Lectric XP

handlebar extenders are also a viable option for lazy people like me or someone who doesn't want to spend money on new bars and grips. I like that your light will be above cables and you can position phone right over the display. also take your crap off of it and you can use it for a stand when you flip bike over to work on it. https://www.amazon.com/Yizhet-Handl...2CQGRQXCFNBZSPRPS&refRID=8AR2CQGRQXCFNBZSPRPS man I hope this link I posted works I don't know what im doing
Oh yeah, that's what I love about this site, great ideas. Thanks, I'll be looking into that.

handlebar extenders are also a viable option for lazy people like me or someone who doesn't want to spend money on new bars and grips. I like that your light will be above cables and you can position phone right over the display. also take your crap off of it and you can use it for a stand when you flip bike over to work on it. https://www.amazon.com/Yizhet-Handl...2CQGRQXCFNBZSPRPS&refRID=8AR2CQGRQXCFNBZSPRPS man I hope this link I posted works I don't know what im doing
Yeah, seen those before on motorbikes but I might like the idea of a little more width instead

So I now have my new handlebars grips, seat and seatpost installed and wow what a difference! The wider handlebar alone makes such a huge difference in control and confidence. Seat post is amazing and I hope the new seat wears in after a bunch of rides as it is a tad stiff so far but I like it’s somewhat skinnier profile than the original. You just float around now with so much control, slap some hydraulic disc brakes on this bike and call it a day, it is that good.

Went to see my buddy down by the playground as he went there with his two kids and instantly was accosted by some dude asking about this bike! It’s like a magnet, EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY stares at you, even more so than if you were in a yellow Lamborghini.

I also ran through the fasteners and found the tail light really loose on one side, and my right pedal was just snug but not tight like I prefer so I cranked on it a bit. All the rest was ok..

Oh yeah and another problem with my new bar is that the area near the stem is wider than the original bar so the computer with its rubber shims is too wide for screws to grab and too loose without. I will make up some other kind of shim but it grabs with enough pressure for now to be totally fine..

Pics!
Where did you buy your handlebar grips? They look great.

This gentleman has posted a few videos on his new XP. While the quality of the videos leave something to be desired, he has four of them on his channel, and they do provide some decent information. Listen carefully - headphone use is recommended 🎧. He is soft-spoken.

I sent a message to Lectric support today about the lockout question here on the forum. Here is the response.

Stuart,
This change was made to address safety, insurance, service, parts, warranty, etc.. concerns. The owners manual indicates which settings may be changed and which ones should not be... and we have had customers make changes to their bikes that could impact their safety and the integrity of the bike.

It's remains an incredible bike! Thanks for checking in.
Brent

Interesting that they haven't replied back to me yet. Again, it is not their responsibility to lock any of those settings. Its the OWNERS of the bicycle that should be able to determine if they want to change them or not. The fact they sent out so many unlocked then decided to lock it should be grounds for some type of warning on their site. Really? Tire size is one they lock? That's going to affect the integrity of the bike? What happens if you decide down to road you want to go to a different tire size? Oh here are some numbers to maybe get you in the general area, lol BS. As I said, I can KIND of see the voltage cutoff in that they might have been able to set it to low but instead of locking it out they could have just set a minimum low voltage that wouldn't destroy the battery. Most of those settings would not affect the integrity of the bike.

I went through all settings today. The only ones you actually can change is 1,2,8,9,11 and 12. All others are locked. Including the suggestion of using 18 to modify speedo percentage or 17 to allow you to turn on cruise control to save cramping your hand on the throttle. I wonder how that could possibly affect the integrity of the bike or even safety in any possible way. Personally I think they took the wrong way about it and just locked out things so they wouldn't get calls on it when they could have just included a piece of paper with the default settings to it in the box or even the email they send you.

Is the bike a good bike, Yes it certainly is. Did I get the $900 bike I paid for? No. I got a crippled version.

Edit note, left 8 off, it can be changed.

Last edited:
Interesting that they haven't replied back to me yet. Again, it is not their responsibility to lock any of those settings. Its the OWNERS of the bicycle that should be able to determine if they want to change them or not. The fact they sent out so many unlocked then decided to lock it should be grounds for some type of warning on their site. Really? Tire size is one they lock? That's going to affect the integrity of the bike? What happens if you decide down to road you want to go to a different tire size? Oh here are some numbers to maybe get you in the general area, lol BS. As I said, I can KIND of see the voltage cutoff in that they might have been able to set it to low but instead of locking it out they could have just set a minimum low voltage that wouldn't destroy the battery. Most of those settings would not affect the integrity of the bike.

I went through all settings today. The only ones you actually can change is 1,2,8,9,11 and 12. All others are locked. Including the suggestion of using 18 to modify speedo percentage or 17 to allow you to turn on cruise control to save cramping your hand on the throttle. I wonder how that could possibly affect the integrity of the bike or even safety in any possible way. Personally I think they took the wrong way about it and just locked out things so they wouldn't get calls on it when they could have just included a piece of paper with the default settings to it in the box or even the email they send you.

Is the bike a good bike, Yes it certainly is. Did I get the $900 bike I paid for? No. I got a crippled version.

This is why I asked for controller part numbers. Since I haven't received my bike I can't post any numbers yet. I'd also like to know if this is affecting the white bikes or the black bikes or both. I remember there was mention of white bikes being shipped out before black bikes.

If someone with fully unlocked controllers would be so kind to post some part numbers that would be very useful. As would those that have received the recently locked controllers. This way we can begin to compare and contrast. And, possibly seek out alternative controllers as KevCentral ultimately did.

I can understand why Lectric went ahead with locking out some of these settings as a preventative measure. After all, they must protect their business and reputation. If you let the customer have full range of all the most minute settings there is a definite chance that owners can and will mess something up. This can lead to false warranty claims, injuries, death or even lawsuits. All of which will negatively impact the business even when they had good intentions and safety in mind. Better safe than sorry, right?

I like the handlebars...more space for adding more junk! What is the name, size, and where did you get it and the bar end horns? On your display you could just add 2 good quality black zip-ties, it may not be perfectly tight but I have loosened mine a little so that I can twist it out of the way when I fold up the bike and it doesn't move around while riding.

Here is the link to the exact bars I got they are Ritchey Brand.

Here is the link to the exact grips I got, keep in mind I had to very carefully slide half of the right grip off so it could mate up with the twist throttle. This required some staggered cuts with my box cutter knife because you need the underlying plastic tabs sticking out for the inner aluminum lock to hold the grip in place. I did this same thing on a friend's bike with grip shifters and cut the end of the inner grip straight. Then it was moving around because the inside is smooth plastic, not grippy as the grips are fastened to the bars with the end pieces. If this does not make sense, once you order the new grips and remove the inner aluminum clamp, you will see the 2 underlying tabs sticking out that it grabs onto in order to tighten. These grips feel SOOOOO much better on your hands it's nuts. The bar ends offer great relief on longer rides just for giving you another spot to place your hands when they get tired, and that angle is far better on my wrists than flat bars.

This is a good link to read about handlebar fitment. Read the part about width, obviously this bike came with shorter bars to make it more practical when folded, but wow, what a difference it makes in control...Mine are 670mm, which is way less than what is recommended below for mountain bikes, however, this is not a mountain bike, but bar and bar rise/angle is somewhat similar.

"If you’ve been riding mountain bikes for more than a few years, you’ve probably noticed handlebars trending wider. Why? A wider handlebar gives you more leverage and control. This means that hitting an unexpected root or rock with your front wheel is less likely to tear the handlebar out of your hands. Think of Archimedes quote: “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.”

That doesn’t mean that the widest, 800mm (31.5”) handlebar is right for you. A variety of factors come into play when deciding what width bar is right for you, or whether to cut down your current bars (remember, you can’t make them wider again).

• Your arm-span
  • Your shoulder width
  • How many trees are on the trails you normally ride.
  • How long your stem is.
Taller people (6’+), and those with very wide shoulders or long arms can often run an 800mm bar and benefit from added stability, unless their local trails have them dipping through tight-nit trees frequently. Then the danger of smacking your hand on a tree as you zoom by outweighs any benefits that may be gained. 760mm, or 30 inches, is a pretty good middle ground, and can accommodate anyone from 5’4” to 6’ comfortably. You can take a look at our handlebar offerings here, just make sure you know what stem clamp size you need: 31.8mm or 35mm."

I just confirmed P18 is locked at 100%. IIRC, that just controls the apparent speed the speedometer shows and has nothing at all to do with the actual speed the bike can do. So the tire size is off by 10% and they've taken away the ability to correct the speedo? Gee Lectric, that seems kinda dumb.

Last edited:
where did you get front rack
Great pics!
Hey where did you get front rack and is it working well for you.
="old new dad, post: 220518, member: 26543"]
Here are some of the mods I made to my black XP:

Front Rack.
Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost.
Cygolite Front Light.
Bike Tail Light with Turn Signal - Wireless Remote.
Electric Horn.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Good to know Not just me. Not trying to be petty just wondering cuz its different than my other one

Well if getting calls about the settings is what prompted them to lock all the settings, would even more calls change their minds? One of the reasons i liked the idea of the Lectric was the display with all the info. Problem is some of the info is not correct from the factory. I am very disappointed that my odometer is off by so far and could very easily calibrated by me if I simply had access to the adjustments that were designed into the controller.

My trip today on a bike path with marker posts every 1/4 mile showed that for every 4 miles on the marked path, the bike registered only 3. I was planning on doing a GPS speed check of the speedometer on the way back but forgot. Does anyone have a percentage that the speedo is off as well? If the speedo is off by the same percentage as the odometer, 20mph indicated would actually be 25mph and illegal for a class2 e-bike.
Also if odo is only showing 3/4 of miles traveled might be a little deceiving when u want to sell bike huh

Well if getting calls about the settings is what prompted them to lock all the settings, would even more calls change their minds? One of the reasons i liked the idea of the Lectric was the display with all the info. Problem is some of the info is not correct from the factory. I am very disappointed that my odometer is off by so far and could very easily calibrated by me if I simply had access to the adjustments that were designed into the controller.

Yours is off by a ton. Have you contacted Lectric? I know I would.

Well, I don't know if that's the actual reason they locked them. I just assumed it was because there is no actual real reason to lock all those settings (except maybe low voltage cutoff but they could have just set a low voltage minimum that you couldn't pass) because the rest does not actually affect bicycle integrity or safety, as they apparently are claiming. I am seriously thinking about asking for it to be returned and for a refund.

Oh just fyi, Mine is black.

Back