Lectric XP

Thats over 3500 bikes sold

If that was insurance then settings would be lock on bike number 1 shipped to the costumer.
I think they got too many calls from people messing their settings up .
No time to sit on the phone when you need to create labels for bikes to be shipped so easiest fix is to lock the settings and problem is gone.
I dunno but they could not get insured unless they stated that they manufactured the motor when we all know they come on the bike from china. I talked to them and they admitted this because i wanted to know who made motor since it was not stamped bafang. They said motor was built to their specs which qualified them as manufacturer. Now i dont know how much input they had, probably just getting "lectric" stamped on it qualified it as built to their specs. They wouldn't give out much info on this.

I dunno but they could not get insured unless they stated that they manufactured the motor when we all know they come on the bike from china. I talked to them and they admitted this because i wanted to know who made motor since it was not stamped bafang. They said motor was built to their specs which qualified them as manufacturer. Now i dont know how much input they had, probably just getting "lectric" stamped on it qualified it as built to their specs. They wouldn't give out much info on this.
It looks like bafang just with different logo.

Not to let them off the hook, but do keep in mind these are two young guys. Throughout this whole experience they have been flying by the seat of their pants and making adjustments as they go along. You're not working with an established company here with many years of experience. At some point someone may have suggested to them to CYA concerning settings, and they did so. When I had my Rad Mini there were not many settings I could change there either. Don't have my XP yet, so can't contribute beyond this. I do suspect some hacker will eventually solve this issue, which happened with the Rad Rover.

ehhh, I don't think I agree. The company has been around for a while, they were selling longboards and such prior. So it's not that they are completely new to the business. I still say they did it to stop the calls about people screwing up their settings. Its EXTREMELY easy to change a setting and you not know it. Just look at the very first setting which is your backlight setting. You hit the up/down arrow thinking it's going to next setting but instead, it changes that setting and you don't notice the 0 turns to a 1 or vice versa and boom, you hit M and its saved and probably screwed up. I'm betting they got tons of those calls.

Not to let them off the hook, but do keep in mind these are two young guys. Throughout this whole experience they have been flying by the seat of their pants and making adjustments as they go along. You're not working with an established company here with many years of experience. At some point someone may have suggested to them to CYA concerning settings, and they did so. When I had my Rad Mini there were not many settings I could change there either. Don't have my XP yet, so can't contribute beyond this. I do suspect some hacker will eventually solve this issue, which happened with the Rad Rover.
FYI Just ckd my rad mini. Can only change wheel size, 32-40 kph, screen brightness and mph-kph. No other possible changes even show up on display. Cycles through these 4 setting

Minor, To a point, yes. These are settings you are probably going to change once and leave it. but the changes can produce a much better overall more enjoyable experience for the rider. This in my opinion, is a huge ethical issue. These settings were deliberately locked and the people not notified about it, AFTER you had already paid for the bike. My money was withdrawn the day I purchased the bike, not after delivery. If I had known the settings would be locked, I would not have bought the bicycle even at the great deal it was.
So what bike are you going to buy that has all the settings that you want adjustable Rad mini doesn't... Just curious

It seems to me that people are nitpicking on a bike that's a fantastic rider. Perhaps if you got on the bike and put some decent miles on it, you'd find the true joy is in cruising around, getting from place to place quickly and not staring aimlessly at your digital display. Use it as a supplement to your ride, you want detailed ride stats, then get yourself a small garmin bike computer, or get online and become a member of Strava and then you can get REALLY detailed stats. Pretty sure you can run Strava on your phone and it will track your ride, so no additional GPS computer is necessary. I have the garmin because it's very small and was perfect for my bike path rides. This is why GPS tracking speed, movement and distance is far more consistent than a cadence sensor, motor controller, computer, tire size, etc etc etc.

Strava is also cool because it has "Segments" where you are compared against other riders online through various sections of path or road that have already been set up by other riders. Very cool!

ehhh, I don't think I agree. The company has been around for a while, they were selling longboards and such prior. So it's not that they are completely new to the business. I still say they did it to stop the calls about people screwing up their settings. Its EXTREMELY easy to change a setting and you not know it. Just look at the very first setting which is your backlight setting. You hit the up/down arrow thinking it's going to next setting but instead, it changes that setting and you don't notice the 0 turns to a 1 or vice versa and boom, you hit M and its saved and probably screwed up. I'm betting they got tons of those calls.
And wrong information being given on other forums on how to make changes. They are not telling people to use the "mode" button to toggle to the P settings. You know darn well people get confuised and using the up arrow button which changes the P setting and they don't know how to get back to it and Lectric is getting all the calls.

So what bike are you going to buy that has all the settings that you want adjustable Rad mini doesn't... Just curious

I didn't need a folding bike, to begin with. This one just appeared to be a good deal. Don't get me wrong, It is a good deal and it will work for lots of people just with the price alone. I look at multiple factors when purchasing almost anything but above all else, my number 1 requirement is excellent customer service. I am more than happy to pay more knowing I got full support from the company I buy from. Especially when I am dealing with technology. Locking out settings and not letting your customers know about before your bicycle ships, falls under that poor customer service department. Especially when it has been 2 days now with no response. Giving them the benefit of the doubt with being slammed with orders, which is why I'm not pushing hard at them, yet.

What will I get, I don't know, I stopped looking once I found out what all the bicycle "used" to be able to do and the specific ones I wanted to be able to use. I guess I will have to go on the hunt and keep researching. All this also depends on their response. They may make it right and then I would be totally happy. Just have to wait and see.

It seems to me that people are nitpicking on a bike that's a fantastic rider. Perhaps if you got on the bike and put some decent miles on it, you'd find the true joy is in cruising around, getting from place to place quickly and not staring aimlessly at your digital display. Use it as a supplement to your ride, you want detailed ride stats, then get yourself a small garmin bike computer, or get online and become a member of Strava and then you can get REALLY detailed stats. Pretty sure you can run Strava on your phone and it will track your ride, so no additional GPS computer is necessary. I have the garmin because it's very small and was perfect for my bike path rides. This is why GPS tracking speed, movement and distance is far more consistent than a cadence sensor, motor controller, computer, tire size, etc etc etc.

Strava is also cool because it has "Segments" where you are compared against other riders online through various sections of path or road that have already been set up by other riders. Very cool!

But I don't want to be compared to other riders! Wait. Do they have age brackets? I'd do alright vs the 95-110 group (I think).

And wrong information being given on other forums on how to make changes. They are not telling people to use the "mode" button to toggle to the P settings. You know darn well people get confuised and using the up arrow button which changes the P setting and they don't know how to get back to it and Lectric is getting all the calls.

Yep. As I said, Its EXTREMELY easy to change a setting and you do not realize you did it. All of that though, could have been avoided by either A) put in a sheet of paper in the box that has the settings defaults or B) email everyone the digital copy of that paper when they ship out the bike. But locking out the settings to avoid getting those calls, well, that's probably why we are here having this discussion today. :)

But I don't want to be compared to other riders! Wait. Do they have age brackets? I'd do alright vs the 95-110 group (I think).

Yes they do! I joined this mostly for when I am on my other normal bike and go on the bike path. I like the competitive aspect of it, albeit against people I have never met! keeps me pushing to try to go faster in some areas, of course on this bike you are really cheating :) but to have all your rides logged in detail and on a map is awesome.

Yes they do! I joined this mostly for when I am on my other normal bike and go on the bike path. I like the competitive aspect of it, albeit against people I have never met! keeps me pushing to try to go faster in some areas, of course on this bike you are really cheating :) but to have all your rides logged in detail and on a map is awesome.

And the map is savable? And editable so you can delete the rides on trails you didn't like and keep the good ones for future reference?

And the map is savable? And editable so you can delete the rides on trails you didn't like and keep the good ones for future reference?

Yes! just confirmed that you can delete rides. I had a basic free account for a few years and only last year bought the annual subscription for $24.99 that allowed me to create my own segments so I could then see how I compared to all other bikers who have ridden on the same path segment.

Who determines how nitpicky something is before its a real issue? Just curious. If I buy a black bicycle and get delivered a pink bicycle, Is it nitpicking that I didn't get the color I ordered? I have stated multiple times that the bike itself is nice. It's just that some of the features expected to be there, aren't anymore and nobody was told of these changes, and in some people's case, its a pretty big deal.

Who determines how nitpicky something is before its a real issue? Just curious. If I buy a black bicycle and get delivered a pink bicycle, Is it nitpicking that I didn't get the color I ordered? I have stated multiple times that the bike itself is nice. It's just that some of the features expected to be there, aren't anymore and nobody was told of these changes, and in some people's case, its a pretty big deal.

To each his own, if you're that upset, don't let up until you get an answer that is acceptable to you.

For me personally, I saw a video on their own website of an XP driving in sand and doing a skid. I tried this out the other day and the bike would literally barely budge on some deep sand by the beach, sure on hard packed sand and with a less heavy rider it might work better, but it surely was pretty inoperable in sand. So that part of the advertisement didn't live up to what it showed on their own website. That's not really a big deal to me however as I am not going to ride this thing on sand ever, I just wanted to test.

To a point, I agree with you. But selling longboards is not the same as selling ebikes; they are different products, with different customer expectations and demographics. The ease with which you can screw up the settings is where I think you're on to something, and perhaps they are getting tons of calls about that (and who knows, maybe even threatened legal action?). But I am not too sure that sending the settings out to customers via a sheet of paper in the box or by email will solve the problem. Some people will not understand it, ignore it, fiddle with it, but still screw it up nonetheless. I am sure many heads here will nod when I say "you can't fix stupid" (or careless). A great number of people here are clearly mechanically inclined and/or are doing their homework, but the vast majority of XP owners are probably not here or on FB. The decision to lock down the settings, for the company, is the path of least resistance. I understand this does not sit well with some people who bought the bike, but I would guess that in the long run the company is making the tradeoff that pissing off some people now and losing sales is the hit they will take to protect themselves in the long run when people who buy the bike will be unaware there was ever a time when the setting weren't locked.

To a point, I agree with you. But selling longboards is not the same as selling ebikes; they are different products, with different customer expectations and demographics. The ease with which you can screw up the settings is where I think you're on to something, and perhaps they are getting tons of calls about that (and who knows, maybe even threatened legal action?). But I am not too sure that sending the settings out to customers via a sheet of paper in the box or by email will solve the problem. Some people will not understand it, ignore it, fiddle with it, but still screw it up nonetheless. I am sure many heads here will nod when I say "you can't fix stupid" (or careless). A great number of people here are clearly mechanically inclined and/or are doing their homework, but the vast majority of XP owners are probably not here or on FB. The decision to lock down the settings, for the company, is the path of least resistance. I understand this does not sit well with some people who bought the bike, but I would guess that in the long run the company is making the tradeoff that pissing off some people now and losing sales is the hit they will take to protect themselves in the long run when people who buy the bike will be unaware there was ever a time when the setting weren't locked.

I agree. I have no problem with them deciding to lock the settings down for future-proofing it. The problem is they didn't tell us or give us an opportunity to say, you're changing what? Ok, cancel my order and issue a refund. That would have been the ethical thing to do. The great customer support thing to do. Instead, they just changed it and I'm guessing hoping no backlash would happen. 2 or 3 folks being upset on the forums doesn't equal out to be a crap ton of people, but I think its going to cost them several good sales they could have gotten. Considering who they started people out prototyping these things, it seems to be geared more towards less techy folks. Again, I'm fine with that as well. Just make things right with me, the customer that got caught in the crossfire, and I'm fine. I won't hold any ill will. In fact, that would just make them look better, having customer support that does care.

I agree. I have no problem with them deciding to lock the settings down for future-proofing it. The problem is they didn't tell us or give us an opportunity to say, you're changing what? Ok, cancel my order and issue a refund. That would have been the ethical thing to do. The great customer support thing to do. Instead, they just changed it and I'm guessing hoping no backlash would happen. 2 or 3 folks being upset on the forums doesn't equal out to be a crap ton of people, but I think its going to cost them several good sales they could have gotten. Considering who they started people out prototyping these things, it seems to be geared more towards less techy folks. Again, I'm fine with that as well. Just make things right with me, the customer that got caught in the crossfire, and I'm fine. I won't hold any ill will. In fact, that would just make them look better, having customer support that does care.
I do indeed understand your frustrations, but in reality if you just give it a little time there are lots of techy keeks out there that will figure this all out and have a fix. But I must say your tag name does definitely fit you.

Back