Lectric XP

My bike also rattled over bumps so I tried to use the plastic sheet but couldn't make it fit between the battery and the frame. While looking at the battery I noticed that it was moving forward and back which looked to me like that would cause problems with the electrical connections. On older electric bikes with the same type of post connections these have been a weak point and often fail to make connection. I found some 1/2" closed cell foam and put it on the end of the battery that goes into the frame and it stopped the movement and the rattling. This foam is most commonly used for HVAC installations or door sealing. Since the battery slopes to the rear of the bike I hope the foam will last a long time since there is very little pressure on it, if not, back to the drawing board!
I initially did something similar but the rattle came back...hopefully this works for you 👌

Then people will ignore the red letter warnings.
I know you can't fix stupid and I would enjoy posting, it's your own damn fault, instead of photo posts trying to help others out. As of now, there is no warning about the derailleur guards except social media and we all know very few read that until it's time to complain. I hate to be on the receiving end at Lectric, "my bike won't shift into high gear". That time could be used to fill orders. JMO.
So far, Lectric has not put out any notices of the new problem with installed derailleur guards, not even on their own web site.

I know you can't fix stupid and I would enjoy posting, it's your own damn fault, instead of photo posts trying to help others out. As of now, there is no warning about the derailleur guards except social media and we all know very few read that until it's time to complain. I hate to be on the receiving end at Lectric, "my bike won't shift into high gear". That time could be used to fill orders. JMO.
So far, Lectric has not put out any notices of the new problem with installed derailleur guards, not even on their own web site.
This isn't really a new problem...as soon as the guards were installed on the bikes the "problem" started. Easy fix... But yes they need to address that and loose pedal situation with some form of notice

I'm worried that the cranks might have been installed backwards. Isn't one supposed to be left thread, and other right thread? If they did that wrong, the pedals will unwind. On a regular bike pedals will always get tighter. That might not be true on an e-bike

Note to self: make sure the crank arms are on the correct side. Use blue lock-tight when you check pedals are tight.

I'm worried that the cranks might have been installed backwards. Isn't one supposed to be left thread, and other right thread? If they did that wrong, the pedals will unwind. On a regular bike pedals will always get tighter. That might not be true on an e-bike
No need to worry..you can't put them on backwards...the threads are right and left threads as per usual...they were just not tightened enough and consequently loosened up.... the arms are aluminum and is quite soft if not tight this happens

HD and Lowes sell perforated rubber shelf-liner that comes in a 12" roll. It's not very thick but it cuts easily and you can double or triple it. It might work and it's handy stuff to have on hand.
I have quite a few different rolls of shelf liner that is used in tool boxes and you would have to fold it over at least a half dozen times to match the thickness of the foam I used on my battery. I might try some of the shelf liner on the side of the battery if it starts to rattle again or maybe try the self adhesive felt pieces that you put under chair or table legs to protect your floor.

This isn't really a new problem...as soon as the guards were installed on the bikes the "problem" started. Easy fix... But yes they need to address that and loose pedal situation with some form of notice
The first shipment of bikes in July did not have the Guards. The early Aug shipment the guards were installed because of the number of bent derailleurs on the July bikes. The instruction books were already printed so there was no notice except for those on social media that were mechanically inclined and figured out the problem and posted it. Information supplied by Lectric.
The peddles are mentioned in the owners manual, but it seems many are not reading it.

Saw in one of the YouTube videos by Kevcentral that the rear fender was hitting the rack causing a rattle. Maybe that is an additional rattle. Fixed with a small block of foam.

The pedal probably was improperly inserted and tightened. Stripped the threads and worked its way off. Some guy in China who does a thousand pedals a day got sleepy and not paying attention.
No....they were not tightened..if you rode the bike they would damage the soft threads and then fall out. We have two bikes...don't ask me how I know....

It looks to me that Lectric has pretty much abandoned their website and Facebook page. Until yesterday the website was saying September shipping. The Facebook page is still promising September shipping.

It looks to me that Lectric has pretty much abandoned their website and Facebook page. Until yesterday the website was saying September shipping. The Facebook page is still promising September shipping.
You need to refresh your page their website says October

You need to re-read my post.
This should actually be on the other thread if any at all really... Obviously theyhaven't abandoned their webpages or they wouldn't be changing dates when able

Attachments

• 20190910_082742.jpg
    20190910_082742.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 345
No matter what the shipping dates show, being dark for public announcements of their products during and after delivery is not being transparent with the customers. Why was the derailleur guard issue left for the customers to figure it out for themselves? Why is there not an "Update" page instead of just changing shipping dates? I am sure Lectric has seen or heard about the gentleman that was injured because the peddles were not tightened. JMO that information could be made more open with product owners. Good chance that only 10% of the owners are following the social media forums.

Last edited:
Back