Lectric XP

Well, I don't know if that's the actual reason they locked them. I just assumed it was because there is no actual real reason to lock all those settings (except maybe low voltage cutoff but they could have just set a low voltage minimum that you couldn't pass) because the rest does not actually affect bicycle integrity or safety, as they apparently are claiming. I am seriously thinking about asking for it to be returned and for a refund.

Oh just fyi, Mine is black.
Buy the bike and order another controller that's unlocked online.. There cheap.. Problem solved

I got to go on my first ride yesterday, and maybe this is normal, but I'd like to get your thoughts. As I pedaled, with any of the PAS levels, it didn't feel like I was doing anything. I felt no resistance. The PAS was simply reacting to the fact that I was pedaling, but that I didn't contribute. Is that right? Is that how it works? This is my first eBike, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.

Buy the bike and order another controller that's unlocked online.. There cheap.. Problem solved
Why I have to buy new controller when i paid 900 for for the one i liked when it wasnt locked.
They at least should send an email saying they making the changes so i could tell them not to do it or i would cancel the order.
Only the cheap Chinese controllers are cheap and if you want good one they not so cheap.
Right now i feel like im not getting the product i paid for.

Well, I don't know if that's the actual reason they locked them. I just assumed it was because there is no actual real reason to lock all those settings (except maybe low voltage cutoff but they could have just set a low voltage minimum that you couldn't pass) because the rest does not actually affect bicycle integrity or safety, as they apparently are claiming. I am seriously thinking about asking for it to be returned and for a refund.

Oh just fyi, Mine is black.

The tire size lock is probably because people can make false claims.. such as "the battery is only doing so-and-so miles!!", the speed is not what you claimed i have proof!! etc etc.

So, they just locked it.

Why I have to buy new controller when i paid 900 for for the one i liked when it wasnt locked.
They at least should send an email saying they making the changes so i could tell them not to do it or i would cancel the order.
Only the cheap Chinese controllers are cheap and if you want good one they not so cheap.
Don't really see the big deal, even the most expensive controller is only about $50.00, so you now have $950.00 invested in the bike, the bike is still worth a lot more than that. Good luck finding something under $1,500.00 with all stuff the Lectric bikes come with.

Here is the link to the exact bars I got they are Ritchey Brand.

Here is the link to the exact grips I got, keep in mind I had to very carefully slide half of the right grip off so it could mate up with the twist throttle. This required some staggered cuts with my box cutter knife because you need the underlying plastic tabs sticking out for the inner aluminum lock to hold the grip in place. I did this same thing on a friend's bike with grip shifters and cut the end of the inner grip straight. Then it was moving around because the inside is smooth plastic, not grippy as the grips are fastened to the bars with the end pieces. If this does not make sense, once you order the new grips and remove the inner aluminum clamp, you will see the 2 underlying tabs sticking out that it grabs onto in order to tighten. These grips feel SOOOOO much better on your hands it's nuts. The bar ends offer great relief on longer rides just for giving you another spot to place your hands when they get tired, and that angle is far better on my wrists than flat bars.
What is the function of the metal extension that is located on the end of these grips?

Don't really see the big deal, even the most expensive controller is only about $50.00, so you now have $950.00 invested in the bike, the bike is still worth a lot more than that. Good luck finding something under $1,500.00 with all stuff the Lectric bikes come with.

My thoughts exactly. Also, don't be super concerned with staring at your display all the time, you should be more concerned with looking ahead so you don't die! o_O

I got to go on my first ride yesterday, and maybe this is normal, but I'd like to get your thoughts. As I pedaled, with any of the PAS levels, it didn't feel like I was doing anything. I felt no resistance. The PAS was simply reacting to the fact that I was pedaling, but that I didn't contribute. Is that right? Is that how it works? This is my first eBike, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.
I think it depends on how hard you pedal

When I ordered my e-bike I had no idea if I would be able to change any settings (except for top speed).
Then I got a copy of the owners manual and found that I would be able to change some others.
I would like to be able to correct tire size, but, it is not a big deal to me.

Sno kid you nailed it. Nobody would measure battery and share info so i did when i finally got mine . These batteries are the exactly the same, same connections and measurements 43cm x 4cm x 10.3 free shipping on aliexpress if anybody has heard of it. Says delivery by 10/16.
Thanks for providing me with the measurements.

What is the function of the metal extension that is located on the end of these grips?

They are called "bar ends" and are typically used in mountain biking. They provide extra grip and leverage when you grab the ends of the bars there, not to mention that position seems naturally more comfortable than when your hands are on the flat bar position. I love them, put them on all my bikes! They make a great difference when on longer rides.

where did you get front rack

Hey where did you get front rack and is it working well for you.
="old new dad, post: 220518, member: 26543"]
Here are some of the mods I made to my black XP:

Front Rack.
Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost.
Cygolite Front Light.
Bike Tail Light with Turn Signal - Wireless Remote.
Electric Horn.
[/QUOTE]

I got the front rack from Amazon.
Blackburn Local Deluxe Front or Rear Rack. Here's a photo. Yes it works well. You need a cable clamp (I used a 1 inch size clamp) to fix the rack to your forks.

Attachments

• 20190926_093518.jpg
    20190926_093518.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 279
Sno kid you nailed it. Nobody would measure battery and share info so i did when i finally got mine . These batteries are the exactly the same, same connections and measurements 43cm x 4cm x 10.3 free shipping on aliexpress if anybody has heard of it. Says delivery by 10/16.
Tommy, do you happen to know if the battery from your XP eBike will fit in your bag that is on the bike in your photo by your name? If it can, do you know if your bag is a 10L or 13L Rosewheel bag?

I don't think anyone has said it was a bad bike. You do get a lot for the price. Its the principle of what they have done here that is the concern. They already had a precedent that all the settings could be changed and then they intentionally locked them out and didn't let anyone know they were making this change. It is a very significant change to the bicycle. Think about it like this. You buy a car. Maybe you didn't buy it specifically for say cruise control but you knew it had it from previous sales. You think great, Its a feature I really want to use. You buy it, get it home then find out the manufacturer said sure its there but no, we don't want you to have it. In fact, we changed it quietly so nobody would notice. Or let's go simple. You buy a car not because it has cup holders but you know you really want to use that cup holder thats there. Then your car gets delivered and they covered the cup holder with a lock. Sure its there, but you cant use it. That is not the car you originally thought you were buying. I don't like the term bait and switch because it's often misused. This is not that but I do consider it shady business practices to lockout almost 75% of the settings the bike comes with and not mention it to anyone.

Im sorry sir but changing the controller isn't that easy and cheap as you might think.
It is not like changing tire , you need to change display too.
Then the wires for hall sensor can be different colors so its easy to burn it.
A lot of parts on bike has to work with the controller or you have to change them too.
Plugs can be different and so on.
Like i said i paid for something that was there and it isnt now , no matter how much i paid.
SO if your bike came with punctured tires would you say its ok because they cheap .
Maybe some people are ok with locked settings but im not

Im sorry sir but changing the controller isn't that easy and cheap as you might think.
It is not like changing tire , you need to change display too.
Then the wires for hall sensor can be different colors so its easy to burn it.
A lot of parts on bike has to work with the controller or you have to change them too.
Plugs can be different and so on.
Like i said i paid for something that was there and it isnt now , no matter how much i paid.
SO if your bike came with punctured tires would you say its ok because they cheap .
Maybe some people are ok with locked settings but im not
Easy solution...spend more on another brand bike that has settings you will touch once...And yes it is easy...I have changed the controller...As long as it's the same brand and model it works with your screen...

They are called "bar ends" and are typically used in mountain biking. They provide extra grip and leverage when you grab the ends of the bars there, not to mention that position seems naturally more comfortable than when your hands are on the flat bar position. I love them, put them on all my bikes! They make a great difference when on longer rides.
Thanks Trizzuth for this explanation. I may have to buy a pair.

Just made my life a little easier when riding in local trails in British Columbia....They are not exactly right as I should have put e-bike instead of E-Bike...I dont think this will matter though...;)

Attachments

• 20190926_075435.jpg
    20190926_075435.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 333
Back