl to where you want it, then squeegee it off forcing the water out. I used a plastic squeegee given to me by the sign shop, they get them free when they buy vinyl, he had a box full. If you put the vinyl on dry, you will get air bubbles if not of experienced.
Thank you, that was all very helpful info.

Hi @brobox , I see you have star union headlight installed on the bike. Can you please us more about it? How is your experience so far? How did you connect it to the battery?

Hi @brobox , I see you have star union headlight installed on the bike. Can you please us more about it? How is your experience so far? How did you connect it to the battery?
That is what came on the bike. How could you tell what is was by the photo? I had to go look.😁 Looks fine in garage. It has a 4 inch pigtail with a plug that plugs into the main harness. I haven't ridden the bike at night yet, Happy Hour is before dark this time of year. 😂

Attachments

• 2019-10-13 14.27.20.jpg
    2019-10-13 14.27.20.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 352
Brobox,

i found these GPS decals on Amazon. They look factory on the top of the frame rail.

From your post, I checked, several different style available. Good find. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...archText=gps+warning+sticker&switch_new_app=y

You guys have awesome ideas and useful info on keeping our ebikes low key. It's true these ebikes definitely attract attention!

Unfortunately someone stole my regular folding bike (Downtube Nova). It was a fairly inexpensive bike from 2012 but I enjoyed it a lot. I got a little careless and locked it up outside the train station because sometimes it's hard to find a spot inside the train station where there is an attendant sometimes present. I was in a hurry and took a chance. Well I sure paid the price for it, my folder was taken. I should've locked it up inside the train station where there's cameras and many other bikes but that's what happens when you're careless sometimes.

I will NOT be taking any chances with my ebike and will be way more cautious. I went and purchased a few locks and I'm still considering alternatives. I feel a little more secure but still want to avoid any unwanted attention. I like the idea of the GPS stickers, the black vinyl and any other ways to stay low key. I bought this nice 3 ft hardened steel chain which is quite heavy but I don't like that it can scratch my paint. I also got this Bell long shackle u-lock and a very thick steel cable. It all cost me a good chunk of change but I didn't mind. I'm now using my panniers full-time to carry around this extra weight from the locks. Better safe than sorry!

Also, I rode my XP to work and wow was that fun. It took me 40 minutes and traveled 8.5 miles. I used PAS 3 and got up to 20 MPH often also using the throttle when I wanted a break from pedaling. The battery gauge said I had about half capacity left. I felt the power output of the motor decline as I used up the battery. Torque and speed decreased. There were some bumps and cracks along the way but nothing I couldn't avoid and maneuver around. The motor really helps off the line and to carry my weight, my locks and my cargo easily. I was even fighting some strong head winds so I'm glad the XP handled it so well. I thought about getting on the train for part of the commute but decided to just bike it the whole way. I enjoyed it too much and got a chance to put my ebike to the test. I charged my battery back up at my desk and had a full charge to ride back home. I'm fortunate to have a secured bike room at work but I still locked up my bike in there. I'm not taking any chances!

Lastly, I ordered some additional head and tail lights to be better seen by traffic especially at night. Cost me $60 so I hope they're decent. I like that they're rechargable via USB port. I'm going to order a helmet next.

71XrWf4Y6qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
You guys have awesome ideas and useful info on keeping our ebikes low key. It's true these ebikes definitely attract attention!

Unfortunately someone stole my regular folding bike (Downtube Nova). It was a fairly inexpensive bike from 2012 but I enjoyed it a lot. I got a little careless and locked it up outside the train station because sometimes it's hard to find a spot inside the train station where there is an attendant sometimes present. I was in a hurry and took a chance. Well I sure paid the price for it, my folder was taken. I should've locked it up inside the train station where there's cameras and many other bikes but that's what happens when you're careless sometimes.

I will NOT be taking any chances with my ebike and will be way more cautious. I went and purchased a few locks and I'm still considering alternatives. I feel a little more secure but still want to avoid any unwanted attention. I like the idea of the GPS stickers, the black vinyl and any other ways to stay low key. I bought this nice 3 ft hardened steel chain which is quite heavy but I don't like that it can scratch my paint. I also got this Bell long shackle u-lock and a very thick steel cable. It all cost me a good chunk of change but I didn't mind. I'm now using my panniers full-time to carry around this extra weight from the locks. Better safe than sorry!

View attachment 40018

Also, I rode my XP to work and wow was that fun. It took me 40 minutes and traveled 8.5 miles. I used PAS 3 and got up to 20 MPH often also using the throttle when I wanted a break from pedaling. The battery gauge said I had about half capacity left. I felt the power output of the motor decline as I used up the battery. Torque and speed decreased. There were some bumps and cracks along the way but nothing I couldn't avoid and maneuver around. The motor really helps off the line and to carry my weight, my locks and my cargo easily. I was even fighting some strong head winds so I'm glad the XP handled it so well. I thought about getting on the train for part of the commute but decided to just bike it the whole way. I enjoyed it too much and got a chance to put my ebike to the test. I charged my battery back up at my desk and had a full charge to ride back home. I'm fortunate to have a secured bike room at work but I still locked up my bike in there. I'm not taking any chances!

View attachment 40019

Lastly, I ordered some additional head and tail lights to be better seen by traffic especially at night. Cost me $60 so I hope they're decent. I like that they're rechargable via USB port. I'm going to order a helmet next.

71XrWf4Y6qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Great info.

Here is the lock I'm getting.
Kryptonite New York Legend 1515 15mm Chain & New York Lock 15mm Bicycle Motorcycle Disc Lock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W44Y5H9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CQ6ODbA6XTQ57

Yes sir , still with old controller because shipping from China is hit or miss.

I put the vinyl on my bike for the same reason and I still have to do the front fork. Vinyl or not bike is still an attention magnet.
Replacing the same controller with an unlocked one would be a waste of money, they are still not accurate even after changing the settings.

I finished the forks today during half time. It looks finished with the forks no longer lettered.

Got my bikes Friday. Much more padding in the box than i've seen in unboxing videos. Nothing was broken or bent. Brakes sqeeked a bit but after running hard and breaking fast a few times that went away. My POV, i don't look at the mileage or the speedometer since I'm going to use a more comprehensive service like Map My Ride from UnderArmour. The display on the bike is just really to help change PAS levels . My two cents.

Back