Lectric XP

I was just on the FaceBook XP owners site. It is amazing how many that received their bike yesterday don't know what to do with derailleur guard. Some are wanting to use the derailleur as a leverage point which would bend the derailleur for sure. Some think you need to remove it and put it in a vise. Lots of confusion still, some kind of notice needs to be made with new deliveries.

I was just on the FaceBook XP owners site. It is amazing how many that received their bike yesterday don't know what to do with derailleur guard. Some are wanting to use the derailleur as a leverage point which would bend the derailleur for sure. Some think you need to remove it and put it in a vise. Lots of confusion still, some kind of notice needs to be made with new deliveries.

Well hold on just a sec. Interferring with the Darwin Awards is serious business. There's no telling what dark forces might be unleashed that humanity will have to deal with down the road.

The derailleur is 13.00 on amazon... take the guard off and throw it away...

This is not for Bro box but for those who are not certain of how to bend their derailleur guard. Grab your adjustable wrench or pliers, a shop cloth or piece of rubber, put your tool of choice on the guard and gently lift it towards you. There is no need to pry against the derailleur, it bends very easily and you don't have to bend it very far. I agree with Snow kid, the derailleur is cheap and if you do take the guard off and somehow the derailleur gets damaged you can still keep riding using only the throttle.

Attachments

• 20190910_113251.jpg
    20190910_113251.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 581
This is not for Bro box but for those who are not certain of how to bend their derailleur guard. Grab your adjustable wrench or pliers, a shop cloth or piece of rubber, put your tool of choice on the guard and gently lift it towards you. There is no need to pry against the derailleur, it bends very easily and you don't have to bend it very far. I agree with Snow kid, the derailleur is cheap and if you do take the guard off and somehow the derailleur gets damaged you can still keep riding using only the throttle.
Here is an interesting article that people might want to take a look at

I guess at 72 I still have some strength. 😂 I was able to bend over the bike in it's upright position and pull the derailleur guards out on both bikes with one hand, thanks to seeing the "what to do's" on this forum. To bad others are so clueless. or don't even try. Nice that you posted that tip with with a photo.

Last edited:
I have a Suntour NCX seat post on it's way, just wondering if anybody has looked into replacing the front fork with a suspension fork?
Funny you should mention that. I just started halfheartedly looking at that today. I'd have to take the headset apart to check on some sizes, but it looks like all the ones i see for sale come in the same size. 28.6mm tubing, 135mm spread between the dropouts. It looks like the brake mounting points are also fairly standard. I don't know if you'd be able to re-mount the front fender without some tweaking (or if it would look silly).

I guess at 72 I still have some strength. 😂 I was able to bend over the bike in it's upright position and pull the derailleur guards out on both bikes with one hand. Thanks to seeing the "what to do's" on this forum. To bad others are so clueless. or don't even try. Nice that you passed that tip on with a photo.
I think for some its sometimes easier to complain.. 😊

Funny you should mention that. I just started halfheartedly looking at that today. I'd have to take the headset apart to check on some sizes, but it looks like all the ones i see for sale come in the same size. 28.6mm tubing, 135mm spread between the dropouts. It looks like the brake mounting points are also fairly standard. I don't know if you'd be able to re-mount the front fender without some tweaking (or if it would look silly).
I believe that unless you get the suspension forks from a similar model the geometry will be out of wack. Look at a normal bike setup compared to a folding bar setup...the stem on a folding bike is very long compared to a regular bicycle..

Some more videos about our bikes, what I don't like about most videos is the seat is always too low for one's knees. Also many videos don't show using the twist lock on the front handlebar stem or mention or show checking the pedals. We already have had 4 posts about pedals that have fallen off that I have seen and I'm afraid that one of these days something will pop up about the front handlebars. READ THE FRICKIN' MANUAL and save your skin and bike. Darwin is waiting...

I believe that unless you get the suspension forks from a similar model the geometry will be out of wack. Look at a normal bike setup compared to a folding bar setup...the stem on a folding bike is very long compared to a regular bicycle..
Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same thing, going to have to do some more research.

What geometry will be way out of wack? I know the difference between a folding bike and a regular one and I know how forks attach to stems on folding bikes. If everyone is making 20" fat tire forks the same size, it follows that our bike might use that size too. you just need to open it up and verify some measurements to be sure. I'm not talking about putting a 27" mountain bike fork on it.

What geometry will be way out of wack? I know the difference between a folding bike and a regular one and I know how forks attach to stems on folding bikes. If everyone is making 20" fat tire forks the same size, it follows that our bike might use that size too. you just need to open it up and verify some measurements to be sure. I'm not talking about putting a 27" mountain bike fork on it.
I understand that...let us know when you find something that you think will work.I am interested.I have never seen a fork with the length of stem our bikes have other than folding bikes..😁

I understand that...let us know when you find something that you think will work.I am interested.I have never seen a fork with the length of stem our bikes have other than folding bikes..😁

I saw that someone on a thread about the Ecotric 20" folder tried to replace the original stiff fork with a suspension fork. Perhaps you might want to look at it for a comparison.

I saw that someone on a thread about the Ecotric 20" folder tried to replace the original stiff fork with a suspension fork. Perhaps you might want to look at it for a comparison.

Perfect I'm quite interested in that.thank you
I'll be watching how this turns out.⭐

Kevcentral reviewing the Onway. At around 3:10 he talks about the suspension fork. Yup, I think I could learn to like icing cupcakes.

Imo this review shines a good light on the Lectric since it's obvious he still prefers the Lectric even though this cheaper bike has some good features.

Well here you go:

I was kinda disappointed to see that it was an old-school threaded steerer tube on the fork with a jam nut on the stem. Just like a kids department store bike. I don't remember seeing any threaded suspension forks when I was searching. if they do have them, they're going to be the same low rent department store quality. Totally bogus.

on a lighter note, did you notice there's a serial number stamped on the top of your head tube, you can see it if you zoom in right above the logo?

Back