Lectric XP

No worries, it's still only one answer... No.

It seems just like vinyl tape, it'll peel right back off of you put it on wrong. But after a year or two....? That's what plastic scrapers are for.
Plastic scrapers will still damage the paint. To remove decals you use heat and adhesive/decal remover. 3m and Sem make it. Way easier and no damage.

Help!! I just picked up both a white and a black xp that I have waited over 2 months to get and the white one won't even turn on? WTF!! I have tried the battery from my white one in the black one and it works fine, but even putting the black battery into my white bike it still doesn't turn on. I have the key in the ON position and the battery is locked in. Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on???? Is there an inline fuse that maybe has to be replaced??
Do you have an electrical meter for testing? Have you checked out every connection to see if anything is loose? KevCentral shows in his second video where the controller is, maybe something is loose in there.

Last edited:
Help!! I just picked up both a white and a black xp that I have waited over 2 months to get and the white one won't even turn on? WTF!! I have tried the battery from my white one in the black one and it works fine, but even putting the black battery into my white bike it still doesn't turn on. I have the key in the ON position and the battery is locked in. Anyone have any suggestions on what is going on???? Is there an inline fuse that maybe has to be replaced??
That sucks! Watching...

Did you check the ON/OFF position with the key? Some batteries came with that security feature. Others, like mine didn't. Lectric explained to me that the production XPs come with the ON/OFF feature but some of the old batteries were shipped too (don't know the reason).

I would follow and check all power connection. 9 chances out of 10 one came loose while in transit if the other easier suggestion do not work.

Last edited:
I ordered 2 on June 1st with the projected first July shipment. I received my FEDEX tracking number of July 1st as they had indicated and I received the bikes on July 15 along with the free Saddlebags that were offered under a code from an RV review. Fit & finish of the bikes are excellent and they are set for class 2 and the manual shows how to set for Class 3 and they include the sticker for the bike if it is configured as such. The only issue we had with one bike was the rear bike rack was not straight (it was welded a little off) but the company took care of it by sending another rack. They were very prompt & professional. Nice to have great customer service with a startup company. They are very easy to ride and no surging or jerkiness. My wife felt was comfortable riding and both bikes respond the same in A/B comparison. For the price, I would have to say an excellent value. Attached are pics of the bikes. We added the mirrors and there is a different seat on my wife's bike.
Here's an update on ours so far getting ready to take on a trip. We tried to mount bikes on the RV rack unfolded, trying to keep it simple but the bikes required a lot of straps to stabilize them along with chafe guards between the bikes. We finally resorted to mounting them folded which we should have done first. They are more stable as they are free standing and they fit perfect on the rack and require way less straps. We'll remove the batteries during transport. We are in the process of finding a cover for them. Concerning the batteries on both our bikes, they cannot be turned off with the key, even though it has an off position on the batteries They are always live. We received ours with Lectrics' first delivery in July, our serial numbers are below 200. Our manual did not have instructions on the battery having an off position as later bikes have. Someone mentioned that there were some earlier batteries shipped, we got 2.

Attachments

• IMG_1907.jpg
    IMG_1907.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 692
If anyone is interested in a nicer seat that can be color matched as well the seat is been voted in the top 10 in more than one article. The brand is Bluewind it's more than double and triple the price elsewhere. Oh and that $14.61 is Canadian price 😳

C$ 14.61 38%OFF | Comfortable Shock Absorption Simple Bicycle Saddle Bike Seat for Woman Male Waterproof Leather Bicycle Seat

Here's an update on ours so far getting ready to take on a trip. We tried to mount bikes on the RV rack unfolded, trying to keep it simple but the bikes required a lot of straps to stabilize them along with chafe guards between the bikes. We finally resorted to mounting them folded which we should have done first. They are more stable as they are free standing and they fit perfect on the rack and require way less straps. We'll remove the batteries during transport. We are in the process of finding a cover for them. Concerning the batteries on both our bikes, they cannot be turned off with the key, even though it has an off position on the batteries They are always live. We received ours with Lectrics' first delivery in July, our serial numbers are below 200. Our manual did not have instructions on the battery having an off position as later bikes have. Someone mentioned that there were some earlier batteries shipped, we got 2.
Nice!!! Can i come?

Question to see if anyone has found a solution. My trip odometer was .3 of a mile off on 2 miles. Set the tire size to 22.2 now it is right on. However the speedometer has gone up 2 mph. Top speed PAS 5, 7th gear was 20 MPH, now it reads 22. 6 . Has anyone found a correct combination on settings?

Question to see if anyone has found a solution. My trip odometer was .3 of a mile off on 2 miles. Set the tire size to 22.2 now it is right on. However the speedometer has gone up 2 mph. Top speed PAS 5, 7th gear was 20 MPH, now it reads 22. 6 . Has anyone found a correct combination on settings?
Maybe that's the correct speed now also?????

No worries, it's still only one answer... No.

It seems just like vinyl tape, it'll peel right back off of you put it on wrong. But after a year or two....? That's what plastic scrapers are for.
Thanks i looked it up on amazon. They recomend heat to remove. Then solvent for leftover glue. It says tape is 5 inches wide. Is 2 1/2 inces enough to cover height of the lectric branding?

Put your cell phone on a holder next to the display. Turn on an app with a Speedo and odometer. One of my favorites is "map my ride" and compare. I have tested map my ride while turning it on in my truck and its pretty accurate. Smaller wheel size on your display also will show lower distance(inaccurate) miles traveled reading on odometer. Which is bad if your trying to calculate a distance you can travel on a charge but good for resale value lol.

I ride it like a regular bike ...you start in first gear and you pedal and as you're peddling you change gears to the speed that you want to go and the pedal revolutions that you want. You have the pas on level 1.. if you want to go faster you change gears and increase the pedal assist ....if you do it right it feels like you're riding a regular bike your just going a little quicker.when you're are coming up to a stop change gears back in to first and then do it all over again.
7 speeds just seems like overkill especially for non cyclist types, particularly when you have 500 watts at your disposal to smooth out the edges. They sell single speed ebikes. When I saw these advertised I didn’t get it, now I do. Right now I only need two speeds: a midrange and a low. Maybe in time I will start shifting through all seven and go for that 28MPH mark... but I doubt it.

Everyone can have different speed and odometer readings with same settings because its based on wheel size and wheel revolutions and not GPS.
Person with 15psi of air in tire will have different readings then one with 30psi.
Not by much in short trips but in 10+ miles you will see it.
I would do a roll test and measure distance that full revolution of wheel makes then you divide that by Pi and you get you wheel diameter.
You can even sit on bike during roll for more accurate measurement.
After that is set you will need gps to compare to your display speed and play with P18 to set it right.
Hope it helps and its not too much trouble to set it right.

Put your cell phone on a holder next to the display. Turn on an app with a Speedo and odometer. One of my favorites is "map my ride" and compare. I have tested map my ride while turning it on in my truck and its pretty accurate. Smaller wheel size on your display also will show lower distance(inaccurate) miles traveled reading on odometer. Which is bad if your trying to calculate a distance you can travel on a charge but good for resale value lol.
Just loaded the app, I'll check it. Thanks to both of you.
7 speeds just seems like overkill especially for non cyclist types, particularly when you have 500 watts at your disposal to smooth out the edges. They sell single speed ebikes. When I saw these advertised I didn’t get it, now I do. Right now I only need two speeds: a midrange and a low. Maybe in time I will start shifting through all seven and go for that 28MPH mark... but I doubt it.
I do 5 miles each day in PAS 3, 7th gear. I'm 72 enjoy the workout and like the speed. Probably kick it up to the 28 MPH setting tomorrow.

What a great time to be alive. Well, except for the robot uprising that's coming and of course Skynet becoming self-aware any day now and wiping out most of humanity. :) Minor details! It must have been amazing when the internal combustion engine came on the scene, and it's pretty amazing watching it slide into history, and we're here for it. Heck, we're even playing a small part.

Last edited:
Back